Jump to content


Was It A Good Laydown?


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 BGibbs25

BGibbs25

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:03 AM

So you put your opponent on AA, KK, or AK, proceed to call about 1/8th of your stack with KJ, and then want to try and say you're a winning player? I just don't see how it adds up.

#22 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

View PostBGibbs25, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 11:03 AM, said:

So you put your opponent on AA, KK, or AK, proceed to call about 1/8th of your stack with KJ, and then want to try and say you're a winning player? I just don't see how it adds up.
i'll tell you how it adds up! i put out a scenario for people to ponder, and NOT ONE PERSON said that a min raise in 1st position could be weak! i'm down to 18bb. i wanted a reaction from players. i got what i was looking for....everyone BELIEVES 1st pos was strong LOL 1/2 the time the bets like that are just to see a flop, it throws you off. do you want 8 players behind you to crack your AA?. and as for all the mumbo jumbo i put out there, no one knows what to say about that! i could have easily had a set, 2 pair or a straight, so why did 1st pos over bet pot by 15 bb blinds????. that play was 10x worse than trying to hit a flop like i did, for a min raise. i guess in peoples eyes, you should just fold to a 1st pos raise and GIVE it to him every time..LOL greaT POKER PLAYERS! this is what im talking about...people are programmed to believe one thing " he MUST have xx" in this spot. i was trying to see if anyone with a brain could come up with ways to call 1st pos, who had As9s 8s9s J10 QJ or 99, who knows..6h7h and used 1st pos to throw you off, and bluffed thier ass off. it was virtually a coin flip for me to call and i could be a favorite! but did i call??? hell no, cuz i will find a better spot to put it in...maybe not? i wanted to see how many people would put it in there. that was a pretty good spot. blinds are going up and antes are sucking you dry, im basically pushing with anything very soon. think about it. putting it in with the best hand is not always the right play. another thing...im talking about ONE scenario, and i sure the hell dont play crazy and donk like most players do. why do you think i am a winning player?? i havent worked since 1998 and only play poker! no, i'm not a millionaire but the bills are paid and i take weeks off at a time. call it what you want.

#23 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:42 AM

View PostBGibbs25, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 11:03 AM, said:

So you put your opponent on AA, KK, or AK, proceed to call about 1/8th of your stack with KJ, and then want to try and say you're a winning player? I just don't see how it adds up.
hey gibbs, and a lot of other commentors, i see most of you are new to the game...how is youre record ???? do you really have the right to criticize me? im talking about 1 frikin hand! and NO_ONE took into consideration the point in the tourny(except for cdpierr thx), the stack sizes, blinds, etc. someday you will learn. i guess my mind is just way to advanced for this site. i use my brain. before the flop even comes i have virtually every scenario that could happen in mind from the flop to turm to river and what if??? if i raise then???...she reraise???...3 bet possible???... dah dah dah, etc. you guys see your cards and thats all you play. there are ways to see how good players are on the net, and i see. meet me at the casino PLEASE!!! i'm not fond of the internet. look at the pros tourny records on the net. there are different sites that show the rankings.

#24 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

    Tangled up in blue.

  • Members
  • 8,103 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

Posted 24 February 2010 - 11:02 AM

If you think he's weak just shove.As a general rule, against all but the loosest of openers.Fold >>>>>> Shove >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CallPlaying postflop without initiative with these stacks and a hand which isn't Kings or Aces SUCKS. As for his play, I'd say his hand is often gonna be pair+ draw and maybe a few flush draws which could be a pretty wide range, some of which you have crushed, almost all of which you have okay equity against. I actually think quite a lot of his range except flopped sets and straights could find a reason to overbet shove here. This is a roundabout way of saying I don't think this is a good laydown.You caught a dream flop here for your hand and still managed to find a fold. If you're playing to flop better than this, you're making a colossal mathematical error. It is one that is often indicative of a player who has a lot of other leaks.As for inexperiecned players in this thread, I can't speak for everyone but there are at least 4 that are consistent winners at reasonable stakes, admittedlymost of them are saying lol, gfy or correcting grammar.
.

#25 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

    FCP Resident Donk

  • Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 24 February 2010 - 12:27 PM

View Post30odd6, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 10:42 AM, said:

hey gibbs, and a lot of other commentors, i see most of you are new to the game...how is youre record ???? do you really have the right to criticize me? im talking about 1 frikin hand! and NO_ONE took into consideration the point in the tourny(except for cdpierr thx), the stack sizes, blinds, etc. someday you will learn. i guess my mind is just way to advanced for this site. i use my brain. before the flop even comes i have virtually every scenario that could happen in mind from the flop to turm to river and what if??? if i raise then...she reraise...3 bet possible... dah dah dah etc. you guys see your cards and thats all you play. there are ways to see how good players are on the net, and i see. meet me at the casino PLEASE!!! i'm not fond of the internet. look at the pros tourny records on the net. there are different sites that show the rankings.
lol, you are a horrible player. What casino do you play at? I would love to sit at the same table as you. You played this hand sooo horrible...thank god highway is kind to actually put input into this hand. You have like 15bbs...YOU NEVER FLAT 15bbs...not only did you flat, but you flat OOP. Another HUGE flaw in this hand. Wait for a better spot. If you were actually a winning player or thinking player, you would not think like this and be so f*cking closed minded. And yes...there are 4 winning players who posted in this thread, all thinking that this is an epic level or that your just loool bad.
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#26 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

He's from minnesota, so I think Tehtoe and Fargo met somewhere in between and created this joke account. NICE TRY GUYS

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#27 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

    FCP Resident Donk

  • Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:09 PM

View Postdonk4life, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 2:07 PM, said:

He's from minnesota, so I think Tehtoe and Fargo met somewhere in between and created this joke account. NICE TRY GUYS
sigh...didn't even see that...fml
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#28 JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo

    On the road to 8,143 (approximately)

  • Members
  • 8,141 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Springfield

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

Does 30odd6 mean something?
Homer: Moe, I need your advice.
Moe: Yeah?
Homer: See, I got this friend named... Joey Jo Jo... Junior... Shabadoo.
Moe: That's the worst name I ever heard.

#29 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

just to let you know, this was all fiction to get players reactions. takin notes for the tables. i am posting a serious question on strategy if you want to indulge? "how to play early" under tournament strategies. i suppose no one cares any more, but that what poker is about....discussion and strengthening your game.

#30 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:32 PM

A player UTG minraises, you have 15 bbs, you have absolutely no room to do anything else other than shove or fold. SINCE THE RAISE CAME FROM UTG, AND ASSUMING THIS PLAYER ISN'T A MANIAC HE'S PROBABLY NOT DOING THIS WITH JUNK. BUT YOU, BEING MORONIC, DECIDE TO CALL, AND BASICALLY FLOP A DREAM FLOP FOR YOUR HAND AND WANT TO FOLD. WHAT BETTER FLOP DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR HAND WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE 15 BBS?

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#31 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

View Postdonk4life, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 3:32 PM, said:

A player UTG minraises, you have 15 bbs, you have absolutely no room to do anything else other than shove or fold. SINCE THE RAISE CAME FROM UTG, AND ASSUMING THIS PLAYER ISN'T A MANIAC HE'S PROBABLY NOT DOING THIS WITH JUNK. BUT YOU, BEING MORONIC, DECIDE TO CALL, AND BASICALLY FLOP A DREAM FLOP FOR YOUR HAND AND WANT TO FOLD. WHAT BETTER FLOP DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR HAND WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE 15 BBS?
i see no one reads ....thats 3 that didnt see i had 18bb to start the hand (some said raise, some said shove, some said it was a donk call) and i need to chip up. i still had room to manuever before i was forced to go all in, and i did manuever and made 8th, cashing. i had over 15bb on the flop! i guess morons are supposed to push it all in pre or fold?? it was a situation we all get into (maybe with different hands such as J10 and flop comes Q96, but this was what i came up with) and yes, 2 ways to play then fold or call i was getting a cosensus on how many would do either? too many know-it-all poker players i guess, that cant discuss sticky situations. i guess i should have made it simple for some people to follow.

#32 TrueAce13

TrueAce13

    FCP Resident Donk

  • Members
  • 4,853 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio
  • Favorite Poker Game:PLO NLHE

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:11 PM

you just don't get it, do you
Pokerstars: TrueAce13 (Willard)
FT: TrueAce13
My First Poker Blog, please read and help me get better!

#33 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

    I like to hide in plain sight.

  • Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

Casino you play at and directions from Milwaukee, WI to said casino?Also would need an ETA and what you'll be wearing.

#34 BGibbs25

BGibbs25

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:44 PM

New player? I'm far from a new player; I was unaware that posting on fcp and experience in poker were directly related. And yes, I'm a winning player. Go ahead, go look me up.

#35 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

View Post30odd6, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 6:08 PM, said:

i see no one reads ....thats 3 that didnt see i had 18bb to start the hand (some said raise, some said shove, some said it was a donk call) and i need to chip up, i still had room to manuever before i was forced to go all in, and i did manuever and made 8th cashing. i had over 15bb on the flop! i guess morons are supposed to push it all in pre or fold?? it was a situation we all get into (maybe with different hands such as J10 and flop comes Q96, but this was what i came up with) and yes, 2 ways to play then fold or call was getting a cosensus on how many would do either? too many know-it-all poker players i guess that cant discuss sticky situations. i guess i should have made it simple for some people to follow.
This isn't sticky, you either jam or fold preflop, that's not sticky at all. If you would like to continue bashing us, then give me your online name, and we can play Heads Up if you want.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#36 HighwayStar

HighwayStar

    Tangled up in blue.

  • Members
  • 8,103 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London, England

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:48 PM

View PostBGibbs25, on Thursday, February 25th, 2010, 12:44 AM, said:

New player? I'm far from a new player; I was unaware that posting on fcp and experience in poker were directly related. And yes, I'm a winning player. Go ahead, go look me up.
I'll be surprised if he knows how.
.

#37 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:10 PM

did anyone ever have it cross thier mind that 1st pos just wanted to see a flop with 66? its a great way to slow the betting down by min raise UTG and see a cheap one? if so, i had 2 overs with flush and straight possibilities. they check, i bet...or they bet 1/2 the pot on flop and i come over the top with 3,500, still leaving me with 10bb. blinds are going up and i can still steal a pot if they are weak. if not playing this hand, i have 13 hands to see, then be forced to go all-in. it was worth a shot. i still would have 10bb and 5 hands to see b4 im forced. FINE !!! i tried to make something happen. i dont sit around to get blinded off. call me a donk, but how many times have you sat a table and not had a hand to play for 45min? i dont have 45min to wait.

#38 donk4life

donk4life

    Poker Forum Veteran

  • Members
  • 9,215 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

You're a donk. People who are successful winning players on have given you the exact opposite advice that you are offering, and you refuse to accept it. Your 186% ROI probably comes from one tournament where you got extremely unlucky.

View Postakashenk, on 02 August 2012 - 06:44 AM, said:

I don't mind folding out hands we beat.

#39 Tehtoe

Tehtoe

    I like to hide in plain sight.

  • Members
  • 6,049 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milwaukee
  • Favorite Poker Game:MTTs

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:16 PM

well why don't we just flat 95s b/c he might have 33 and we have flush and straight possibilities!!!Flatting pre is atrocious here, especially if you're folding a flop like this. You're not having any sort of revolutionary breakthrough here, you're making a badly losing play.

#40 30odd6

30odd6

    Poker Forum Newbie

  • Members
  • 65 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:aitkin minnesota
  • Favorite Poker Game:strip

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

View PostTehtoe, on Wednesday, February 24th, 2010, 7:16 PM, said:

well why don't we just flat 95s b/c he might have 33 and we have flush and straight possibilities!!!Flatting pre is atrocious here, especially if you're folding a flop like this. You're not having any sort of revolutionary breakthrough here, you're making a badly losing play.
would almost anyone call a min raise with sm/mid pkt pair having 18 BB? of course you would!!!. i'm so sick of hearing garbage that KJsuited was a bad call....think about it, i had WAY more chances to hit a flop and crack AA, than a 2 outer to hit a set you idiots!!! if you had pkt pair and missed, you dump it, same thing. wake up, open your eyes and play WINNING poker. funny how i cash 1.27 out of 4 tournys i play, and my cash game is pretty damn good too. i must be bad. you wont smell the coffee and play poker....just wait to blind out or be lucky by catching hands that are dealt to you. so sick!! u ever watch a deep stack tourny??it doesnt stay that way forever, even the pros get to a point where most are sitting at 20to50BB (do they stop playing) you either make it or break it. i still had that one shot to take b4 i was forced. i went from 18BB to 15BB WOW!! that really crushed me LOL




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users