• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 JustLikeNegs

JustLikeNegs

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

ok so i played a live tourney earlier and this hand came up. want some feedback as not sure what i should be doing. its jsut started so all our stacks are ~15k at 50/100. utg raises, utg+1 flats, mp1 jams, sb calls, i look down at AA. i mean are we ever folding here? what are the chances we hold. i think this could be a spot whre we just sigh fold and wait fora better spot. my line was that at least one other was going to call and AA 4way pretty much sucks. thoughts?

#2 nutzzcase

nutzzcase

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

yes

#3 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:40 AM

This is better than "I like pee pee" imo!And hero folds here 100%. No way you ever hold here the way you are running. I would wait to be dealt at least 3 aces pre, or K666, which is the nuts.

#4 Mordot11

Mordot11

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

I believe this thread is worthy of my first post on these forums.

#5 cdipierr

cdipierr

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 901 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:29 AM

Proof that even 3000 posts isn't enough to start topics?

#6 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

I like to hide in plain sight.

• Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:07 AM

View Postcdipierr, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 12:29 PM, said:

Proof that even 3000 posts isn't enough to start topics?
can you teach me how to be king of the 45s?

#7 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.
  • Favorite Poker Game:O8, PLO, LHE, NLHE

Posted 24 June 2010 - 10:55 AM

even if we are chopping with someone or praying to hold, the math is we build a much bigger stack a lot. I mean i instantly call and pray for a monster stack so i can win the tourny. We can NEVER fold here we have the best hand in holdem. I realize it is a gambol to hold 3 or 4 way but seriously if you fold this i will cry a bit. And a child in africa will die when you fold AA pre every single time! it is impossible to ever not have correct equity to call and all in pre for your whole stack with AA, EVER!!!! i mean shit you have 3k posts, i am not trying to be an ass here but are you ****ing serious!
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#8 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:01 AM

Oh, he's serious!!!!There is logic though. Often you will have 2 hands with AA and one with KK. That means the KK hand has 2 outs and we have none. That can't be good.

#9 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts
  • Interests:I like to think about and play poker. Enough said. I read a lot of forums and am now trying to write in them.

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

View Postoutsider13, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 12:01 PM, said:

Oh, he's serious!!!!There is logic though. Often you will have 2 hands with AA and one with KK. That means the KK hand has 2 outs and we have none. That can't be good.
we are a 3 to 1 favorite against anything that has outs thou! WTF!
Escalante in the small stakes grinder podcast in respect to my FPS " Bet your damn hands!!!" hahaha

Download Spartan's podcast, Small Stakes Grinder! the link for iTunes is: (http://itunes.apple....der/id354114893)
Check out updates to the podcast in the "Members Blog" section of the forum (of pokerroad)...or else. Check it out guys it is a great podcast. Next Episode (Topic: Interview with Barry Greenstein Part 2): 04/19/10

#10 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

• Members
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:21 AM

rrumsey, if you think getting it in is correct here i think you have to take a long hard look and re-evaluate your position and knowledge on the game.

#11 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

rrsumey, you may be the dumbest individual on this forum.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#12 outsider13

outsider13

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,132 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:23 AM

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 2:19 PM, said:

we are a 3 to 1 favorite against anything that has outs thou! WTF!
Whatever then. Keep getting it in without outs.

#13 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

FCP Resident Donk

• Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:28 AM

So this isn't the first hand of the main event?! mehhhh I think its pretty close. Folding prolly being the safest option, though it is a bit weak...i think its what a lot of higher stake mtt players are advocating. We don't want to risk our tournament live in a multiway pot when someone has a sneaky hand to suck out on you like 87s or something like that. Lets just play to make it deeper in the tourney
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#14 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

• Members
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

View Postdonk4life, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 2:23 PM, said:

rrsumey, you may be the dumbest individual on this forum.
Posted Image

#15 JustLikeNegs

JustLikeNegs

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

View Postrrumsey, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 6:55 PM, said:

even if we are chopping with someone or praying to hold, the math is we build a much bigger stack a lot. I mean i instantly call and pray for a monster stack so i can win the tourny. We can NEVER fold here we have the best hand in holdem. I realize it is a gambol to hold 3 or 4 way but seriously if you fold this i will cry a bit. And a child in africa will die when you fold AA pre every single time! it is impossible to ever not have correct equity to call and all in pre for your whole stack with AA, EVER!!!! i mean shit you have 3k posts, i am not trying to be an ass here but are you ****ing serious!
i mean. isn't the best hand in holdem a royal? my hand is at the bottom of the rankings. one pair! also you cant win a tournament in the first hand right?

#16 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

whatever, you all are dead to me! except trueace! :club:

#17 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

View PostTehtoe, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 12:30 PM, said:

Posted Image
totally nailed it! im busted! or should i say my triple chin is busted! look out im going to eat you all!

#18 tbrick412

tbrick412

cellar dweller

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • Interests:Poker, video games, attending college, drinking.
  • Favorite Poker Game:NL Hold 'Em SNG's/MTT's

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

anything other than folding here is just fawking ridiculous.
tbrick412(cedar falls) on stars/ftp
tbrick286 on AIM

#19 rrumsey

rrumsey

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:48 AM

View Posttbrick412, on Thursday, June 24th, 2010, 12:41 PM, said:

anything other than folding here is just fawking ridiculous.
im so sure they are joshing us. and donk4life doesnt ever miss a spot to call me an idiot! hahah! and @ donk4life: change it up every now and then and say: thats teeaarrrible, you a knucklehead! ( god i love sir charles!)Posted Image

#20 donk4life

donk4life

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

in b4 wat

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users