Flopped Flush, Played To Nitty?

feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow Poker Hand ConverterFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.02/$0.05 - 6 playersButton: $6.93 SB: $3.29 BB: $1.56 UTG: $9.09 (Hero)UTG+1: $5.19 CO: $6.11 Preflop: ($0.07) Hero is UTG with :ts:qh (6 players)Hero raises to $0.15, 3 folds, SB calls $0.13Flop: ($0.35) :jh:5c:club: (3 players)SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, SB raises to $0.35, Hero calls $0.15Turn: ($1.05) :3h (3 players)SB bets $1.05, Hero calls $1.05River: ($3.15) :4h (3 players)SB checks, Hero checks

I didn't see any merit by betting on the river because I thought that he will only call with hands, that beat me, like a better flush or a full house.Maybe trip Kings, but thats it.By hindsight I am not sure if I should raise all in on the turn, considering his stack size and his range, which I assumed is on the flop any broadway heart, any set, bare nut straight and maybe a (better) flush. And of course some random bluff.

Way too nitty. For 65.8bb stacks I am going broke on this flop every time with a flush. Without reads I am also shoving AhK, KJ, KT, AxQx. JTIf he had AhKx, AhJx, AhTx, AQx, KJ,KT, JT, JJ,TT Then having a heart come on the turn is a disaster since he might get away now and your hand is uselessAlso your raise of his lead is too small. If he did have just the ace high flush draw you are giving him 4:1 direct odds to draw to his flush. Hit the pot button

I didn't see any merit by betting on the river because I thought that he will only call with hands, that beat me, like a better flush or a full house.Maybe trip Kings, but thats it.By hindsight I am not sure if I should raise all in on the turn, considering his stack size and his range, which I assumed is on the flop any broadway heart, any set, bare nut straight and maybe a (better) flush. And of course some random bluff.
You read too many poker forums

You flopped a flush, get as much money in as fast as possible. No point playing sooooooted connectors if you aren't going to max value them when you hit.

You flopped a flush, get as much money in as fast as possible. No point playing sooooooted connectors if you aren't going to max value them when you hit.
Exactly what he said. Don't play that hand if you're not going to go hard when it hits. Raise turn.
  • 2 weeks later...

fold that utg 6 max please

hand that flops sh*t hands for the most part and a high chance of being OOP with no reason to do so

hand that flops sh*t hands for the most part and a high chance of being OOP with no reason to do so
Then what are we opening UTG? Top 5%? I'm asking cause I mostly just click buttons and probably open way too much UTG. It seems like this is the type of hand we'd want to randomize our play with from UTG. I would feel more comfortable facing a button flat holding this hand than either AJo or KQo.