Calling All Techheads: Let's Make A Wicked Spreadsheet

it's 2007 and everyone's going to start keeping new records, right? and we'd all like a wicked spreadsheet to help do that, right?so i say let's all pool resources and make something better than we've been using in the past. i have something that works for me and would be glad to offer it as a starting point, but if anyone has something more involved then by all means, let's start with that instead.by all means, post suggestions for new features, etc. in this thread.here's a link to what i've started with: http://s26.quicksharing.com/v/228871/1Blan...rkbook.xls.htmlFYI: if you want to use this, don't type in the red cells, and don't delete the sample sessions. they aren't calculated into the overall stats tab.what i and others want to add so far: -more detailed charts with session by session info and some sort of trendline type deal-some more advanced analysis of what parts of my money are coming from what games/limits-tab for bonuses/rakeback-a way of better automating bankroll situations

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a good one from flopturnriver.comIll find the link for you if interested
i've seen that one. it's ok, but i think we can do better, for real. that one's not very customizable and doesn't easily support multiple games and structures.
it's 2007 and everyone's going to start keeping new records, right? and we'd all like a wicked spreadsheet to help do that, right?so i say let's all pool resources and make something better than we've been using in the past. i have something that works for me and would be glad to offer it as a starting point, but if anyone has something more involved then by all means, let's start with that instead.by all means, post suggestions for new features, etc. in this thread.here's a link to what i've started with: http://s26.quicksharing.com/v/228871/1Blan...rkbook.xls.htmlwhat i want to add so far: -more detailed charts with session by session info and some sort of trendline type deal-some more advanced analysis of what parts of my money are coming from what games/limits
i think what you want is to have is a combination of excel and ms access.it'll do everything you're asking and your data entry could be on either format before using access to hold the database and produce data, graphs, etc.tell me exactly what you need and i can help Jamie.
i think what you want is to have is a combination of excel and ms access.it'll do everything you're asking and your data entry could be on either format before using access to hold the database and produce data, graphs, etc.tell me exactly what you need and i can help Jamie.
i want you to stop using big fancy computer words, lol. i honestly wrote the spreadsheet with my wits and the excel help files, but i know it can be better. you play poker, you know what stats are useful--make my thing give those stats. :club:
i want you to stop using big fancy computer words, lol. i honestly wrote the spreadsheet with my wits and the excel help files, but i know it can be better. you play poker, you know what stats are useful--make my thing give those stats. :club:
what am i? your biotch?!oh wait...maybe i am...who won that last round of golf again?meh...i'll see what i can do when i'm bored. i like building things in access but i won't be able to do it fast

here is an outdated screenshot of what i created. some columns have been moved around and i now calculate total time and $ per hour that i make. oh and i have a tab after each month for a chart to see how my bankroll moves. i prefer an upward direction but the last thre months of 2006 it was more of a rollercoaster.There are some issues with rounding at certain times but I have used it enough now I can catch it and make a slight tweak to that cell and it works fine. Nothing I ever cared to look into and fix.poker_log.jpgEd

fleung is right.Get this into a database first.I'd suggest FoxProFaster than Access.But Access is user friendlier and more people know how to write VB than whatever programs in FoxPro
You know your stuff.Indeed, Access isn't the best but I just don't see how a single user could possibly fill the database to a point where it'll become unstable.It'll do just fine and it's a common piece of MS Office so a lot of people can benefit and find the software easily. I'd say as old as Access'95 will do the trick.
You know your stuff.Indeed, Access isn't the best but I just don't see how a single user could possibly fill the database to a point where it'll become unstable.It'll do just fine and it's a common piece of MS Office so a lot of people can benefit and find the software easily. I'd say as old as Access'95 will do the trick.
ok, geekface. i've never used access. make it go :club:.
I like the one i made. It's got a lot of other functions besides just tracking results. If anyone wants it, write down your email here and ill send it.
can you host it somewhere and share? this may go better if we do some sort of open source type deal.