#21 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

View Postetip, on Tuesday, March 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong - I think it's cool that you're doing this, BUT...in reality if you are trying to qualify for just a $1, then once you lose the $10 Stage 1 Qualifier, you should step back down to the $1 Sub Qualifier.
This is how I'm trying to do it, although this will probably be my last shot.So far, after 4 or 5 losses in the $1, I lucked my way through one.I then meant to play the regular $10 one, but accidentally went to a Turbo one, which I hate. I managed to luck into 2nd place for another $10 ticket + $7. So far, I'm ahead of the game by a couple bucks plus the ticket. Three more steps and I'm on my way to Spain.I just hate the Turbos so much I can't justify starting over at $1, and seeing as the odds of getting to real money is so low, the $10 ones hardly seem justifiable based on my skill.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#22 Vatche

Vatche

Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

View PostChiefclint, on Thursday, June 22nd, 2006, 10:30 AM, said:

Make it a little fun, i can go with that. Since there are 2 formats, i will try each s&g and regular. The results so far:S&Gsub qualifier 8/10, cost 1.10sub qualifier 4/10, cost 1.10sub qualifier 2/10, cost 1.10, almostregular tourney:stage 1 1/20, cost 7stage 2 10/14, no coststage 1 1/18, cost 7stage 2 8/9, no coststage 1 3/20, won 12, seacumber and brvhrt won the 2 ticketsstage 1 1/19, cost 7stage 2 3/23, no coststage 3 1/61, won 5200 entry, woohoo looking forward the big one.cost: 24.30, profit 5105, doing this on Daniel's prompting: priceless!
wow, my seat cost me around 50 bones and i thought that was good, looks like you beat me... :club: 24.30 is pretty damn good but you aint got nothing on big Mike, the seat cost him exactly 1$! he won 4 sit and gos back to back to back to back on his 1st attempt, what an animal :D congrats again, this should be fun.

#23 Chiefclint

Chiefclint

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Numbers/logic games:poker and sudoko, shooting pool, playing a mean game of race cars with my 2.5 yr old son and alot of tickles with my 4 mth old girl. Can cook gourmet for 6 or bbq for 20.
  • Favorite Poker Game:OMH PL, NLHE and LHE

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:00 PM

View PostVatche, on Monday, June 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM, said:

wow, my seat cost me around 50 bones and i thought that was good, looks like you beat me... :club: 24.30 is pretty damn good but you aint got nothing on big Mike, the seat cost him exactly 1$! he won 4 sit and gos back to back to back to back on his 1st attempt, what an animal :D congrats again, this should be fun.
that BIG Mike is good, tough to beat $1. Looking forward to the tourney and hopefully meeting up on Barcelona with all the FCPers

#24 cu in 4years Dan

cu in 4years Dan

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 2,276 posts
  • Interests:Holdem, Ohama, Razz, Lowball, 7 card stud

Posted 08 July 2006 - 10:45 PM

sound like your adding a bit of fun to the mix, nice going

#25 Ecclesbury

Ecclesbury

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:No Limit Hold-Em

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:25 PM

That's quite an achievement by Big Mike! I got fed up after 2 $1 turbos, and decided to just try and qualify from the $10. I like the increasing stack sizes in higher stages, nice idea that.First time round I'm going to try the Sit and Go route, then I might have a go at the Multi-Tables.Results so far:SubQualifier : 2nd : -$1.10Subqualifier : 3rd : -$1.10Stage 1 : 1st : +$63Stage 2: 1st : +$527Stage 3 : 1st : +$4600Cost : $12.20. Profit : $5187.80Job Done.

#26 Big Mike Watters

Big Mike Watters

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:28 AM

ty Ecclesbury :D Good luck to you as well! Believe me...I'm donkified in this tourney comin' up...quite a few talented FCP players are going to make it in, like Clint and Vatche and CoinFlipper, and KidPoker himself...I'm just a donator. :club: But it was a nice run to win I'll tell you what. Waking the whole house up as I march my *** up and down the house yelling FCP! FCP! FCP! after taking it down must have been hilarious to see. :D I look forward to all the tourneys involved with this ticket...both freerolls AND the big one in (now)November.Good luck to all B)
"Poker is nice. I love to play poker." -- Chau Giang
bigmike411 on Pokerstars -- RIP

#27 Ecclesbury

Ecclesbury

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:37 PM

Well, it's done.Despite telling myself I was going to play the stage 3 at the weekend I just couldn't wait so sat down to one that was almost full.2 hours later and I have a seat! I am buzzing right now! Not quite Big Mike terrirory, but I'm pretty happy with a cost of $12.20.Looking forward to it, good luck everyone already in, and those trying to qualify.I should also include this miracle moment that was definately the turning point of my tournament after a slow start. Rounders08 if you read this, I am very sorry about this, I should have been walking:NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $580+$20 (Real Money), #796,614,225 Stage 3 Poker Classic Qualifier Single Table Tournament, 2 Aug 2006 7:22 PM ET Seat 1: Ecclesbury ($2,800 in chips) Seat 4: Adde2 ($5,550 in chips) Seat 5: batmanalan ($2,550 in chips) Seat 9: rounders08 ($3,175 in chips) Seat 10: TxHoldmLoser ($10,925 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSTxHoldmLoser posts blind ($100), Ecclesbury posts blind ($200).PRE-FLOPAdde2 folds, batmanalan folds, rounders08 bets $600, TxHoldmLoser folds, Ecclesbury bets $2,600 and is all-in, rounders08 calls $2,200.FLOP [board cards KH,2C,5D ]TURN [board cards KH,2C,5D,JS ]RIVER [board cards KH,2C,5D,JS,QH ]SHOWDOWNEcclesbury shows [ 10D,AD ]rounders08 shows [ AH,AS ]Ecclesbury wins $5,700. SUMMARYDealer: rounders08Pot: $5,700Ecclesbury, bets $2,800, collects $5,700, net $2,900Adde2, loses $0batmanalan, loses $0rounders08, loses $2,800TxHoldmLoser, loses $100

#28 Windbreaker

Windbreaker

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

Is there a way to see how much I've spent to qualify for the event? Is there like a tournies entered history info somewhere available??

#29 Big Mike Watters

Big Mike Watters

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:01 AM

View PostWindbreaker, on Tuesday, August 29th, 2006, 2:12 AM, said:

Is there a way to see how much I've spent to qualify for the event? Is there like a tournies entered history info somewhere available??
If you use the downloadable(is that a word) client, and have statistics on...you should be able to get an idea of what tourneys you've been in to qualify. I don't know how far it goes back.Or...if you ask real nice and send him a bribe...InfoBob might be able to hook ya up. B)
"Poker is nice. I love to play poker." -- Chau Giang
bigmike411 on Pokerstars -- RIP

#30 DaRockets

DaRockets

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Interests:1. HAPPINESS<br />2. FAMILY/FREINDS/PETS<br />3. SMOKING GOOD WEED OUT OF NICE BONGS<br />4. GIRLS VAGINAS<br />5. POKER

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:31 PM

WELL I HAVE FINALLY WON MY POKER CLASSIC TICKET!!I CAME UP SHORT IN 2 320 STAGE 3 MTT.THEN I BOUGHT INTO A STAGE 2 SNG AND WON IT.THEN MADE IT HU IN THE STAGE 3 SNG FOR ALL THE MARBLES WE SWITCHED 4 TO 1 CHIPLEADS 3 TIMES. WE WENT FROM 20K VS 5K BACK AND FORTH FOR LIKE A HALF HOUR. I WORKED HIM DOWN TO 7K AND HE PUSHED ALL IN. I CALLED WITH ACE 6 OF DIMES AND HE SHOWED 106 OFF.BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK AND I WON THE 5G TICKET. WOOHOO.SEE YA THERE DOS
DosRoquitos[size=3][font=Comic Sans Ms]

#31 Ecclesbury

Ecclesbury

Poker Forum Nut

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:42 PM

View PostDaRockets, on Tuesday, September 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM, said:

WELL I HAVE FINALLY WON MY POKER CLASSIC TICKET!!I CAME UP SHORT IN 2 320 STAGE 3 MTT.THEN I BOUGHT INTO A STAGE 2 SNG AND WON IT.THEN MADE IT HU IN THE STAGE 3 SNG FOR ALL THE MARBLES WE SWITCHED 4 TO 1 CHIPLEADS 3 TIMES. WE WENT FROM 20K VS 5K BACK AND FORTH FOR LIKE A HALF HOUR. I WORKED HIM DOWN TO 7K AND HE PUSHED ALL IN. I CALLED WITH ACE 6 OF DIMES AND HE SHOWED 106 OFF.BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK AND I WON THE 5G TICKET. WOOHOO.SEE YA THERE DOS
Congrats Rocket Man!! See you in November! It's going to be a good one.Shame you just missed out on the freeroll! A good showing from the FCP crowd in that one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users