• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:02 AM

This should be a riot.Good luck to everyone with the drawing. If I get a team, and you send me enough money, perhaps I'll pick one or two of you up! :club:(hey Dave, pm me reagrding Mike. I'll be in Vegas this weekend and I'm curious where he is playing at these days)

F Cancer

#22 dbrent2

dbrent2

FORE RIGHT!!!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • Interests:GOLF and CARDS
  • Favorite Poker Game:Whatever game I am playing at the moment

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:34 AM

Is there some way that "Charter Members" are guaranteed a spot on a team. With so many people wanting to play, I think it would be a shame not to have everybody who wants to participate involved. Of course, there would have to be some rules on no shows...The teams can be set-up like "the Corportation". The team captain decides who plays, and then money can be split by vote of the team...Just a thought
“Erick Lindgren and Erik Seidel have very different styles. As you can see Lindgren wears his cap backwards and it’s slightly faded. While Seidel wears a newer cap, facing forward” — Kenna James

#23 zimmer4141

zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

View Postdbrent2, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 6:34 AM, said:

Is there some way that "Charter Members" are guaranteed a spot on a team. With so many people wanting to play, I think it would be a shame not to have everybody who wants to participate involved. Of course, there would have to be some rules on no shows...The teams can be set-up like "the Corportation". The team captain decides who plays, and then money can be split by vote of the team...Just a thought
I think that's a good idea, but given that there are like 20,000 or something charter members, that would be very tough to do.
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#24 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts
  • Interests:Cigars, Flying, Golf, Bible
  • Favorite Poker Game:Golf

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:25 AM

The only fair way to do this is by height.6'5"....nextWhere's shiek's phone number, might need him if Kidpoker shows up in my quarterfinals.
I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent

Most bad government has come out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

#25 gilbertology

gilbertology

o0o

• Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:12 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 1:48 AM, said:

If you want to get into a recruiting war you are in big trouble Gilbert. How is this for an introductory offer:-Signing bonus-Three year escalating contract-Option year after FIRST year of contract-Performance bonuses. Now here is the doozy:-First dibs on all groupies I have to pass on since I'm a married man. BOO YA! Signed, sealed, delivered, lol.
I can equal everything in your contract except of course the groupies. But I can still call league office to complain about your "tampering". I think we need a new CBA because rich owners like yourself can afford to out-groupie us poor revenue franchises who have no groupies in sight. I call for a strike!The players would like a salary cap, and their $500 buy-in prorated over a 20 year period, with interest of course :club:
Fully loaded satellites
will conquer nothing but our minds

#26 custom36

custom36

FCP Veteran, Politico

• Members
  • 16,157 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Hold'em

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:26 AM

Moderators should be automatic owners.

#27 rog

rog

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

View PostBalloon guy, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 10:25 AM, said:

The only fair way to do this is by height.6'5"....next
EVERYONE is 6'5" on the internet. Except me. I'm 6'6".

View Postgilbertology, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:12 PM, said:

I can equal everything in your contract except of course the groupies. But I can still call league office to complain about your "tampering". I think we need a new CBA because rich owners like yourself can afford to out-groupie us poor revenue franchises who have no groupies in sight. I call for a strike!The players would like a salary cap, and their $500 buy-in prorated over a 20 year period, with interest of course :club:
I think the league should look into groupie re-distribution. I'm in a small market. The big-market franchises should have to ship some of their groupies my way to level the playing field. In fact, sending groupie chicks to me seems like the only way to secure the long-term economic viability of the league. PM me to arrange delivery.
Rog

"I got it, I got it. Last words: I dig music! . . . I'M ON DRUGS!"

#28 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 09:37 AM

View Postrog, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 9:31 AM, said:

EVERYONE is 6'5" on the internet. Except me. I'm 6'6".I think the league should look into groupie re-distribution. I'm in a small market. The big-market franchises should have to ship some of their groupies my way to level the playing field. In fact, sending groupie chicks to me seems like the only way to secure the long-term economic viability of the league. PM me to arrange delivery.
Always giving rog, you're a saint

#29 alf13

alf13

THREE Time...THREE Time...

• Members
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

View PostVatche, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 12:41 AM, said:

cant wait, hope i get drawn.edit...where the hell is Alf?
You rang?....Hey...I am in the same boat with everyone else...I HOPE I am lucky enough to be awarded a team.

#30 dbrent2

dbrent2

FORE RIGHT!!!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:00 PM

View Postalf13, on Monday, March 27th, 2006, 4:00 PM, said:

You rang?....Hey...I am in the same boat with everyone else...I HOPE I am lucky enough to be awarded a team.
I think you might get picked up, but just in case, you don't need to sign with an agent. that way, you won't lose your eligibility
“Erick Lindgren and Erik Seidel have very different styles. As you can see Lindgren wears his cap backwards and it’s slightly faded. While Seidel wears a newer cap, facing forward” — Kenna James

#31 dbrent2

dbrent2

FORE RIGHT!!!

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

Here is another idea:Each team consists of a total of 5 players. Each member plays HU against an opponent from the other team. Winner of the match is those who won the most games.The captain of each team ranks his teammates 1-5, and they play the corresponding member of their opponent for that week.Just a thought...

#32 dEv~

dEv~

In Shero We Trust...oops

• Members
  • 8,766 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:13 AM

Well I don't have a problem with any of the selection methods. Top Posters - I'm #99Charter Members - I'm one of the billionHeight - 6'4" for real.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#33 mw2222

mw2222

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:02 AM

I know you could go on and on with ideas but ...How about an additional prize for League MVP.Would be given to player with the best overall individual record.This might add complexity to record keeping, but would be pretty cool.

#34 HoosierAlum

HoosierAlum

Grindmode

• Members
  • 8,169 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Traveling, Baseball, Basketball

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

View Postmw2222, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 8:02 AM, said:

I know you could go on and on with ideas but ...How about an additional prize for League MVP.Would be given to player with the best overall individual record.This might add complexity to record keeping, but would be pretty cool.
This sounds like a great idea.

I might start updating this again.
http://jonathandepa.blogspot.com/

#35 acesfull333

acesfull333

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:25 PM

definitely a great concept and this will be a blast to participate in each week...I like all of the rules on setting up the tournies and posting the results, or getting a loss.... only way to keep this thing from becoming a logistical nightmare...I definitely want to be on a team... no preference on owning or not owning... looks like several teams are going to be STACKED anyway (pun intended!)... the cash rich owners will buy up all the quality free agent talent and the cash poor owners will be left with the flotsam and jetsam that remains... :)GLA!!!
CCM

"Life consists not of holding good cards,but in playing those you do hold well." - Josh Billings

"We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?" Erik Satie

#36 Oziumrules

Oziumrules

Golf Professional/Poker Amateur

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

I am available for the going rate of (10) dozen ProV1x's, preferably high numbers. A dozen Foot-Joy Sta Sof Cadet Large gloves and I will wear your team logo on my sleeve, hat and bag display is another rate.Thanks for the inquiries..Ozi

#37 nutzbuster

nutzbuster

Point taken....

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:09 PM

View PostOziumrules, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 5:23 PM, said:

I am available for the going rate of (10) dozen ProV1x's, preferably high numbers. A dozen Foot-Joy Sta Sof Cadet Large gloves and I will wear your team logo on my sleeve, hat and bag display is another rate.Thanks for the inquiries..Ozi
How about some yellow Top Flights? :club:

F Cancer

#38 zimmer4141

zimmer4141

GO BLUE

• Members
  • 15,007 posts
  • Interests:Hockey, Golf

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:29 PM

View Postnutzbuster, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 5:09 PM, said:

How about some yellow Top Flights? :club:
You might as well pick up the roundest stone you can find on the cart path and play with that.Ozi, Pro V1x's are the nuts.
Hail To the Victors Valiant
Hail To the Conquering Heroes
Hail Hail To Michigan
The Leaders and Best

#39 Oziumrules

Oziumrules

Golf Professional/Poker Amateur

• Members
  • 4,881 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

View Postzimmer4141, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 8:29 PM, said:

You might as well pick up the roundest stone you can find on the cart path and play with that.Ozi, Pro V1x's are the nuts.
Posted ImageMuch Nicer!Posted Image

#40 Balloon guy

Balloon guy

Deplorable Lives Matter

• Members
  • 24,409 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:34 PM

Give me the Noodle anyday