219 replies to this topic

#1 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:H.O.R.S.E., Triple Stud, Razz

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:28 AM

I watched the David Haye vs Valuev fight last night. It was better than I was expecting. Really surprised that he got the decision in Germany though as they are notorious for giving close verdicts to the home fighter. Then again with Don King in attendance, any result is possible!
The Queens we use would not excite you.

#2 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:15 PM

Great, we get to hear him run his mouth on how he is 'Heavyweight Champion of the World." Beat the Klitschkos, then you can talk.Five days until Pacquiao/Cotto. :club:

#3 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

i watched it and thought Haye did enough to win but i was surprised he got the decision. That said i think its the best thing that could have happened to that division as watching Valyuev plod through fights was excruiciatingly dull. At least now we should see some relatively decent bouts even if the weightclass is still pretty weak. Haye is running his mouth but i am not convinced he believes he is that great, he's just trying to get himself some bargaining power with the US promoters.
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#4 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

Pacquiao FTW!!

#5 ol'number7

ol'number7

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:58 PM

anybody got any angles on the Cotto/Paq fight? I love betting mma & don't follow boxing as much anymore, thinking about betting Cotto at 2.4-1 -- opinions?I know he's naturally a bigger fighter, but that hasn't seemed to slow down Paq yet
"So you're Sicilian, huh?"

#6 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

No shame in betting on Cotto. People and media are overlooking him, but he's a much bigger man that Pacquiao. Cotto has always fought between 140-147 in last few years, Pacquiao's only fought above 140 once.I'm a huge Pacquiao fan, and I don't know if he can pull off this one. But I can't go against him, Pacquiao by close decision.

#7 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

weigh-in: 144 pacquiao 145 cotto

#8 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

Rumors were going around that Cotto would be over. Thankfully, he didn't pull a Mayweather.CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

#9 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:26 PM

both fighters seem in top shape

#10 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:35 PM

paacman!!! pacquiao!!

#11 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

I am amazed more and more by Manny Pacquiao. I think in his last four fights, he's lost at most two rounds, and they were tonight. And he still annihilated Cotto.Money well spent. Floyd, stop running and give boxing fans around the world the biggest fight publicity wise in recent memory. I loved the "WE WANT FLOYD" chants from the crowd before Larry interviewed Manny and Freddie Roach.

#12 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 02:09 AM

I think the ref made a good decision to stop it even though Cotto could have lasted to the end of the round. It was clear he wasn't going to win and it saved him getting a further bashing.

#13 rinswun

rinswun

Glencross FTW!!

• Members
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:56 AM

Pacman is unreal, Cotto looked super pumped at the beginning of the fight last night but Manny just dismantled him. That said, if Cotto stuck to his game plan and stopped getting heated it might have been a closer fight. Manny just picked him off every time he started brawling.I would LOVE to see the Mayweather/Pacman matchup, i have a sneaking feeling Floyd is gonna keep putting off and then retire again - he's scared of losing that perfect record and on current form Pacquiao would have a decent chance of handing him that first loss.
QUOTE (Untilted @ Monday, February 15th, 2010, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Ollie is perhaps the most likable guy in the history of the world but the man love for him is bordering on the ridiculous. :)

Weight loss bet:

Start weight (10/01/2011) - 199.0lbs
Current weight (31/01/2011) - 194.2lbs

#14 Ottawa_Biatch

Ottawa_Biatch

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

View Postrinswun, on Sunday, November 15th, 2009, 6:56 AM, said:

Pacman is unreal, Cotto looked super pumped at the beginning of the fight last night but Manny just dismantled him. That said, if Cotto stuck to his game plan and stopped getting heated it might have been a closer fight. Manny just picked him off every time he started brawling.I would LOVE to see the Mayweather/Pacman matchup, i have a sneaking feeling Floyd is gonna keep putting off and then retire again - he's scared of losing that perfect record and on current form Pacquiao would have a decent chance of handing him that first loss.
PACMAN is a beast. I f*cking love him. I have a feeling too Mayweather is gunna be a little b*tch and chicken out of the fight too. I would love to see the fight too, but I just have this feeling Mayweather is going to be a little bitch and make an excuse about the money or something.
--------------------------------------

Follow me on twitter

http://twitter.com/Ottawa_Biatch

#15 Banner17

Banner17

Poker Forum Regular

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Limit Holdem

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:22 AM

Yea Pacquaio really nutted up last night. Showed a lot of toughness and heart to just stand there and pick apart Cotto. I thought Cotto may have a shot to beat him too if he worked his body and broke him down. Haha, Pacman just didn't let him. Oh well, I've lost worse bets than that at +250.I'm wicked excited for a Pacquaio vs Mayweather fight. Those two will probably take it over $100 million between the two of them for that fight. Sick!!

#16 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

1.25 million buys for Pacquiao/Cotto. Not surprising that it sold more than Mayweather/Marquez, but for both to be over a million is incredible.When it happens, Pacquiao/Mayweather will do around 3 million, IMO.

#17 grocery_mony

grocery_mony

^Douchebag^

• Members
  • 9,082 posts
  • Interests:poker,money

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:47 PM

View Postbmtphs05, on Friday, November 20th, 2009, 4:31 PM, said:

1.25 million buys for Pacquiao/Cotto. Not surprising that it sold more than Mayweather/Marquez, but for both to be over a million is incredible.When it happens, Pacquiao/Mayweather will do around 3 million, IMO.
The question is where does boxing go after Mayweather/Pacquiao? Both were established stars before the MMA boom and are really the only 2 bankable names left. 3 million is probally real close but barring a rematch I dont see boxing breaking 7 figures again in buys for a long time.

#18 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:10 PM

Best case scenario is Mosley beating Berto in January, and fighting the winner of Pac/Floyd, if you want a million plus PPV event.Other than that, I don't know at this point.

#19 bmtphs05

bmtphs05

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 09:27 PM

USA doesn't get shut out in first stage of Super Six. Yay......Headbutts and wild punches at times aside, Ward did very well, pretty much controlling Kessler with that jab for majority of fight.

#20 mrpaddyx

mrpaddyx

Only here for the Cider

• Members
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 01:55 AM

View Postbmtphs05, on Sunday, November 22nd, 2009, 5:27 AM, said:

USA doesn't get shut out in first stage of Super Six. Yay......Headbutts and wild punches at times aside, Ward did very well, pretty much controlling Kessler with that jab for majority of fight.
Looks like Carl Froch might actually have a chance at winning this now!

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users