to dn (please read!)

BigD I'm only going to comment on that I agree DKE gets very defensive in a debate... and that he did come off as somewhat "better than thou" in his first post in this thread.Hate too see you getting flamed, bud.
But truth be told, I really don't mind being flamed, flame battles are kinda fun. And I like DKE 'cause at least he puts up a fight. Guys like Iowa's Finest are fish-in-a-barrel-type-flames. DKE at least has spirit, lame and anal spirit that it is..
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, these are the worst bunch of posts ever... THE WORST.  Danny: I'm sorry i dont know much on the better translations of the era. The rule of thumb is to get a direct translation and not something that has gone from latin to french to english or something. i studied all my plato through the lobe publications which are pretty cool because on the left page they give you the latin and on the right they give you the translation.Miles: Thanks friend for not flaming me. However, I have been told by my professor that their exist only one quote from Socrates. This quote was scribed on some wall by the Alexandrian library or something. My professor could be wrong or i could be confused but i was defiantly not referring to a meno quote.  BigD: "just like the sands of an hourglass, so are the days of our lives" i think its from the soap days of our lives.
Ok, buddy. That would be why I said it isn't a Socrates quote. So you're right. You still didn't read my post. I said that it is from a PLATO book and it is a line said by MENO. These are two different people, neither of them are Socrates. Plato was a student of Socrates who wrote fictional stories involving his teacher. The scenes may not have happened in exact form, but they do get across some philosophical teachings of Socrates. They also are a good lesson in the Socratic method. I can't believe that as a Philosophy major you haven't read Meno, Protagoras, etc. I've only took a couple Philosophy courses, but Plato's writings were in the '101' version. To the guy who said I should leave flamers alone: My plan was to try to deter people from flaming people in this public forum because it would be nice if it stayed a respectable forum, rather than going the way of RPG, etc. Flame wars don't really help anyone learn anything about poker or the poker world, do they?
BigD I'm only going to comment on that I agree DKE gets very defensive in a debate... and that he did come off as somewhat "better than thou" in his first post in this thread.Hate too see you getting flamed, bud.
What part of this is a 'debate' by your standards? I agreed with ivyfan that the guy's an ass for having his first post making fun of someone. There was no debate, bigd responded by calling me a douchbag. Thats seriously not as much of a debate, as it is someone going out of their way because they have a problem with me.
All I do know, is that Bill and Ted's kicks your Mom's ass
He does make some valid points though
What part of this is a 'debate' by your standards? I agreed with ivyfan that the guy's an ass for having his first post making fun of someone. There was no debate, bigd responded by calling me a douchbag. Thats seriously not as much of a debate, as it is someone going out of their way because they have a problem with me.
Except that I don't know what the hell my mom ever did to Bill or Ted. Jesus.
GAH stop hijacking my thread! I want DN to read this
Actually the only way Daniel will ever see this thread is because it's been hijacked and bumped repeatedly. Otherwise it would have faded away into obscurity long ago.So you should thank the flamers....oops I mean debaters. LOL
Wow, these are the worst bunch of posts ever... THE WORST.  Danny: I'm sorry i dont know much on the better translations of the era. The rule of thumb is to get a direct translation and not something that has gone from latin to french to english or something. i studied all my plato through the lobe publications which are pretty cool because on the left page they give you the latin and on the right they give you the translation.Miles: Thanks friend for not flaming me. However, I have been told by my professor that their exist only one quote from Socrates. This quote was scribed on some wall by the Alexandrian library or something. My professor could be wrong or i could be confused but i was defiantly not referring to a meno quote.  BigD: "just like the sands of an hourglass, so are the days of our lives" i think its from the soap days of our lives.
Ok, buddy. That would be why I said it isn't a Socrates quote. So you're right. You still didn't read my post. I said that it is from a PLATO book and it is a line said by MENO. These are two different people, neither of them are Socrates. Plato was a student of Socrates who wrote fictional stories involving his teacher. The scenes may not have happened in exact form, but they do get across some philosophical teachings of Socrates. They also are a good lesson in the Socratic method. I can't believe that as a Philosophy major you haven't read Meno, Protagoras, etc. I've only took a couple Philosophy courses, but Plato's writings were in the '101' version. To the guy who said I should leave flamers alone: My plan was to try to deter people from flaming people in this public forum because it would be nice if it stayed a respectable forum, rather than going the way of RPG, etc. Flame wars don't really help anyone learn anything about poker or the poker world, do they?
Dude are you confused 'cause i sure i am. i reread your post and i think we are talking about two separate things. There maybe some similar saying in the meno. I am talking about some sort of nonfictional graffiti that socrates did, or so i am told. Supposedly this is the only real quote of the real Socrates and being a philosophy major i knowingly mean the socrates not in platos works, which are fictional stories. Also, If you google the saying you'll find a diverse number of sources credit him with the saying. I wish i had studied the meno so as to have a better understanding of wehere you’re coming from.
The gods must be crazy. Yeah, DKE, I take pot shots at you out of bpurespite, but how worked up you get over them really only fuels my fire and makes it funnier for me, 'cause I love a good flame war. But your love of Bill and Ted has warmed my cold cold heart, and this may be the last time I go out of my way to just pure flame you. I can't say for certain, as I reserve the right to flame anyone, for really any reason, but I think My Count Chocula spite is just about done with, so I'm ready to move on. Love of Bill and Teds goes along way.

No, im serious. I made DN a ceramic vase and I want him to have it. I have an internship at this place, and I cant sell anything, and if I do it has to be sold at the gallery, and they get %40 of the price if someone buys it. Instead I prefer to give away my stuff to people. If I can give it away to the coolest poker player ever then thats a satisfying honor. Don't you think?

• 9 months later...

I can't help myself. I have to bump this.Mods, feel free to move this thread to Off Topic if you must, but please don't lock it. It's one of my personal favorites.

If I can give it away to the coolest poker player ever then thats a satisfying honor. Don't you think?
Would you be equally as honored if you sent me one instead, since dn hasn't accepted the gift? :club:
I can't help myself. I have to bump this.Mods, feel free to move this thread to Off Topic if you must, but please don't lock it. It's one of my personal favorites.
milestones in DN's life:- first winning session- first tournament win- nail evelyn ng- million dollar mark- have someone make pottery for you- some crap about WPT player of the year and meeting your wife i guesswhat will he remember in his old age? his wife will be old, his money will be boring, and evelyn will be some jewish FCP poster's wife. but the pottery will survive.
I'd be scared of Tantalar if I were you man. Dude's not right.

seriously, when I first saw the OP, I thought he was gonna make a joking dreidel song about daniel, and then I realized that he was serious. all I was thinking was, dreidel dreidel dreidel, I made it out of clay, and when its dry and ready, o dreidel I shall play

I didn't read this whole thread, but I'm sure the mockery abounds, however...I wanted to offer up this: I will knit DN a sweater MADE ENTIRELY OF MY NAVEL AND BUTT LINT...if I ever get around to saving that stuff in a jar or bag or something. I always forget and end up flicking it on the floor.WHADDYA THINK!?!?

• 1 month later...
Greatest bump ever.Anyone want to make a painting of Daniel and send it to him?