How Bad Did I Screw Up Here?

2nd hand of the SNG and I'm on the button and it's minraised to me, I don't find K/Q to be that great of a hand this early and want to see a flop for cheap so I call, and then SB reminraises it. This is a sign of great strength, but even if he has aces, I'm only going to be playing if I flop something big, so I know not to get too attachedDealt to WORDYYOYO [ Kh Qs ]paulywog17 raises [80].daggyjoe7 folds.hopikins folds.Dripdropflop folds.Stinner25 folds.deadpool21 folds.flushman420 calls [80].WORDYYOYO calls [80].datdude74 raises [100].Bayhill8777 folds.paulywog17 calls [40].flushman420 calls [40].WORDYYOYO calls [40].** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, 2h, Kd ]datdude74 checks.paulywog17 checks.flushman420 checks.WORDYYOYO bets [250].datdude74 folds.paulywog17 calls [250].flushman420 folds.No one showed that they wanted the pot, so I make a nice little bet of about 1/2 the pot, the guy who reminraised it folded so thats good, but the initial raiser calls. ** Dealing Turn ** [ As ]paulywog17 checks.WORDYYOYO bets [300].paulywog17 raises [800].He checks again, so I fire out another bet, I know its probably small since the pot is now at about 1000, but at $5 SNG, I think that fact is semi-irrelavant. The check raise indicted real strength, obv. and I think he has either q/j or a/k....probably the former hand because of the check call on the flop....My question is how can I not lose 1/2 my stack on this 2nd hand?? Thanks appreciate it!

2nd hand of the SNG and I'm on the button and it's minraised to me, I don't find K/Q to be that great of a hand this early and want to see a flop for cheap so I call, and then SB reminraises it. My question is how can I not lose 1/2 my stack on this 2nd hand?? Thanks appreciate it!
there is your answer. This is why you dont play KQ against 2 raises. just doesnt make sense. you cant like your hand even if you hit. the only hand id feel confident about is flopping the nuts straight. even top two pair might be up against KK or QQ. then you are stuck.

Of course, the way to avoid this is not play KQ to a raise, KQ is one of the most overated hand in poker. However, calling a miniraise on the button with small blinds in low stakes games, hoping to win a big pot, isn't always so bad. Although folding is my normal move, calling is reasonable. At that point, the bet on the flop was of course a fine bet. I also agree with the bet on the turn, although ur bet was offering great pot odds, I don't think it was too small and it still showed that you have a hand. The last thing you want to do is check and let him put you in a difficult spot with a big bet, especially in a $5 game where he you may very well have the best hand. After he raised you on the turn, I'd be done with the hand, yes you lost alot of chips, but it coulda gone worse, and it coulda easily gone better, thats the risk of KQ.