119 replies to this topic

#41 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:06 AM

View Postpezeveng, on Tuesday, February 15th, 2011, 6:20 PM, said:

Iam really looking forward to Davis batting lead-off thats a no brainer.He will easily set the Blue Jay record for most steals 60-70 in a season My order would be1. Davis2. Escobar3. Batista (it worked last year don't move him to cleanup)4. Lind5. Snider6. Hill (he could be the inning killer or really continue the rally)7. JP or Molina (if JP struggles more Molina8. Encarncion or McDonald (like it or not one of these 2 will be playing 3rd)9. Juan Rivera
I can't imagine McDonald playing 3rd regularly. Should be Encarnacion or Bautista, with the other playing 1B or DH, depending on how Lind does at 1B.I do like your lineup, but I would also guess Hill starts off hitting 2nd and Snider farther back in the order unless he tears up spring training. I would hit Escobar 9th in that scenario, but don't know what he'll do with Rivera, Encarnacion, Arencibia and Snider. Seems weird to have 4 power hitters, including 2 OF and a 1B/DH hitting that far down the order, but I don't see a lot of options.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#42 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 41,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:28 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 7:06 AM, said:

I can't imagine McDonald playing 3rd regularly. Should be Encarnacion or Bautista, with the other playing 1B or DH, depending on how Lind does at 1B.I do like your lineup, but I would also guess Hill starts off hitting 2nd and Snider farther back in the order unless he tears up spring training. I would hit Escobar 9th in that scenario, but don't know what he'll do with Rivera, Encarnacion, Arencibia and Snider. Seems weird to have 4 power hitters, including 2 OF and a 1B/DH hitting that far down the order, but I don't see a lot of options.
With Bautista's arm in RF, i hate putting him at 3rd...Love to see him in the outfield
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#43 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:38 AM

View Postserge, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM, said:

With Bautista's arm in RF, i hate putting him at 3rd...Love to see him in the outfield
I know he looks awesome out there, but every defense stat shows him below average, even with a boatload of assists.

#44 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:45 AM

Yeah, I really don't think they want Bautista in the infield. I think he will be even more prone to mistakes. It's too bad that they don't have a quality 3rd baseman and catcher though. They really could make some noise if they could address those two spots. Not having a quality catcher though I think will hurt them the most. Banking on Arencibia being good in the majors is a lot to ask of a young catcher

#45 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM, said:

Yeah, I really don't think they want Bautista in the infield. I think he will be even more prone to mistakes. It's too bad that they don't have a quality 3rd baseman and catcher though. They really could make some noise if they could address those two spots. Not having a quality catcher though I think will hurt them the most. Banking on Arencibia being good in the majors is a lot to ask of a young catcher
Not sure I agree. Third base is a question mark, but with Bautista and Encarnacion, those are two solid options. Even if Arencibia isn't great, Molina is fine. He won't hit much, but should be above-average defensively. Not much else you need from a catcher. I have big concerns about the outfield corners. Snider just hasn't shown much yet, and Rivera is really just a 4th outfielder. If you aren't getting offence from CF, you need some sluggers in the corners, and ours are looking awfully second-rate. For spots that don't require much defence, having them hit in the bottom-3 in the order sucks.

#46 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 10:58 AM, said:

Not sure I agree. Third base is a question mark, but with Bautista and Encarnacion, those are two solid options. Even if Arencibia isn't great, Molina is fine. He won't hit much, but should be above-average defensively. Not much else you need from a catcher. I have big concerns about the outfield corners. Snider just hasn't shown much yet, and Rivera is really just a 4th outfielder. If you aren't getting offence from CF, you need some sluggers in the corners, and ours are looking awfully second-rate. For spots that don't require much defence, having them hit in the bottom-3 in the order sucks.
I highly doubt that it will be Bautista though. I think Encarnacion could be decent and consistent, but it would be nice to know where you stand before the season starts rather than "he could be solid". There's also talk of Bautista at 3rd, Encarnacion at 1st and Lind outfield too. Too many option imo. I hope they find what they are going to do quickly.As for the catching, Arencibia could be great, but we also said the same thing about Travis Snider for going on 3 seasons now. Molina is a solid defensive catcher, but he's also an offensive liability. He doesn't bat for average, has no power, and he has zero speed. I don't think the catching position will necessarily lose them games, but it certainly won't win them many. It's just a spot that could be a huge hole in the batting order for them.

#47 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:55 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Wednesday, February 16th, 2011, 2:40 PM, said:

I highly doubt that it will be Bautista though. I think Encarnacion could be decent and consistent, but it would be nice to know where you stand before the season starts rather than "he could be solid". There's also talk of Bautista at 3rd, Encarnacion at 1st and Lind outfield too. Too many option imo. I hope they find what they are going to do quickly.As for the catching, Arencibia could be great, but we also said the same thing about Travis Snider for going on 3 seasons now. Molina is a solid defensive catcher, but he's also an offensive liability. He doesn't bat for average, has no power, and he has zero speed. I don't think the catching position will necessarily lose them games, but it certainly won't win them many. It's just a spot that could be a huge hole in the batting order for them.
I agree with your assessment at catcher. Arencibia could be a big asset offensively, but is just as likely to be a defensive liability. If it is Molina more than once a week, he is likely batting 9th anyway.The lineup seems to be built for tinkering, even though it isn't Cito anymore. Whatever combination of Snider, Rivera, Lind, Encarnacion and Bautista slot in at RF/LF/1B/3B/DH doesn't really matter, and will probably change almost daily.Gun to my head, I prefer Snider/Rivera in the outfield, Bautista at 3B, Encarnacion at DH and Lind at 1B. The ideal alignment is likely Encarnacion at 3B, Bautista at 1B and Lind at DH, but I think it is important to have Lind learn a position, and I prefer Encarnacion at DH because I like it to be as obvious as possible that is expendable.

#48 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:59 AM

Bautista 5 yr/$65 millionhttp://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=354159
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#49 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:17 AM

I'm not too sure I like that deal, but I guess it beats the alternative of him leaving at the end of the year. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Brady Anderson and vanish statistically after having a breakout year.

#50 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 32,657 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:19 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Thursday, February 17th, 2011, 9:17 AM, said:

I'm not too sure I like that deal, but I guess it beats the alternative of him leaving at the end of the year. Hopefully he doesn't pull a Brady Anderson and vanish statistically after having a breakout year.
We'll just trade him to Texas if that happens.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#51 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

The deal definitely seems high, as everyone has said. Could just be Bautista threatening to walk after the season without a big deal. I hope when the contract is finalized it comes in a little lower, or with some flexibility for the Jays.Still, he didn't just have a big few weeks last year. It was one giant whole year, playing in the same stadium, and with a bigger second half. Other than the utter ridiculousness of it, there are few reasons to doubt he can continue to be very productive. Not 50-homers perhaps, but enough to earn that salary.

#52 pezeveng

pezeveng

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:25 PM

Its going to be weird not having Marcum in the rotation, I hope this Drebek kid comes through watching him pitch that first game against Baltimore he has sick movement on his pitches.I hope McGowan is able to pitch this year the guy has been on the mend for three years now. Its amazing how these baseball players have such a small window of oppurtunty when they get called up at 25 or 26 you need to prove yourself for 3-4 years than next thing you know your 30 and on the downswing of your career.McGowan is 29 already so its pretty much this year or next if not his career is done.

#53 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hooray!http://www.sportsnet...dule_sportsnet/In brief - all 162 games are on Sportsnet. For whatever reason, every Wednesday game is only on Sportsnet One. For the most part, everything else is on the other 4 channels, with the West missing an occasional game. There's a couple weeks where every game is only on Sportsnet One; I guess there must be something going on those weeks.Since I only get Sportsnet East, I am ecstatic I'll be getting 100+ games this year.They are televising a Spring game on Sunday at 1pm, on all 4 channels. Woot!

#54 FCP Bob

FCP Bob

Limit Holdem Dinosaur

• Root Admin
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:02 PM

View Postmrdannyg, on Friday, March 4th, 2011, 8:56 PM, said:

Since I only get Sportsnet East, I am ecstatic I'll be getting 100+ games this year.
You don't get Sportsnet Ocho ?
Bob

info@fullcontactpoker.com

#55 serge

serge

• Members
  • 41,017 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:03 PM

Things are coming together great..Great outing by Litsch today..If he has a good year, it will be huge for this team...
I am a huge Leafs fan, I am not going to apologize for my love of the greatest team on earth.
GO LEAFS GO

#56 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

View PostFCP Bob, on Friday, March 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM, said:

You don't get Sportsnet Ocho ?
No. Does anyone get that? I couldn't figure it out. Anyhoo, I don't even have cable TV, just whatever comes through with my cable internet - thankfully that includes TSN and Sportsnet East.

#57 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:57 PM

Jays Jays Jays

#58 Underdog

Underdog

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:hold em

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

i think lind hit that 800 feet

#59 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Pretty impressive first game. It sure will be nice if they can get guys on base, seeing as we know they can belt the ball better than than most. I don't know if there was ever a team that hit more solo HR's than the Jays last year.

#60 serge

serge

• Members
  • 41,017 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

The pitching has been impressive..A one hitter today, great MLB debut for Drabek..He is gonna be a good one.
GO LEAFS GO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users