I "tivo" every episode. The ideology is a little extreme for me but it's nothing like listening to Rush. HBO has the best shows on TV. (Sopranos, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 6 Feet Under, Sex in the City (now gone), and Oz).Then again it doesn't have 24. The greatest show of all time.

I "tivo" every episode. The ideology is a little extreme for me but it's nothing like listening to Rush. HBO has the best shows on TV. (Sopranos, Entourage, Curb Your Enthusiasm, 6 Feet Under, Sex in the City (now gone), and Oz).Then again it doesn't have 24. The greatest show of all time.
I realize what I am risking saying this but I can't stand Maher and can barely stand Stewart. In all fairness, although I am a proud righty I am not that thrilled with Rush and I can't STAND Mike Savage.The problem I have with Maher and Stewart is that they go for the quick and easy hits which means that most of the time they are completely misreprenting the facts of the issue. Tony Snow from Fox news was on Maher once and he ate his lunch because he was smart enough to do what most conservative pundits don't - he refused to try and match wits with Maher. Instead he calmly pointed out the facts - most of which Maher was completely oblivious to - despite the breifing packet he receives on the issues they will be discussing.Its sad that so many people (whom I think we would all agree are norribly uniformed) admit to getting their "new" from people like Stewart and Maher. Insert "Yeah but idiots get their news from Fox news" joke here....
I realize what I am risking saying this but I can't stand Maher and can barely stand Stewart. In all fairness, although I am a proud righty I am not that thrilled with Rush and I can't STAND Mike Savage.The problem I have with Maher and Stewart is that they go for the quick and easy hits which means that most of the time they are completely misreprenting the facts of the issue. Tony Snow from Fox news was on Maher once and he ate his lunch because he was smart enough to do what most conservative pundits don't - he refused to try and match wits with Maher. Instead he calmly pointed out the facts - most of which Maher was completely oblivious to - despite the breifing packet he receives on the issues they will be discussing.Its sad that so many people (whom I think we would all agree are norribly uniformed) admit to getting their "new" from people like Stewart and Maher. Insert "Yeah but idiots get their news from Fox news" joke here....
Although i agree that he does go for cheap shots often i have to disagree when you imply that hes uninformed,basically his entire stand up act and his entire life is keeping up with current events. I am very liberal in case im comin off as biased either way

I do get tired of the Bush-bashing. Maher and his wacko guests often take cheap shots when it's not necessary. Why can't we have a civil debate without taking easy potshots at the President? If some of these people have all the answers, then let them run for public office. It's easy to criticize when your on the outside looking in. I'm waiting for the day Alec Baldwin and Whoopee Goldberg get elected to something. Aint gonna happen.

Dont mean to nitpick but but BIll's show on HBO has been aorund for a couple of seasons, its one of my favorite shows on tv despite the obvious bias. Anyone else a frequent viewer?
actually PI with bill goes all the way back to the mid '90s on comedy central. it was just as good then, if not better. used to be a 1/2 hour show with 4 guests, including many big names in oddball matchups like j.seinfeld, ray bradburry, john malkovich, robin quivers etc. larry miller who was just on the HBO version was a regular then, and he just used one of the exact same jokes on HBO that he used in the '90's on the comedy central version. major flashback there.

I used to watch PI, and Mahar has changed, his 'jokes' against the right are made with much more hate than the fun that Stewart or Leno go for. Letterman seems to be getting crankier too.His comment about the terrorist being braver than our military pilots is a good example of why I don't watch anymore.He was on a local LA radio station, and when they asked him to help with thier Christmas show, you would have thought he was asked to open his wallet or something. He's a bit of an ***.I know..takes one to know one.

He was on a local LA radio station, and when they asked him to help with thier Christmas show, you would have thought he was asked to open his wallet or something.
Hmm, you think maybe the fact that Bill Maher is Jewish had something to do with it?
Hmm, you think maybe the fact that Bill Maher is Jewish had something to do with it?
No I think he is a jerk, and that's what it had to do with that.If you want to throw bait, at least be smart about itDid like Mars Attacks though
The problem I have with Maher and Stewart is that they go for the quick and easy hits which means that most of the time they are completely misreprenting the facts of the issue.
You realize The Daily Show is a comedy show...right? As he's said, the show comes on after puppets making prank phone calls, so what would you expect other than easy political humor?
No I think he is a jerk, and that's what it had to do with that.
Do you not see the warped logic in asking someone of the Jewish faith (who’s religion forbids them to celebrate Christmas) to help out with a Christmas show?Hey, Balloon Guy, there’s a DNC fund raiser here and we’d sure like your help. How about it? You’re not a jerk, are you?
Did like Mars Attacks though
Akk...akk AKK!
  • 2 weeks later...
My wife made me stop watching Maher after throwing our fifth brand new TV out the window. :club:
Tony Snow from Fox news was on Maher once and he ate his lunch because he was smart enough to do what most conservative pundits don't - he refused to try and match wits with Maher. Instead he calmly pointed out the facts - most of which Maher was completely oblivious to - despite the breifing packet he receives on the issues they will be discussing.
I just read the entire transcript of this paticular show (Oct 28 2005--Episode #322), which can be found here:http://www.safesearching.com/billmaher/pri...anscripts.shtmlHow about you show me where Tony Snow "ate his lunch".I did, however, notice that the first thing out of Tony Snow's mouth was a lie:TONY SNOW:..."Scooter Libby has now been indicted on charges of speaking to reporters."