An Open Challenge To Zach

This is an open challenge that I just came up with to our friend Zach.Zach,I will challenge you to a heads up limit battle for any stakes up to 20-40. The only stipulation is that the match MUST BE LIVE. Chris(Gruven) has offered to host the game and provide dealers. I say we play for 8 hours with 4 15 minute breaks. We can have the match taped and even possibly broadcast live on the internet. I am not sure if its possible to have hole cams(if anyone has advice on this) but it would be cool.Zach you are a very good limit player, however I payed by way through university, bought 2 cars and basically supported myself for several years playing 10-20 holdem.If you are man enough to take the challenge , we can set the date.Also I have promised Chris first dibs on the side action.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is more opportunity in Toronto, ie press coverage and media attention.

By the way this challenge is open to every one on FCP with the exception of one person. That person is BOB...I wont play him heads up.Ill take on anyone else, even that Negreanu guy..Apparently he is pretty good at limit holdem..lolI am serious , if there are any takers.

Please Please Please Serge challenge me too.
As you saw, I have excluded you in the challenge.Mad respect, as I dont usually respect too many people games in poker..Especially limit.

I'll certainly take you up on it, but I'm going to wuss out on the stakes. I'd much rather play something smaller, with friends, and just play for bragging rights.I don't go for the whole grudge match thing, to be honest. Egos in poker are soooooooooo bad for your bottom line.I make my money by playing the worst of the worst, and even though I hate to admit it, I'm sure serge doesn't fit into that category.Either way though, once I get settled into Ottawa, and if I have any money left, I will definitely try to come down and get something going. We should get a whole Toronto area FCP hockey forum thing set up.

I'll certainly take you up on it, but I'm going to wuss out on the stakes. I'd much rather play something smaller, with friends, and just play for bragging rights.I don't go for the whole grudge match thing, to be honest. Egos in poker are soooooooooo bad for your bottom line.I make my money by playing the worst of the worst, and even though I hate to admit it, I'm sure serge doesn't fit into that category.Either way though, once I get settled into Ottawa, and if I have any money left, I will definitely try to come down and get something going. We should get a whole Toronto area FCP hockey forum thing set up.
I am ok with that...When I said 20-40, its a little higher than my comfort level anyway..lol..But whatever stakes you like it would be fun...Also like you said, it could be the centrepiece of a cool FCP hockey forum get together.I totally agree with the ego thing..I still dont get why some very good pros want to play in the big game..You may be the 5th best poker player in the world , but why play agaisnt the top 4....
I make my money by playing the worst of the worst
LOL. I feel you. Last week in a 5/10NL game the first hand I saw was checked down by 2 players and on the river a player threw $20 into the $30 pot and the guy stared him down for like 5 minutes, literally and then showed the guy one card and went through this whole Jamie Gold routine. The kid to my right had literally $44 in front of him and was folding every hand just pounding drinks. I love these games and whole heartedly agree with your sentiment as it applies to my opportunities.
Can I get action on Zach for this?
I doubt it, unless Serge feels like risking even more money. I think much like the leafs, Serge is the only person in the world who thinks he'll have any shot here.Oh, and if this goes down anywhere within 2 hours of south-southwestern ontario, I will be there to witness it.
I doubt it, unless Serge feels like risking even more money. I think much like the leafs, Serge is the only person in the world who thinks he'll have any shot here.Oh, and if this goes down anywhere within 2 hours of south-southwestern ontario, I will be there to witness it.
why do you think this is??Have you seen me play?have you seen my records of how much money I made playing poker, especially limit?Just curious what you are basing this on??

your prop betting record? the level at which zach plays hu limit holdem? the fact that you're delusional at the best of times?[x] all of the above

your prop betting record? the level at which zach plays hu limit holdem? the fact that you're delusional at the best of times?[x] all of the above
What does my prop betting record have to do with the my success at poker?I am serious about my poker playing and I have been playing holdem before I bet 90% of the people here knew what holdem was. My records are well documented and I beat the 10-20 game that Daniel "grew up" in consistently for 2.3 big bets an hour..If you would like a detailed session by session breakdown I can provide it , if you meet me in person.Seriously dude you have no idea. Lets just leave it at that.Thanks
how many times have we been through this?have you NO sense of humour?
lol..not that time..I missed it..but its all good you are good people..lol

honestly not a lot..I do play online lower limit HULHE..Most of my experience comes from ring limit games.

honestly not a lot..I do play online lower limit HULHE..Most of my experience comes from ring limit games.
IMO, Serge will read right through the soul of the 11th best Limit hold'em player in the world.

Online stream one time?

Online stream one time?
I will definetely work on this...If any of you techies figure out an easy way..Webcam on Justin.tv???
I will definetely work on this...If any of you techies figure out an easy way..Webcam on Justin.tv???
LOL.... I can arrange it. The webstream that is....