Any Interest In A Sh Strat/learning Game ?

I played full ring limit for 2 years. I made the change to SH to get more rakeback in my play at Absolute. At that site, I had modest, but steady gains. With the recent "rigged" scandal at Absolute, I switched over to Full Tilt then Pokerstars. Now, I am forced to admit that I just suck.I would like to join other players who need some help with their game to work together to improve all of our skills. I propose playing together for an hour every week and discussing the cards right after the hand or posting all hands to really pick apart each others play.I need to be embarrassed into playing better. I know that I should post hands. My "excuse" is that I have difficulties posting hand histories because of trouble typing/using my arms. The truth is, I often "can't" post because I know that it was a stupid call preflop and whimpy to call down with second pair.They say that admitting that you have a problem is the first step. Anyone interested in taking the second step with me ?

I'm in but only have money on *sigh* Bodog. Nope, that won't work.Play money on UB?

Y'all could hire me as a coach.(semi sw)
When I get up to 2/4 I will be seriously considering you or mikeysong...I have the br for 1/2 right now so I could probably get there within a few months...what rates u lookin to charge?

Eh, haven't put much thought into it yet.I was gonna make a post at StoxPoker about it, but I figured I'd wait until I got a bit more HU under my belt, so I could show a meaningful sample size.Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm negotiable. :club:

Y'all could hire me as a coach.(semi sw)
That was my original idea, but I'm not sure my pitiful supply of mobnies would be enough to get you away from your regular game. How would you work it ?For a strat game (no lagtards allowed.....if you want my money come and get it off a regular table ......where, trust me, I'm just giving it away recently) I have money on PS and Absolute. I have minute amounts on Bodog and FT.

Biff, sorry but UB just plain sucks. Do you have over $50 so you could transfer to Absolute ?Zach......we could trade some PS for Absolute $ if you want. I'm game for Absolute, but should it be PS so Bob doesn't have a stroke ? DN loyalty...blah, blah, blah. Couldn't we do a private table if it was at PS ?Dave.....in the spirit of FCP stakes, I can float you $10 or $20 to get you started on PS (and FCP will give you a free $10 for 50 VPP's)Matt.....I understand that could be useful. There are certainly times when I question if I played a hand right/got max value. Usually though, when I think about posting a hand here, I'll hear this little FCP voice (okay, it's Zach and Actuary) saying..."you should've folded preflop" or "you raised to find out where you were, and they told you by raising back, time to fold" but I don't fold. Pokertracker says SLAP, but let's be honest, I'm a calling station. I kind of need a communal "WTF were you thinking" to embarass me into change. Currently, I don't HAVE to post my hands, but if a group of us are working together, the hand histories are going up and I'll have to shape up. That's my plan, anyhow :club: Things to consider/decide....where ?when ? My initial thought was an hour once a week, but if there is a lot of interest maybe every night at a certain hour ?what stakes ? I was hoping low.......10/.20 to .50/1

I actually like the idea here, finz.The reason the old strat games turned into degen lagfests is just cuz you'd get guys like Jeet with too much money playing .5/1 on Party back in the day (bahahah remember when .5/1 was the lowest limit on Party?)Anyways, I don't see any reason to do this at any stakes higher than .02/.04. There'll be no rake, and I'm certainly not looking to win/lose money in these sessions. I'll have no prob getting money to Stars, btw.We could easily get a 6-max table to ourselves. We'd just need 6 people committed, and we'd each just pledge to play our normal game/play our best, without just turning into lagtards.

That was my original idea, but I'm not sure my pitiful supply of mobnies would be enough to get you away from your regular game. How would you work it ?
Eh, I'm really not sure. I recently just considered actually offering myself as a coach somewhere, but never really followed through with the idea. I'm open to suggestions, but I'd definitely have to spend some time figuring out wtf to do as a coach before I take anyone's money, lol.

I'd love to be involved in this in some way as i'm basicaly in the same situation as the OP.However, i'm completely busto on every site right now so i can't actively play.Good idea OP.

I have $ on AP if you guys decide to play there.Zach.....I have an idea for a way you could coach. We could play a 1/2-1 hr session and Email you the HH. You could reviewthem at your lesiure. When you find leaks...you could make notes and give an evaluation. I know I could use someone elseto look at my game. I keep reading different strategy articals and don't know if I am incorporating them properly in my game.Would a 1/2 hr HH be too big a file to Email?

Naw, you could just send it as an attachment in a text file.That would certainly be an aspect of the coaching. Sweating the player, and/or the player sweating me playing are other options.Even making videos is a good way to do it.

When you say "sweating a player"......do you mean railing them while communicating on AIM or something? That could bepretty boring if they were card dead. Also schedualing would be tough if someone lived on the west coast. That being said...I would love to rail a game YOUR playing.If you come up with a price for your fees......let me know. My roll took a hit from a bad run of $6+1 SNGs and I am playing.10/.20 to rebuild. But wouldn't have to think twice about investing in my game.

When you say "sweating a player"......do you mean railing them while communicating on AIM or something? That could bepretty boring if they were card dead. Also schedualing would be tough if someone lived on the west coast. That being said...I would love to rail a game YOUR playing.If you come up with a price for your fees......let me know. My roll took a hit from a bad run of $6+1 SNGs and I am playing.10/.20 to rebuild. But wouldn't have to think twice about investing in my game.
Well, you could play more than one table, if you're a multitabler. Even then, one tabling 6-max, you'll see more than enough marginal decisions in an hour to make it worth it, imo.I think, if I were to offer it, it'd be something like a mix of all 3. I could review a session, I could sweat for an hour, trading hole cards over AIM, and I could let them rail my, with me telling them my hole cards.I'm not really sure what I'd be charging for this service. I have an idea, but it's tough to come up with something that someone grinding micro limits would want to pay. I think that's a big problem with the coaching market. All the big coaches want to charge something similar to their hourly rate when they play, which makes sense because they'd be better off playing with that time, otherwise. Most of these guys make a huge hourly, and I can't really imagine how much a micro player would be willing to give up for the coaching. So, what I'm saying, is that I'd be open to suggestions/bargaining, etc.With respect to the west coast/east coast thing, it's probably not an issue for me. I really don't leave the house that much anyways, lol, and I'm online at weird times, lol. I'm certainly easily accessible online.I'd be interested in hearing if there actually is any interest in me setting something like this up, and what people think would be a fair rate, etc, and I can go from there.(Sorry for derailing the strat table thread, I do think that's a good idea as well.)
I actually like the idea here, finz.The reason the old strat games turned into degen lagfests is just cuz you'd get guys like Jeet with too much money playing .5/1 on Party back in the day (bahahah remember when .5/1 was the lowest limit on Party?)Anyways, I don't see any reason to do this at any stakes higher than .02/.04. There'll be no rake, and I'm certainly not looking to win/lose money in these sessions. I'll have no prob getting money to Stars, btw.We could easily get a 6-max table to ourselves. We'd just need 6 people committed, and we'd each just pledge to play our normal game/play our best, without just turning into lagtards.
I played in a couple of those back in the PP days. The avg pot was like $18!!!! I'd be down for 6-max at AP or Stars. SHLHE is my worst game (besides stud hi) and if everyone took it serious i'd be interested.