Al Franken took a major step towards becoming a senator (lol) as the Minnesota Supreme Court just ruled against Norm Coleman.Coleman could still drag this out through Federal Court.....but I think this might be the end of the line.

Al Franken took a major step towards becoming a senator (lol) as the Minnesota Supreme Court just ruled against Norm Coleman.Coleman could still drag this out through Federal Court.....but I think this might be the end of the line.
Pawlenty has said he'll sign. It's all over.This is so embarrassing. Now I know what it feels like to live in Pelosi's or Boxer's or Ted Kennedy's voting region.
Pawlenty has said he'll sign. It's all over.This is so embarrassing. Now I know what it feels like to live in Pelosi's or Boxer's or Ted Kennedy's voting region.
Didn't Minnesota elect a former wrestler as their governor? Isn't this just par for the course for Minny? :club:
Didn't Minnesota elect a former wrestler as their governor? Isn't this just par for the course for Minny? :club:
Yeah, although Jesse wasn't terrible. He wasn't great -- he left us with a useless light rail system whose main goal seems to be sucking tax dollars and holding up traffic -- but at least he wasn't Al Franken. How much lower can we sink?
Yeah, although Jesse wasn't terrible. He wasn't great -- he left us with a useless light rail system whose main goal seems to be sucking tax dollars and holding up traffic -- but at least he wasn't Al Franken. How much lower can we sink?
Paul Wellstone, in terms of actual policy, was probably the leftist senator in our lifetime, so Minnesota should be used to this kind of thing by now.
Paul Wellstone, in terms of actual policy, was probably the leftist senator in our lifetime, so Minnesota should be used to this kind of thing by now.
Yeah, the difference is that Wellstone had integrity and honesty on his side, whereas Franken just likes to hear himself talk.And yes, I disagreed with most of Wellstone's positions, but I respected him as someone who really wanted to do the right thing.

Coleman conceded. Democrats now have 60 seats (though Byrd and Kennedy are ill and not really in office right now). Should be interesting.

Yeah, the difference is that Wellstone had integrity and honesty on his side, whereas Franken just likes to hear himself talk.And yes, I disagreed with most of Wellstone's positions, but I respected him as someone who really wanted to do the right thing.
Oh, I agree that Wellstone was a man of integrity, I always loved him because of it. And I think Your selling Franken short. I do think he's passionate about liberal politics, I don't think he's just talking to hear himself. I just question how competent he's going to be, as being Senator is well outside of his background. .
Oh, I agree that Wellstone was a man of integrity, I always loved him because of it. And I think Your selling Franken short. I do think he's passionate about liberal politics, I don't think he's just talking to hear himself. I just question how competent he's going to be, as being Senator is well outside of his background. .
Lol have to laugh. We bitch because congresspeople are career politicians but then when someone who's never been a politician becomes one, we bitch because we think they don't have enough experience to be qualified. Basically we're never happy.
Lol have to laugh. We bitch because congresspeople are career politicians but then when someone who's never been a politician becomes one, we bitch because we think they don't have enough experience to be qualified. Basically we're never happy.
First off, I don't bitch about people being career politican's. I'd rather see people in positions of power who are experienced with that world. But second, I pretty much object with ever entertainer, be it football player/coach, movie star, wrestler or comedian who comes into office, because I think they are Woefully inexperienced for the position, particularly national ones. (Reagan is an exception here, as he was an experienced politcal animal by the time he came onto the national stage.)
That's not exactly true -- Wellstone was totally inexperienced. He was an idealistic college professor who got fed up and ran for office. Peter Schiff is thinking of running, I'd support him. It's just that Franken is an idiot. I don't mind that he's never been in office before, I mind that everything out of his mouth is retarded.
That's not exactly true -- Wellstone was totally inexperienced. He was an idealistic college professor who got fed up and ran for office.
Didn't know that, but doesn't surprise me. Explains his uncompromising voting record, if nothing else. I'm not sure how effective of an Legislator Wellstone was, but I liked him.
Damnit. :club:
I have to totally disagree with you about Franken. He is a tyrant that thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a bad person. I will give him a chance to prove me wrong, but he is guy who believes the ends justify the means and that is just what we don't need more of in Washington.
I have to totally disagree with you about Franken. He is a tyrant that thinks anyone who disagrees with him is a bad person. I will give him a chance to prove me wrong, but he is guy who believes the ends justify the means and that is just what we don't need more of in Washington.
seems like this post was penned with a certain bill o'reilly segment in mind.
Al Frnaken is a clown...
See, that's a much fairer and understandable criticism of Al Franken than saying he's a totalitarian. He is very literally a clown, and I find it bizarre that we've elected a comedian ( even one I like) to such an office.
See, that's a much fairer and understandable criticism of Al Franken than saying he's a totalitarian. He is very literally a clown, and I find it bizarre that we've elected a comedian ( even one I like) to such an office.
Can you imagine when Carrot Top takes Harry Reid's seat?I for one think that will be an improvement
Can you imagine when Carrot Top takes Harry Reid's seat?I for one think that will be an improvement
I used to see him at my gym. I also saw Lou Ferigno there a few times. Carrot Top was scarier.
By strict definition you are correct. Franken doesn't have the power to be a true tyrant, but he is certainly one in spirit. To simply call him a clown is to dismiss the hateful, mean spirited rhetoric he has used to describe those that disagree with him as a trivial thing. I know that there are already many similar to him on both sides of the isle already in Washington D.C. but he represents the worst of the worst and is not the kind of person needed there now. If past behavior is a reliable prediction of future behavior then the election of Franken is a bad thing for MN and the country.