Played Badly Or Just A Cooler?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comHero (UTG+1) (t17050)MP1 (t3030)MP2 (t7360)MP3 (t10255)CO (t13240)Button (t18635)SB (t14189)BB (t7735)UTG (t5310)Hero's M: 54.13Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 10heart.gif, 7heart.gif1 fold, Hero bets t240, 4 folds, Button calls t240, 1 fold, BB calls t120Flop: (t915) 5heart.gif, 4heart.gif, 5diamond.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero bets t360, Button raises to t960, BB calls t960, Hero calls t600Turn: (t3795) 10club.gif(3 players)BB checks, Hero checks, Button checksRiver: (t3795) 10spade.gif(3 players)BB bets t6520 (All-In), Hero raises to t14880, 1 foldTotal pot: t16835Results:BB had 5club.gif, 5spade.gif (four of a kind, fives).Hero had 10heart.gif, 7heart.gif (full house, tens over fives).Outcome: BB won t16835

That early in position, yeah you definitely want to fold it preflop. On the flop, once he reraises you, just dump it. I like your check on the turn though, that's a good time to check with a board like that. The river, nothing else you can do.Very well played by the villain in this hand, though.

That early in position, yeah you definitely want to fold it preflop. On the flop, once he reraises you, just dump it. I like your check on the turn though, that's a good time to check with a board like that. The river, nothing else you can do.Very well played by the villain in this hand, though.

I'd say the breakdown is about 80% played badly, 20% cooler. You just can't get this deeply involved with such marginal hands. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it a cooler since you got lucky to hit what you did on the river.

Fold preflop. There is no reason to get involved here with a T7h.
I agree - raising utg with this is going to put you in a horrible situation for the rest of the hand.... Maybe from the hijack or button - but probably not even there unless there was some table dynamic going on that you could argue for. Most of the time this is just throwing money away.