1942 replies to this topic

#41 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:59 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 12:52 PM, said:

$3800.that was 2nd place. Zach's BFF Fleury cost me the first place prize of $7k.
my dream is one day to be a part of this baller pool.I got you in the AHL..least you can do brotha..:club:
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#42 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,795 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:01 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 3:59 PM, said:

my dream is one day to be a part of this baller pool.
What are the details? It's not like we don't start pools around here.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#43 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:03 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 2:01 PM, said:

What are the details? It's not like we don't start pools around here.
The main detail is the baller amount..Probably like a $1000 buyin

#44 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,795 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 4:03 PM, said:

People can find partners.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#45 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 5:03 PM, said:

Buy in is $400.Then, every transaction is $10, meaning every free agent+trade+injury reserve. Teams spend anywhere from another $300 to $1000 on top of the $400.You wont win spending $300. 2 years ago I won by spending another $1k.There are 15teams.Its really not that deep a pool at all, its just a bunch of guys who dont care unless there is a lot of money on the line. Mostly older guys too, most in their 40's. The pool itself started as a baseball pool (im in that one too) 30yrs ago! I joined about 6yrs ago. I love any kind of pool (you guys know that), but the money sure makes it VERY attractive.Serge, I told them that I got a friend with interest, but at this point, none of the 15 are leaving, and they dont want to go beyond that. oh, its also completely rotiss style, a copy of your basic baseball rotiss pool. And its got some hilarious "rules". Monthly meetings in person for trades where no-show is a $50 fine. The commish is a great guy, but runs it very dictator like. He's usually pretty good about listening to others, but at the end of the day, his call. But it works cause hes well respected, and usually very fair.also, hockey draft in Niagara every year (golf+drinking+drating wknd), and the baseball pool is at a very nice downtown Toronto corporate boardroom.

#46 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,126 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

Who's gonna wanna team up with Serge though?He'd have to find someone completely unaware of his betting/pool history on these boards.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#47 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:14 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 5:10 PM, said:

People can find partners.
Thats how I started. I wasnt willing to dish out that much for a hockey pool.After a few successful years, we split up. (Serge, my partner was Armen, who you met at the drafts)The pool now is not allowing partners.

#48 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,795 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

View PostZach6668, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 4:11 PM, said:

Who's gonna wanna team up with Serge though?He'd have to find someone completely unaware of his betting/pool history on these boards.
He works for a bank...he has a program that takes all the partial pennies and deposits them into his account.

#49 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 2:11 PM, said:

Buy in is $400.Then, every transaction is $10, meaning every free agent+trade+injury reserve. Teams spend anywhere from another $300 to $1000 on top of the $400.You wont win spending $300. 2 years ago I won by spending another $1k.There are 15teams.Its really not that deep a pool at all, its just a bunch of guys who dont care unless there is a lot of money on the line. Mostly older guys too, most in their 40's. The pool itself started as a baseball pool (im in that one too) 30yrs ago! I joined about 6yrs ago. I love any kind of pool (you guys know that), but the money sure makes it VERY attractive.Serge, I told them that I got a friend with interest, but at this point, none of the 15 are leaving, and they dont want to go beyond that. oh, its also completely rotiss style, a copy of your basic baseball rotiss pool. And its got some hilarious "rules". Monthly meetings in person for trades where no-show is a $50 fine. The commish is a great guy, but runs it very dictator like. He's usually pretty good about listening to others, but at the end of the day, his call. But it works cause hes well respected, and usually very fair.also, hockey draft in Niagara every year (golf+drinking+drating wknd), and the baseball pool is at a very nice downtown Toronto corporate boardroom.
This is awesome..I am in a semi baller football pool that I share with a buddy..$500 buyin, we actually won two years in a row..I may start my own

#50 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

View Postserge, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 5:17 PM, said:

This is awesome..I am in a semi baller football pool that I share with a buddy..$500 buyin, we actually won two years in a row..I may start my own
IN!(i really need to stop entering every pool anyone mentions)

#51 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 2:14 PM, said:

Thats how I started. I wasnt willing to dish out that much for a hockey pool.After a few successful years, we split up. (Serge, my partner was Armen, who you met at the drafts)The pool now is not allowing partners.
thats cool..Well you know who to call, if someone drops out...I am dead money as you know.. :club: I know a lot of sick gamblers around my circle, maybe ill try to start up a $500 a year hockey pool...

#52 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

if you think about it whats $500..The average sports bettor bets that just in proline over the course of a year.

#53 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:22 PM

Oh, and I dont about the rest of you, but that kinda money is not for the weak of heart. With 3 days to go in the season, I was out of 1st place because of 5 penalty minutes. So, 5 penatly minutes would have cost me $3k+.A few years ago there was an incredible virtual 3 way tie, and a guy won the 3rd place $1300, instead of $7k, because of 1goal!can be brutal!(then again, I lost out on Hall/Seguin in the AHL cause of 1goal, so I guess it can happen in any pool! at least I got lucky in the Reject Cup)

#54 serge

serge

• Members
  • 48,801 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on Friday, April 23rd, 2010, 2:22 PM, said:

Oh, and I dont about the rest of you, but that kinda money is not for the weak of heart. With 3 days to go in the season, I was out of 1st place because of 5 penalty minutes. So, 5 penatly minutes would have cost me $3k+.A few years ago there was an incredible virtual 3 way tie, and a guy won the 3rd place $1300, instead of $7k, because of 1goal!can be brutal!(then again, I lost out on Hall/Seguin in the AHL cause of 1goal, so I guess it can happen in any pool! at least I got lucky in the Reject Cup)
I lost to Chris in game 6 of the reject cup in a brutal way that still haunts me..With a minute to go, he could only win with a goal from Derrick Brassard..And yes he got it.I was that close to beating him and going through.

#55 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Fantasy football high roller pool for the win!
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#56 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:37 PM

Vegas Week!Anyone else as excited as I am?

#57 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,126 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:47 PM

Wait, what?I leave for Vegas tomorrow night.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#58 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:49 PM

View PostDubey, on Monday, May 31st, 2010, 5:37 PM, said:

Vegas Week!Anyone else as excited as I am?
YES!(sorry, I had to be anal and throw it into this thread!)Im leaving Sat night.....cant wait til my work is over Tuesday. But it wont stop me from enjoying Vegas before then.

#59 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,126 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

BINK ARP.Got you covered, buddy.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#60 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,904 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

View PostZach6668, on Monday, May 31st, 2010, 5:51 PM, said:

BINK ARP.Got you covered, buddy.
I need this after-work vaca so badly right now....Im literally counting down the days like a kid at Christmas. I even downloaded some ridiculously unnecessary countdown app just to put a smile on my face when I need it.Serge, anything happen with your possible trip?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users