• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#41 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

6 goals so far from Florida??????????????I am doomed.

#42 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:26 AM

View PostBabying, on Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010, 9:16 PM, said:

6 goals so far from Florida??????????????I am doomed.
Looks like Minnesota saved you.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#43 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

2-2!You run so good at how awful my lineups are. This is my worst 7-game stretch of the season, by far, lineup-wise.I don't think it gets any better, hypothetically, in rounds 2, 3 or 4, though either, so I don't really think I care.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#44 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:26 AM

I'm so pissed I traded you Evgeny Artyukhin for nothing. The guy is going to be a stud and he is on your farm.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#45 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:19 PM

View PostZach6668, on Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 1:01 AM, said:

2-2!You run so good at how awful my lineups are. This is my worst 7-game stretch of the season, by far, lineup-wise.I don't think it gets any better, hypothetically, in rounds 2, 3 or 4, though either, so I don't really think I care.
Donuts from my guys this afternoon. I really don't like my chances with your Devil guys against Edmonton.

#46 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

View PostBabying, on Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 6:19 PM, said:

Donuts from my guys this afternoon. I really don't like my chances with your Devil guys against Edmonton.
Daniel had an assist.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#47 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

View PostZach6668, on Sunday, March 7th, 2010, 6:46 PM, said:

Daniel had an assist.
To me that is a donut since he is my 1st OT. The ugly night continues, zeros in the 1st from the Sabres/Rangers game. I am really dreading the Devils game coming up.

#48 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:36 AM

Good series, Wayne.I hate excuses, but I can't believe how awful my lineups are in these playoffs. I knew I didn't have Big M depth, but I thought my team was pretty deep. Stafford was supposed to be the bottom of my top end guys, and has just had a very mediocre season, and now he's injured for a while. Moss was supposed to be my better lower-end depth guy, and he's been absolutely pitiful. Guys like Cooke, Asham, Begin have had hot streaks, but they were just FA pickups with very low expectations, and they can't be counted on. When I have to start Asham in several playoff games, you know there's a problem.Hemsky would have been really nice to have, too. Hejduk missing a game or two already in the playoffs as well, sigh.Even my defense, which I thought was adequately deep has been getting exposed for it's lack of depth. My top 5 would be Keith, Yandle, Tyutin, Spacek, Girardi, which I would be comfortable with any 4, at least earlier in the season. Spacek fell off the face of the earth, from last year's totals. Girardi started off on fire and completely disappeared. Those two are basically my 2nd tier of d-men now, and random pick up Huskins has about the same pool PPG as them. Keith was a nice surprised, as he's one of the top 3 d-men in the pool, and Yandle is progressing very nicely. Tyutin as well. After those 5, it's an absolute disaster though, and I've had to use more of my bottom end d-men in this series than at any stretch in the regular season.Not to mention 2 goalie-less nights in the first 5 games, where I think I had 3 all regular season. And that's before even accounting for goaltending already being my weakest position.Sigh. Don't think I can win 2 more, with the lineups I'm icing. Considering Arron Asham and David Moss would see the lineup 4 of 7 games, if it went the distance, bleh.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#49 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:37 AM

View PostZach6668, on Monday, March 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM, said:

Good series, Wayne.I hate excuses, but I can't believe how awful my lineups are in these playoffs. I knew I didn't have Big M depth, but I thought my team was pretty deep. Stafford was supposed to be the bottom of my top end guys, and has just had a very mediocre season, and now he's injured for a while. Moss was supposed to be my better lower-end depth guy, and he's been absolutely pitiful. Guys like Cooke, Asham, Begin have had hot streaks, but they were just FA pickups with very low expectations, and they can't be counted on. When I have to start Asham in several playoff games, you know there's a problem.Hemsky would have been really nice to have, too. Hejduk missing a game or two already in the playoffs as well, sigh.Even my defense, which I thought was adequately deep has been getting exposed for it's lack of depth. My top 5 would be Keith, Yandle, Tyutin, Spacek, Girardi, which I would be comfortable with any 4, at least earlier in the season. Spacek fell off the face of the earth, from last year's totals. Girardi started off on fire and completely disappeared. Those two are basically my 2nd tier of d-men now, and random pick up Huskins has about the same pool PPG as them. Keith was a nice surprised, as he's one of the top 3 d-men in the pool, and Yandle is progressing very nicely. Tyutin as well. After those 5, it's an absolute disaster though, and I've had to use more of my bottom end d-men in this series than at any stretch in the regular season.Not to mention 2 goalie-less nights in the first 5 games, where I think I had 3 all regular season. And that's before even accounting for goaltending already being my weakest position.Sigh. Don't think I can win 2 more, with the lineups I'm icing. Considering Arron Asham and David Moss would see the lineup 4 of 7 games, if it went the distance, bleh.
This thing is not over yet. Stranger things have happen.

#50 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 06:52 AM

And it's official.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#51 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,804 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:13 AM

Congrats Zach...great season. This league is all about timing. Injuries at the wrong time can kill you. And of course Tavares goes about 20 games without a goal and scores last night.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#52 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:34 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM, said:

Congrats Zach...great season. This league is all about timing. Injuries at the wrong time can kill you. And of course Tavares goes about 20 games without a goal and scores last night.
Yeah, lol.The biggest thing was just my lineups in the playoffs. They weren't good enough. They weren't a reflection of the talent on my team. I don't know if that's all luck, though. I could have planned better and had players who played more playoff games, maybe.In order of their pool points per game, which was last calculated just before the playoffs:(In 6 playoff games, each player appeared:)Ilya Kovalchuk - 2 gamesBrad Richards - 3 gamesAles Hemsky - 0 games (injured)Langenbrunner - 2 gamesHejduk - 2 games (injured for 2 more)McDonald - 3 gamesStillman - 4 gamesStafford - 2 games (injured for 1 more)Chimera - 3 gamesCooke - 3 gamesRegin - 2 gamesAsham - 3 gamesMoss - 3 gamesArtyukhin - 1 gameBegin, Talbot, Wallin, Chipchura did not play any games.It's just annoying that I had to go so deep into my reserve type guys for almost every game. Game 1, I had very close to my best lineup, missing only Hejduk and Hemsky out of my top 6 forwards. After that, I was lucky to get 3 of my top 8 guys. Basically, I consider the top 8 there, my go-to guys, except maybe Stafford who has disappointed this season. After that it's a drop off, but I should be fine with one or two of them in a game if necessary.I ended up with a distribution of:Game 1 - 6 / 0Game 2 - 4 / 2Game 3 - 3 / 3Game 4 - 4 / 2Game 5 - 2 / 4Game 6 - 2 / 4And game 7 wouldn't have been much better than game 5 or 6.It doesn't look as bad as I thought, but even then, I'm missing my top end guys the most. Kovy, Richards, Hemsky.Oh well, I will have mostly the same team next season, probably, so we'll see if I get luckier with the playoff scheduling. Or, it could be time to sell Kovalchuk while his contract is still decent and get a big return to make my team a bit deeper, or better set for the future. Time will tell.It's been an incredibly fun first season, though, and I'm glad I got a chance to get into this league.
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#53 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,907 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:07 AM

good season Zach. tough timing. I have to say, you, Ingmen and Big M's all in 1 division (mine!), is scary. And Greaseballs is not bad either.

#54 Babying

Babying

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,489 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Good series. Hard fought for sure. Playing your weakest lineups definitely helped me.Hopefully I can win a couple of games agains Bob.

#55 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 09:26 AM

View PostBabying, on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, 12:25 PM, said:

Good series. Hard fought for sure. Playing your weakest lineups definitely helped me.Hopefully I can win a couple of games agains Bob.
Yeah, I'm rooting for you. :club:
LETS GO PITTSBURGH

#56 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,907 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:23 PM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on Wednesday, March 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM, said:

This league is all about timing.
Wed night:My top 6 fwds all playtotal score=4but only 5 NHL gamesThurs night=10 NHL games1/6 of my top fwds.Only 4 healthy fwds to play overall.score=???? not likely good enough!and his gtd seems to keep playing the freaking Oilers.I hate the AHL!!!!losing a 3-1 lead is brutal....

#57 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:07 AM

any chance the AHL is posting their draft results, whenever that may be? I want to compile where everyone was taken in the different leagues.
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#58 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:33 AM

View Poststrategy, on Monday, September 20th, 2010, 4:07 AM, said:

any chance the AHL is posting their draft results, whenever that may be? I want to compile where everyone was taken in the different leagues.
Draft is October 6th..Im sure someone will post it.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#59 strategy

strategy

Internet expert

• Members
  • 15,932 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:strategy

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:45 AM

View Postserge, on Monday, September 20th, 2010, 7:33 AM, said:

Draft is October 6th..Im sure someone will post it.
you haven't had any of the draftees poached as 14 year olds, right?
QUOTE (ShakeZuma @ Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011, 4:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously though, with that grammar it's really like, I mean it doesn't bother me as much that she gets beat, you know?

#60 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,802 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:51 AM

View Poststrategy, on Monday, September 20th, 2010, 5:45 AM, said:

you haven't had any of the draftees poached as 14 year olds, right?
I am not sure...
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users