From WWE.com

Angle releasedAug. 25, 2006Due to personal issues, Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.The only Olympic gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship and WWE Tag Team Championship; he also won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle’s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it looks like this was a long time coming. Kurt's busted himself up pretty good, not to mention his wife left him. I've even heard rumors that he's been so depressed a road agent had to room with him to make sure he wouldn't kill himself.

Sadly, it looks like this was a long time coming. Kurt's busted himself up pretty good, not to mention his wife left him. I've even heard rumors that he's been so depressed a road agent had to room with him to make sure he wouldn't kill himself.
Not to be a smart a ss, but traveling with the WWE for years can make a person suicidal. Its like traveling everywhere with a bunch of circus freaks. Even though I don't watch wrestling much anymore, I liked the guy. He was great in the ring, and was charismatic which nowadays most are not. I always thought the whole "you suck" thing was stupid. It was funny for a while, but then started to get old but fans kept on chanting it. Maybe he should have gotten a new ring song or something to get away from that.

He didn't get fired first of all.I was very surprised because he is one of the best, tuffest, and most experienced in the business. Even when he wasn't a crowd favorite he always brought his A game. He just brought it too much. In his last match he suffered like three serious injuries and still was able to finish off hte match. We will miss you Kurt.

He didn't get fired first of all.I was very surprised because he is one of the best, tuffest, and most experienced in the business. Even when he wasn't a crowd favorite he always brought his A game. He just brought it too much. In his last match he suffered like three serious injuries and still was able to finish off hte match. We will miss you Kurt.
You know wrestling's rigged; right?

Yes, we all know that wrestling is scripted. That does not make it not real. Its better than almost any show on tv becasue it is on every week, and even though it is scripted, it is live.

You know wrestling's rigged; right?
I loved when people gave me **** like thatthem-"why do you watch wrestling, its just scripted and fake"me-"name a TV show you like to watch"them-"I dunno the simpsons is pretty good"me-"why do you watch it, its scripted and fake"
I loved when people gave me **** like thatthem-"why do you watch wrestling, its just scripted and fake"me-"name a TV show you like to watch"them-"I dunno the simpsons is pretty good"me-"why do you watch it, its scripted and fake"
I completely agree. People say that wrestling is scripted. So what? Name one other show that isn't. And at least wresting is live and on every week unlike other scripted shows that are on for just one season including reruns.

Speaking of wrestiling...I thought it was useless to start a new thread about this but i was just watching ECW and Matt Striker was on tv. He was saying how he is not stupid and he would never do anything like swimming with sting rays. this was just a day after Steve died and I thought it was very uncool to make fun of his death.

I completely agree. People say that wrestling is scripted. So what? Name one other show that isn't. And at least wresting is live and on every week unlike other scripted shows that are on for just one season including reruns.
except for smackdown. that's taped on tuesdays or wednesday (i forget which one).also, TNA impact tapes four shows in one night (friend of mine went to a taping in february, so i know this for a fact).

I've got to say. There are some really amazing movies out there. Star Wars, Lord of the Rings...but i think the two most underrated movies that never seem to get old are Ready to Rumble and the Replacements. I can watch those at any time and not be bored.In ready to rumber, the funniest quote in cinematic history, when he is talking about if you lose you left nut, is the right one your left nut becuase it is the only one left. hilarious

except for smackdown. that's taped on tuesdays or wednesday (i forget which one).also, TNA impact tapes four shows in one night (friend of mine went to a taping in february, so i know this for a fact).
Raw isn't live either. I went to one when I was in Junior High. It was still on Monday but the actual show started at 4 or 5, and it airs on TV at 9.
Raw isn't live either. I went to one when I was in Junior High. It was still on Monday but the actual show started at 4 or 5, and it airs on TV at 9.
How long ago was this?? I'm pretty sure Raw is live now....they used to tape it, but I'm pretty sure it's live now. Guess I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
How long ago was this?? I'm pretty sure Raw is live now....they used to tape it, but I'm pretty sure it's live now. Guess I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
Raw is live now.The big pull to try to get people to watch WCW Nitro back in the day was that it was live in contrast to Raw, which was taped (still remember the "RAW IS WAR TAPED") signs in the audience.It is now a live event, not just for incidents like Eddie Guererro's death and etc. anymore.
Raw is live now.The big pull to try to get people to watch WCW Nitro back in the day was that it was live in contrast to Raw, which was taped (still remember the "RAW IS WAR TAPED") signs in the audience.It is now a live event, not just for incidents like Eddie Guererro's death and etc. anymore.
It was funny how they would air Raw's results on Nitro before it was shown on Raw.
That is wrong. They tape it around 9 and it airs at 9. If you are in attendence you need to be there at 8 becuase they have some matches that they don't show on tv. However, raw is infact taped at 9 and ends at 11 and is shown on tv from 9 to 11.