Creation Museum

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/2010...eme-park-in-Ky-They are building a theme park next to the museum to bilk more money out of the doofus public.There is a forum on Friendly athiest that had people making up names and rides for the new park that were hilarious. But to see the governer up there talking about giving them incentives to spew this crap is beyond reason!
  • Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually believe that, and it's one of the reasons that I've always been a very big fan of yours. You're sincere, and the rarity of sincerity never ceases to amaze me. More importantly, though: you

I looked up that passage and didn't see where it said "salvation is by good works." 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save t

I think it's more like, "Without faith, it doesn't matter what you do." Meaning you can't just be a good person to get into heaven.Regarding the first point, if you're standing in the middle of the r

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/AB/2010...eme-park-in-Ky-They are building a theme park next to the museum to bilk more money out of the doofus public.There is a forum on Friendly athiest that had people making up names and rides for the new park that were hilarious. But to see the governer up there talking about giving them incentives to spew this crap is beyond reason!
Because one based on a talking mouse are more inline with your beliefs?

The "creation museum" is embarrassingly un-scientific. It's cute how they're trying, but they're actually (obviously...) doing far more harm than good. Teaching people to be stupid doesn't help anything.

The "creation museum" is embarrassingly un-scientific. It's cute how they're trying, but they're actually (obviously...) doing far more harm than good. Teaching people to be stupid doesn't help anything.
203_3821_500x500.jpg

I don't get it. None of those men are teachers, and none were in a position of dispensing knowledge. Also most (if not all) of them are objectively great men who achieved great things.

Well I got that, I didn't get how it relates to the creation museum or anything I said.
I think BG thinks this part describes the democratic party:
It's cute how they're trying, but they're actually (obviously...) doing far more harm than good.
I wonder if I could use the technology in the Rose Translator to build a Balloon Guy Translator...
I think BG thinks this part describes the democratic party:
Well you had a 33.3% chance since I quoted three sentences, and you still got it wrong.I was referring to this:
Teaching people to be stupid doesn't help anything.
And I nailed it, because it helps the democrat party stay in power.Right over both of your heads!
I wonder if I could use the technology in the Rose Translator to build a Balloon Guy Translator...
Haha..I get it, you can't keep up so you want to pretend that it's me...You must be a wonderful professor."You got an F kid.""But what I wrote was innovative and much farther advanced than we've ever been.""Whatever, I didn't understand it and that's all that matters" "F"
I don't get it. None of those men are teachers, and none were in a position of dispensing knowledge. Also most (if not all) of them are objectively great men who achieved great things.
Tim, Often times I am stuck with the unenviable position of having to defend people on my side who are not really all that defensible. This leaves me stuck with one of two options, give the other side red meat and say that I disagree with x also, which leaves their puny intellectual minds on a pedestal that I will later just knock off with ease, or I can go for deflection.In this case I grouped two standard tools of my biased world view defense mechanism.I combined my "That's what she said" adaption to any reference to things 'dumb' 'slow' 'idiotic' to the democrat party as in:"Hey they should tell stupid people not to vote" to which I would reply "Then how will democrats get elected?"I combined this with deflection, trying to divert the attention from the current topic that we ALREADY HAD A THREAD ABOUT, and turning it into a direction that I prefer, making fun of democrats.So basically my response was merely a defensive move that you could interpret as a win for your side if that's your thing.Or an attempt at re-directing a thread that is boring and repetitive into something else with a little humor, if that's your thing.You get to choose the motive and the value of my attempt.P.S. don't tell vb, he'll just tell you you are wrong and bring up Rose again because she is never really very far from his conscience.
Tim, Often times I am stuck with the unenviable position of having to defend people on my side who are not really all that defensible. This leaves me stuck with one of two options, give the other side red meat and say that I disagree with x also, which leaves their puny intellectual minds on a pedestal that I will later just knock off with ease, or I can go for deflection.In this case I grouped two standard tools of my biased world view defense mechanism.I combined my "That's what she said" adaption to any reference to things 'dumb' 'slow' 'idiotic' to the democrat party as in:"Hey they should tell stupid people not to vote" to which I would reply "Then how will democrats get elected?"I combined this with deflection, trying to divert the attention from the current topic that we ALREADY HAD A THREAD ABOUT, and turning it into a direction that I prefer, making fun of democrats.So basically my response was merely a defensive move that you could interpret as a win for your side if that's your thing.Or an attempt at re-directing a thread that is boring and repetitive into something else with a little humor, if that's your thing.You get to choose the motive and the value of my attempt.P.S. don't tell vb, he'll just tell you you are wrong and bring up Rose again because she is never really very far from his conscience.
Well, I think we can all get behind that statement. We can also appreciate you using humor rather than actually defending them. Win-win!
101201-ark-encounter-hmed-4p_grid-6x2.jpgThe park is going to be called Ark Encounter. I can't imagine the rides. Well, um, yes I can. This is an editorial in the Louisville Courier-Journal.Gov. Steve Beshear needs a vacation. Indeed, he should have taken it this week. Other than extreme fatigue, how else can one explain his embrace of a project to build a creationism theme park in Northern Kentucky (near the Creation Museum) and the apparent willingness of his administration to offer tourism-development tax incentives to developers of the park? Even if technically legal (in that the law allowing the tax breaks doesn't discriminate against other religious or anti-religious views), a state role in a private facility that would be built by a group called Answers in Genesis and espouses a fundamentalist view resting on biblical inerrancy indirectly promotes a religious dogma. That should never be the role of government. Moreover, in a state that already suffers from low educational attainment in science, one of the last things Kentucky officials should encourage, even if only implicitly, is for students and young people to regard creationism as scientifically valid. Creationism is a nonsensical notion that the Earth is less than 6,000 years old. No serious scientist upholds that view, and sophisticated analysis of the Earth's minerals and meteorite deposits generally lead to an estimate that the planet is about 4.5 billion years old. Furthermore, creationism teaches that the Earth (including humans) was created in six days, thus rejecting the well-established science of evolution. But if the Beshear administration is determined that Kentucky should cash in on its stereotypes -- and wants to fight Indiana to snare the theme park -- why stop with creationism? How about a Flat-Earth Museum? Or one devoted to the notion that the sun revolves around the Earth? Why not a museum to celebrate the history and pageantry of methamphetamines and Oxycontin? Surely a spot can be found for an Obesity Museum (with a snack bar). And while we're at it, let's redo the state's slogan. Let's try: Kentucky — Unbridled Laughingstock.

I wonder if pseudo science like this and the Christians who are screwing up the Texas school books have any connection to this.http://www.salon.com/news/us_economy/index...a_collapse_2025

Add to this clear evidence that the U.S. education system, that source of future scientists and innovators, has been falling behind its competitors. After leading the world for decades in 25- to 34-year-olds with university degrees, the country sank to 12th place in 2010. The World Economic Forum ranked the United States at a mediocre 52nd among 139 nations in the quality of its university math and science instruction in 2010. Nearly half of all graduate students in the sciences in the U.S. are now foreigners, most of whom will be heading home, not staying here as once would have happened. By 2025, in other words, the United States is likely to face a critical shortage of talented scientists.
I wonder if pseudo science like this and the Christians who are screwing up the Texas school books have any connection to this.http://www.salon.com/news/us_economy/index...a_collapse_2025
I think it is typical of the condition. I just was looking at the thread that quote came from and akoff talking about how we needed "values" at home to improve education. He seems to blame all our woes on crack. It's a much deepr problem and it needs to be addressed.

You guys took God and prayer out of school, are now reaping the whirlwind, and are trying to place the blame for the entire school system going down across the board for decades on a district in Texas??I think we should blame Jimmy Swaggart.

You guys took God and prayer out of school, are now reaping the whirlwind, and are trying to place the blame for the entire school system going down across the board for decades on a district in Texas??I think we should blame Jimmy Swaggart.
Nah, we need vb and his buds to hurry up and make us some Robo-brains.
Nah, we need vb and his buds to hurry up and make us some Robo-brains.
That's how they start...they take over our brains...then they take our women-folk.YOU'RE PLAYING RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS
That's how they start...they take over our brains...then they take our women-folk.YOU'RE PLAYING RIGHT INTO THEIR HANDS
Hey, I'm already looking into nuerocosmetics to improve my sense of humor. It can't make you smarter but it can make you giggle alot apparently. Wait, we should make list of people that we would do it to. God, I'd love to stick an electro-prod in the brain of that Cramer dude who does Mad Money on cnbc.
  • 2 weeks later...
http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/18/1570761...lity-study.html
When Gov. Steve Beshear held a Capitol news conference to announce potential state tax incentives for an amusement park built around a life-size Noah's Ark earlier this month, he cited a feasibility study that predicted the park would attract 1.6 million visitors in its first year. However, neither Beshear nor other state officials had seen or read the study, which was commissioned by Ark Encounter, LLC, the group building the theme park. "The press release was a joint effort, and the Ark Encounter provided the numbers for the release based on their own research, much like how we work with companies on jobs announcements — they give us the info about their job numbers and investment and we work together on a release," said Beshear spokeswoman Kerri Richardson in an e-mail. The state doesn't have a copy of the report, according to responses to requests under the Open Records Act sent by the Herald-Leader to the state tourism and economic development departments and to the governor's office.Officials with Ark Encounter also declined to give the Herald-Leader a copy of the 10,000-page report, including its 200-page executive summary.
Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/12/18/1570761...l#ixzz18m06YsVFSo the same people that say the earth was created in 7 days only 6,000 years ago are also telling us the park will attract 1.6 million visitors in it first year but refuse to provide the feasibility study. Forgive me if I question their math skills.
So the same people that say the earth was created in 7 days only 6,000 years ago are also telling us the park will attract 1.6 million visitors in it first year but refuse to provide the feasibility study. Forgive me if I question their math skills.
I don't think that first claim was based on math.
I don't think that first claim was based on math.
Unfortunately it is. The back out bible quotes and subtract back to those dates. Unfortunately in places where it says things like 700 years or 400 years they think that always translates to 1 year when they see fit.