Conceptual Question

I've consistently had a problem with the following situation:I'm in the top 10 chips stacks with less than 100 people left. I'm at a table I've been at for an hour or more and have been stealing blinds regularly when folded to me.Now I'm suddenly moved to a new table and there's a guy who is already occupying the position I was at my last table (ie making timely steals as a large stack.) How do I get a feel for the table without risking too many chips. What range should I be raising and how does it change with respect to my seating position against the other big stack? (I don't want to sit tight at this stage in the tourney, but I can't be as loose as I have just been for two blind periods.)

Fold hands for a bit and watch the other players duke it out.. If you have that many chips you have some time to sit back and observeI have the same problem as well, trying to fix it.

Attack stacks, If you have a big stack go for Blinds where the stacks are an average size and are more apt to fold to any raise without a big hand. If you don't have a big hand and the big stack comes back at you it's better to just fold and stay out of his way unless you think he is weak and is trying to bully you.

Attack stacks, If you have a big stack go for Blinds where the stacks are an average size and are more apt to fold to any raise without a big hand. If you don't have a big hand and the big stack comes back at you it's better to just fold and stay out of his way unless you think he is weak and is trying to bully you.
So you're saying regardless of where the other big stack is seated, continue raising with a wide range of holdings?