Richest Players- Past Topic

I know this has been beaten to death, but 2plus2 has a thread going on about this. I seem to remember DN once commenting on high profile players such as Hellmuth, himself, Ivey, Dwan, etc. I think he said something like that Hellmuth isn't worth nearly as much as what people think and he did a ranking of what he suspected for like 5 or so players including Dwan, himself and Hellmuth. I was trying to search for it and couldn't find it. Does anyone else remember that thread? I was going to link it on 2plus2 b/c I thought it was pretty insightful since it was actually from DN. This is the only thing I could find, but, it's not the one I was thinking of. Thanks. http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...36056&st=202plus2 thread:http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-...ml#post31984818

Good blog from Phil Galfond yesterday.http://www.philgalfond.com/lindgren-loans-...-little-advice/

There are a few handfuls of people in poker who’ve shared with me their financial status at some time or another, and others who I’ve heard about their financials second hand. Every single one of them had less money than the public thinks. I’ve never known someone to have significantly more than their perceived bankroll. Keep that in mind.
Thx for the helpful replies you two, things are stayin busy around here... huh?
SORRY BROJ, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INTEREST TO SIT AROUND GOSSIPING ABOUT PLAYERS NET WORTH. I DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUFF WHEN POKER "CELEBRITY" WAS AT IT'S PEAK, MUCH LESS NOW. IF YOU WANT BETTER INPUT THAN THIS, I SUGGEST YOU INVENT A TIME MACHINE, I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL GIVE A **** IN 2007
SORRY BROJ, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INTEREST TO SIT AROUND GOSSIPING ABOUT PLAYERS NET WORTH. I DIDN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS STUFF WHEN POKER "CELEBRITY" WAS AT IT'S PEAK, MUCH LESS NOW. IF YOU WANT BETTER INPUT THAN THIS, I SUGGEST YOU INVENT A TIME MACHINE, I'M SURE SOMEONE WILL GIVE A **** IN 2007
Good thing you took the time to make this reply then... Broj
I know this has been beaten to death
Yup. Great way to start a thread.I think it is fairly obvious that the richest "famous" players are the ones that were playing high stake cash games when the poker boom started, and are still playing high stakes cash games now on a regular basis. Ivey, Gus, Doyle, etc.

I remember the comment that you are referring toDaniel took five players including himself and discussed their net worthHe put Ivey way at the top - himself second and put Hellmuth at the bottomI don't remember who the other two werethe main point was that Hellmuth doesn't make nearly the amount of endorsement money that he implies and that he's not a regular in the biggest games in vegasbut also take into account Daniel loves yanking Phil Hellmuth's chain too

Does anyone think Jennifer Tilly is actually good? I've heard she is, but it's hard to say imo
I was at the 2007 WSOP and asked phil laak about her famous hand where she flopped a full house and barely bet it and he said that she was nervous and had a brain fart on tvI also asked him about the book that implies that her ladies event win was rigged and he said that was nonsenseI saw her make a pretty tough call in an event where she was among the chip leaders and a guy raised her all in who had her covered and she called with a straight but not the nut straight and the other guy was semi bluffing the turn with a flush draw and laak said "they're always underestimating her"is Marco Traniello good? She's really into Poker and she's been talking it with laak for years now I bet she is pretty solid - having a lot of Sam Simon's money I'm sure doesn't hurtLaak also told me that he makes his money playing cash and only played tourney's for fun and for the publicity
I was at the 2007 WSOP and asked phil laak about her famous hand where she flopped a full house and barely bet it and he said that she was nervous and had a brain fart on tvI also asked him about the book that implies that her ladies event win was rigged and he said that was nonsenseI saw her make a pretty tough call in an event where she was among the chip leaders and a guy raised her all in who had her covered and she called with a straight but not the nut straight and the other guy was semi bluffing the turn with a flush draw and laak said "they're always underestimating her"is Marco Traniello good? She's really into Poker and she's been talking it with laak for years now I bet she is pretty solid - having a lot of Sam Simon's money I'm sure doesn't hurtLaak also told me that he makes his money playing cash and only played tourney's for fun and for the publicity
shouldn't you be saving that gold for the blog, you fat fuck?
Sorry Keith, I didn't mean it. I'm just upset about NU missing the tournament again.
lol - its already in my blog somewhereI was at NU in 1988 and I'd play basketball with Rex Walters occasionally he would walk around saying "I'm leading the big ten in scoring and nobody here cares" and I'd be like dude do you know what school you're going toHe then transferred to Kansas and played in the prosNU may never make the NCAA's but the first championship was held at Patton Gym
lol - its already in my blog somewhereI was at NU in 1988 and I'd play basketball with Rex Walters occasionally he would walk around saying "I'm leading the big ten in scoring and nobody here cares" and I'd be like dude do you know what school you're going toHe then transferred to Kansas and played in the prosNU may never make the NCAA's but the first championship was held at Patton Gym
I was at NU during the Evan Eschmeyer era, who would get like triple teamed in big ten play, it was hilarious. He was by far the best player at NU during my tenure. He went onto greatness for the Dallas Mavericks, playing the role of tall white stiff on their deep bench. I was also at NU when Ricky Byrdsong got shot by a white supremacist in Skokie. He wasn't shot for being Ricky Byrdsong, he was just shot for being black and in the wrong place at the wrong time, jogging down teh street, and this guy on a killing spree shot him. Sad story. It's pathetic that NU can't do at least a little better in recruiting being that they are basically in chicago. There's no reason they couldn't have a Marquette level of success. They have a 3 star recruit from the Twin Cities I'm excited about.. a 6'5 shooting guard named....Sanjay......Lumpkin.That's right. Sanjay Lumpkin. This half jew-half south asian is NU's hope for the future, you heard it here first.
I was at NU during the Evan Eschmeyer era, who would get like triple teamed in big ten play, it was hilarious. He was by far the best player at NU during my tenure. He went onto greatness for the Dallas Mavericks, playing the role of tall white stiff on their deep bench. I was also at NU when Ricky Byrdsong got shot by a white supremacist in Skokie. He wasn't shot for being Ricky Byrdsong, he was just shot for being black and in the wrong place at the wrong time, jogging down teh street, and this guy on a killing spree shot him. Sad story. It's pathetic that NU can't do at least a little better in recruiting being that they are basically in chicago. There's no reason they couldn't have a Marquette level of success. They have a 3 star recruit from the Twin Cities I'm excited about.. a 6'5 shooting guard named....Sanjay......Lumpkin.That's right. Sanjay Lumpkin. This half jew-half south asian is NU's hope for the future, you heard it here first.
it did show me how good really good basketball players areI would play with these guys from the NU team and they seemed like they were gods and then I'd go to the games and they sucked compared to the other team's talent - imagine how good nba players areI remember the coach getting shot - skokie was the weirdest part of it - never would have thought it possiblea black NU friend of mine was jogging in wilmette and got stopped by the police
Yup. Great way to start a thread.I think it is fairly obvious that the richest "famous" players are the ones that were playing high stake cash games when the poker boom started, and are still playing high stakes cash games now on a regular basis. Ivey, Gus, Doyle, etc.
The thread isn't actually about richest players or whatever, as Keith said, it's actually about finding a post that DN made (maybe the thread title could be listed better.) A huge thread is going on at 2plus2 about players finances w/o much input from actual pro's. DN actually commented on this, and I think his comments would add value to the conversation. That is all.
I remember the comment that you are referring toDaniel took five players including himself and discussed their net worthHe put Ivey way at the top - himself second and put Hellmuth at the bottomI don't remember who the other two werethe main point was that Hellmuth doesn't make nearly the amount of endorsement money that he implies and that he's not a regular in the biggest games in vegasbut also take into account Daniel loves yanking Phil Hellmuth's chain too
Thank you for adding something of relevance to this. You're exactly right on the post. I just couldn't find it ANYWHERE when I searched. I thought the funny thing was that he did put Hellmuth way at the bottom. Most people (including 2plus2) would not have guessed this.