An Atlanta Braves Thread

Last season was certainly a letdown, but after the first two games of 2007, I'm quite upbeat about the chances of retaking the NL East.So yeah...anyone watch the Phillies get whacked late on Monday and today? The Braves bullpen is finally good and the hitters are clutch!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Uggla was released. Seems premature. It's been a rough half a decade to be sure, but you could just see it in his eyes that he was going to turn it around and break this cold streak, if only they'd ha

Thanks for Laroche...1 for 12 as a pirate so far.
You're welcome. :icon_biggrin:Laroche has always been kind of spotty. He'll heat up eventually for a while, but he doesn't really have season-long consistency.
You're welcome. :icon_biggrin:Laroche has always been kind of spotty. He'll heat up eventually for a while, but he doesn't really have season-long consistency.
LaRoche's strikeout numbers always scared me also.On another note, I love Chuck James.

Best record in baseball! Wheeee.(Yes, it's early still.)I'm pretty pumped that this team is looking like the Comeback Kids of the mid-90's.

And it looks like playing the Nats will help Chipper and Andruw break out of their slumps. As good as they look now, they could definitely be better.
I think it's quite possible we'll be 15-1 when we next face the Mets.

The only thing that worries me is that our expected wins/losses has been so far from our actual record. I think that's mostly a result of the small sample and losing that one game 11-1 to the Mets. Last season, the Braves actual record was far worse than its expected won/loss (mostly cause they kept losing 1-run games via blown save).

The Braves...responsible for over half the Mets losses...that's both a good and bad thing.
yeah i hate have the mets in our division. it is true that hitorically we have really had their number but their lineup is so potent that they could allow 6+ runs and still win

Mets vs. Braves: 2-4Mets vs. Rest of NL: 9-2So sick. Even if the Braves continue beating them, it's going to be hard to win the NL East if the rest of the league doesn't step up a little bit.

*sigh*I hate having bullpen question marks. It's like my least favorite baseball question mark.In the past 15 years, the only time I've had any confidence in the bullpen was when Smoltz was closer.

• 2 weeks later...

Still pulling out the clutch comebacks.Unfortunate that the Mets are keeping pace. Was hoping to have a bit of a gap by this point. Oh well...it makes it more exciting, right?

Still pulling out the clutch comebacks.Unfortunate that the Mets are keeping pace. Was hoping to have a bit of a gap by this point. Oh well...it makes it more exciting, right?
Excitement is good. Gonzalez and Soriano have been lights out and Wickman could find himself out of a job by season's end.
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay...what the frig is going on? I guess I can understand losing 2/3 to the Red Sox, but 3/4 to the Nationals? That's BS.

Okay...this is just getting damn depressing. I've always tried to be supportive of Andruw, but he's absolutely got to step up if we hope to get things going again.

• 2 weeks later...

They can't keep losing like this. We're just fortunate that Mets have been struggling somewhat recently also...they've had a chance to totally run away with the division.

They can't keep losing like this. We're just fortunate that Mets have been struggling somewhat recently also...they've had a chance to totally run away with the division.
These are the games we're supposed to be winning. We can't lose a series to Washington, Florida, or Chicago and still make the postseason. As hot as Escobar is, we need Chipper back in the lineup and Andruw to pull his head out of his ass once and for all.