WPT Final 18 with chip counts

1.Daniel Negreanu 1,676,000 49-92.Raymond Davis 1,308,00 50-63.Nam Le 1,295,000 50-54.Johnny Chan 815,000 49-55.Hasan Habib 788,000 49-46.Eric Weiner 748,000 50-37. Humberto Brenes 720,000 49-48.Ted Forrest 701,000 49-19.Vinny Landrum 622,000 49-210.Charles Hiatt 568,000 49-711.Steve Rassi 514,000 50-912.Barney Boatman 271,000 50-413.Ed Mascoda 267,000 50-814.Chris Grigorian 244,000 49-315.Howard Lederer 236,000 49-616.Jennifer Harman 223,000 50-117.Jason Beasely 185,000 50-218.James Van Alstyne 126,000 50-7Table 49 is one tough table...

That's awesome. This looks like it could be an amazing final table. On a side note, I think poker is getting big enough where there needs to be a better way to get accurate tournament updates and info up to the minute...emphasis on the ACCURATE. So far today I've seen that you were out with AA to KQs and down to 219K after being chipleader, both of which were false. I know there are a few things out there that try to do this now, but they are still pretty slow and dull.

All i would do now is pray that Ted and Johnny or Howard are not at the final table. I love all of their play, including daniels, but you do not want Ted Forrest at any table you play at, he just did not get any cards at the sands. I have faith in Daniel though, good luck...Lets hope Ted gets un-lucky for Daniel, but i would also love to see Ted at the final table, just a world class guy and playerDumb me just realized on this edit, that Howard, Daniel, Ted, and Johnny are at the same table...wow, that is frightening.

Man table 49 is vicious.... I hope Daniel is able to continue to play well. Hopefully the POY won't become an issue.... I mean we all know what it's like to try and just hold on for whatever reason, either it be making the money or the final table.... hopefully he'll be in a position to make the final table without holding on. From the size of his stack at this point it would look like he's in a position to not worry about that, but who knows how the day will go.Best of luck Daniel!

wow, i really wish i could be in vegas rite now so i could watch table 49 today.... i think that everyone has put the emphasis on lederer, chan and forrest there, but there's also hasan habib who finished 2nd in the wpt championship and humberto brenes who's already had 2 final tables in the season 3... grigorian is tough toocool thing is that if daniel can get past this table and win player of the year and the tournament, he can truly say he not only beat the field, but he had to go through some of the very BEST to do it...

Well if you can win money at the top cash games in the world against these players then you can beat them in a tournament. I know it's no use telling you to just sit back and make the final table so you can win POY. With that chip stack this late in the tournament you'll be going for the win all the way, as would anyone.Congrats on making it this far and being chip leader, and good luck today, just imagine what the announcers will say on TV when you get to the final 6 about you winning POY because of this.

Now if all of a sudden this tournament was made into seven card stud, or stud hi/lo... Forrest would walk away with the thing easily.

Good to see Daniel doing so well. Here's a link to the Poker Pages blog, if anyone is interested: http://www.pokerpages.com/blog/index.php?itemid=73I agree that there should be a more reliable way to get updates. ESPN airs poker regularly and it has become a hit for them, I think updates on ESPN NEWS or Sportscenter or, at the very least, on the scrolling bottom line would really be worthwhile. There are a lot of poker fans out there and they all have their favorites. Many say it's the new Nascar (in terms of blossoming popularity).

not sure where the blinds are starting out today... 10/20k, 15/30k? but there are 7 players that are pretty short stacked:12.Barney Boatman 271,000 50-413.Ed Mascoda 267,000 50-814.Chris Grigorian 244,000 49-315.Howard Lederer 236,000 49-616.Jennifer Harman 223,000 50-117.Jason Beasely 185,000 50-218.James Van Alstyne 126,000 50-7 all have half or less of the 11th place Steve Rassi 514,000. 5 of these low stacks will be on one table, so expect some fireworks and quick exits.Hopefully when they balance the tables, Daniel can get onto 50 and clean up... either way, 9th should be a piece of cake, but we all know that the $1.8 million is Daniels main goal.Best of luck dude!

It would be a shame if Daniel was too focused on POY just to make the final table. He'll probably not tangle with Chan or Habib or Forrest, but you best believe he'll take on Lederer or Grogorian with the stacks that they have.

All within 30 minutes...... Daniel Negreanu now at $2.2mil in chips James Van Alstyne - 18th Jason Beasley - 17th Edward Moncada and Barney Boatman - Tie for 15th and 16th Charles Hiatt - 14th Ted Forest - 13thHoward Lederer- 12thJennifer Harman doubles up to over 800k with 89 against JJ

That's awesome. This looks like it could be an amazing final table. On a side note, I think poker is getting big enough where there needs to be a better way to get accurate tournament updates and info up to the minute...emphasis on the ACCURATE. So far today I've seen that you were out with AA to KQs and down to 219K after being chipleader, both of which were false. I know there are a few things out there that try to do this now, but they are still pretty slow and dull.
The problem is that it's not like the PGA Tour or Major League Baseball. The tournaments are on tape delay. It's not profitable to give the general public such easy access to tournament reults before the tournament airs on television.Tournaments that are broadcast on TV make money from advertisers. If no one wants to watch because they already know the outcome then the amount of money they make would go down drastically. That is why the WPT web site isn't giving minute by minute updates on their tournaments.I realize that most people at this forum would watch anyway, but most of you take poker relatively seriously or enjoy the game enough to watch a tournament for the hand by hand action, not the overall winner. But I think that the majority of people would have trouble enjoying a tournament when they already know the winner.

This is ridiculous. I'm 34 years old and can't get any work done at my desk because I'm waiting for play by play about Daniel. Anyways, this is gotta go down as one of the clutch performances of all time. One tourney left...Just got passed for POY after leading all year...Table 49 probably the toughest table I've seen all year.....This is just HUGE! For me, it rivals BoSox comin' back against the Yanks after being down 3-0. Let's hope Daniel takes it all the way and practically wraps up WPT POY as well. TAKE EM DOWN, DANIEL!!!!!!!!!