To Mr. Negreanu

So I just signed up with PokerVT yesterday, and I've been hooked to my laptop ever since! It's unbelievable to me the amount of information that I have just opened myself up to, and how easy it is to understand. I have read your Power Hold'em book that dives into the small ball strategy, but being able to watch you use your strategy as you are explaining the reason behind his moves, logic, etc. for me is much easier to comprehend than reading it and having to then later try to apply it to real life situations and hope that I am making the right moves. The last 6 months or so I have primarily been playing online, for lack of card rooms in my area, and Im hoping that my new found information database will help me become a winning player now! I have done okay online, one semi-deep run in the Sunday Millions off of a 3.50 sattelite, finishing around 300th place(and for the most part folded my way to 300th place), mixed in with lower limit buy-in games, with some wins in there, but mainly just tilting from bad beats, getting sucked out on hard in low limits, and buying into tournaments way out of my BR and busting. Im hoping to cure myself of my lack of discipline at times and beat the donk's and start making some real money! My question for you Daniel would be, if in fact you do read this...How do you beat tilt and become a truly disciplined poker player who never lets emotion come into his game? Im not calling myself a donk who just bluffs off his chips all the time and makes shitty plays. I know the game of poker, and I have done pretty well for myself so far, but I want to make poker my job and not let other players bad plays they make against me affect my game. It sounds like a ridiculous question to have you answer, one which deals with another players inner demons i guess you could say, but any tricks at all that have helped you stray from the tilting ways, and making decisions you know were not the ones to make, but made them anyways!! Thank you for your time and dedication to PokerVT as well, I am already totally 100% satisfied with it and can't wait to post my future results with you all! Sincerely,AhhflushC.C

I think Daniel, as well as most of the other PokerVT Pros, have answered this question in the Q&A sections. You might want to check that out if you haven't already.
I have not checked that out, but I definitely will!..While I was hoping for a reply from him, just posting the fact of how truly happy I am already with PokerVT was the main point of my post!

On another note, maybe he would be more response to PokerVT questions on the PokerVT bulletin board. They have set up a new site for members.There is a post with a link to it in this forum.

www.Pokervt.com/forumI think you'll be impressed with what they are doing there. BTW, they talk about not losing control on the site. If you find out a way to make it work for you, please tell me. I done extremely well with Daniels system and still find myself in situations like last night. My brother and I played a tournament and I was 2 away from the final table. I had only played 1 hand in two orbits and had AQ. BB called my 3x raise. He won the hand with K7 off. Next hand after break was the next hand I played and had KdQd. Flop was AKQ. I moved all in and the guy called with 10 4 off and caught a J on the river. The only two hands I lost all night and I was out 12th! I called him everything but a child of God when he wanted to explain why he felt he should do it. I hardly ever get mad at the tables but I did that night.I will say this though. Even after the first bad beat, I got up and walked around a while. Talked to my wife. Got some fresh air and came back with the hand as far out of my mind as possible. If you don't find some way to relax, you'll find that your next move is J 5 and sitting on the rail cheering on your friends while you call for another Corona.Good luck and congrats on your placing in the Millions.

www.Pokervt.com/forumI think you'll be impressed with what they are doing there. BTW, they talk about not losing control on the site. If you find out a way to make it work for you, please tell me. I done extremely well with Daniels system and still find myself in situations like last night. My brother and I played a tournament and I was 2 away from the final table. I had only played 1 hand in two orbits and had AQ. BB called my 3x raise. He won the hand with K7 off. Next hand after break was the next hand I played and had KdQd. Flop was AKQ. I moved all in and the guy called with 10 4 off and caught a J on the river. The only two hands I lost all night and I was out 12th! I called him everything but a child of God when he wanted to explain why he felt he should do it. I hardly ever get mad at the tables but I did that night.I will say this though. Even after the first bad beat, I got up and walked around a while. Talked to my wife. Got some fresh air and came back with the hand as far out of my mind as possible. If you don't find some way to relax, you'll find that your next move is J 5 and sitting on the rail cheering on your friends while you call for another Corona.Good luck and congrats on your placing in the Millions.
I actually just signed up on the Forum on PokerVT earlier today, and had a little trouble with it. I tried logging in with my PokerVT account info and it wouldn't let me sign in. So I tried to create an account using the same information, and it won't let me access any of the PokerVT content in there. Kind of bummed about that seeing as it's a forum for PokerVT players only and you can discuss success and problems as well. Anyway, im trying to get that all sorted out, sent an e-mail, no reply yet but hopefully I will get one soon! I know what your sayin about the bubble finishes though, especially from sick bad beats like 3 outers on the RIVER!! I'm usually pretty good about not going on tilt, but lately I have been playing alot more hours online and see many more sick beats and after a while it tends to get to you. But since my New Years resolution is to play better poker, Im bringing alot a whole new set of rules when it comes to playing online! No Tilting being at the top of the list!..

One thing I have been doing online lately when I go through a bad run is to switch to another game at the micros.I will play the 02 - 05 PLO and just go nuts. I might lose $10 or $20, but is sure as heck beats losing 2 more buy-ins at the bigger games.As for the live games... that is a totally diferent story. If you are playing a cash game, sure you can get up and walk around. But as soon as you get back, you're going to have to look at the donk that called your re-raise with 3 outs for the rest of the night. I generally ask for a table change or pack it up. I can't get past the, "I'm going to trap him" mentality and wind up stacking off to someone else in the process.Live tourneys... no suggestions. Suck it up and pray it gets better.Good Luck

I actually just signed up on the Forum on PokerVT earlier today, and had a little trouble with it. I tried logging in with my PokerVT account info and it wouldn't let me sign in. So I tried to create an account using the same information, and it won't let me access any of the PokerVT content in there. Kind of bummed about that seeing as it's a forum for PokerVT players only and you can discuss success and problems as well. Anyway, im trying to get that all sorted out, sent an e-mail, no reply yet but hopefully I will get one soon! I know what your sayin about the bubble finishes though, especially from sick bad beats like 3 outers on the RIVER!! I'm usually pretty good about not going on tilt, but lately I have been playing alot more hours online and see many more sick beats and after a while it tends to get to you. But since my New Years resolution is to play better poker, Im bringing alot a whole new set of rules when it comes to playing online! No Tilting being at the top of the list!..
Make sure to click on the first thread and tell them that you are having problems. I am having the same problem but they are able to fix it if you tell them that your account is having trouble.Good luck on the resolution. Just remember that if you are leaving on a badbeat, you're playing good poker. I know that's not much comfort but know that the odds are on the side of the player that's playing right.
  • 2 months later...
well your opp are playing shit like J5 and winning. I know they say if you make the right play over the long run you will win, but I have never seen it. I had a run were I was a 80 20 fav or better and didn't win once, and I have never won a hand when I flop 2 pair I alway lose if it goes to the river. People dont want to believe it but poker like all other gambling is luck, and yes some people are just luckier then others.
well your opp are playing shit like J5 and winning. I know they say if you make the right play over the long run you will win, but I have never seen it. I had a run were I was a 80 20 fav or better and didn't win once, and I have never won a hand when I flop 2 pair I alway lose if it goes to the river. People dont want to believe it but poker like all other gambling is luck, and yes some people are just luckier then others.
HAHAHAH