Suggestions How To Get Back To Forum Greatness

Okay people looking for suggestions and ideas try not to flame this pleaseDaniel we might up the Numbers in the Neg Open if you tweet the gameHow do we improve things here on FCP?Gov was going to update the site is that still in the works? live chat box Move Strat section to General Poker?Daniel being your site, it would be nice at least once a month to see something here from you.Lets start debates or discussions on where the game is going and the changes we have seen. I started to play more live than on line which I find so very different and enjoy the live game more however it can be a touch boring being able to just play 1 table compared to multi tables on line.So What are the Key differences of poker Live vs On LineStories would be nice. any ways have a great New Year everyone

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With one that big, you'd think there'd be a lot more in itArms stretched over a strong envious crowd. "Sorry. Sorry. Sorry" uttered on a seemingly endless loop which makes Canadian Bacon seem like the

I like the live chat idea. If Bob could integrate DNs twitter on the main page in general the forum could provide feedback realtime what he's discussing too.

Here's how you improve the forum..1) have daniel give a shit about the forum again2) have people give a shit about daniel again.Until that happens, this is place will stay a ghost town.
QFTrcgs59 Rose Christine G @RealKidPoker it's time you support your forum fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forum/in…
Why?
why not, if he participates like he should it would not be a problemalways have and will be a Daniel fan but there are times I think he forgets that he has supporters out there.He needs a kick in the ass at times
why not, if he participates like he should it would not be a problemalways have and will be a Daniel fan but there are times I think he forgets that he has supporters out there.He needs a kick in the ass at times
really?
Yeah, that's what I mean, why do you think he has some sort of obligation to this forum?
really?
blah humbug Alan don't mind me on a major bitch todaylost my Visa cardFell on Ice banged head , it ****in hurts bigtimeclutch went on car thus minus $1600
blah humbug Alan don't mind me on a major bitch todaylost my Visa cardFell on Ice banged head , it ****in hurts bigtimeclutch went on car thus minus $1600
ohhh now i understand, thanks for clearing up what you meant.cancel itowis that like $30 American?
Jay-Z1.png

The poker boom was an interesting time. You had teenagers who saw literal conmen as basically the intellectual equivalent to sports stars. And I don't just mean to that like they were just bad people. Like, the majority of them were cheaters and hustlers and straight-up robbers, and the older, dumber ones were murderers and even the odd child molester. And the speed at which they were obsoleted by the influx of smart people and the shift to a format that made it tougher to cheat...it really makes you wonder if there were any winning players before 2003 who weren't cheating or angling in one way or another.It's funny to think about, but there might have been a time back then, when DN was getting hustled for milli-millions in the big game, where he really, honestly was the "best" player in the world (minus Ivey), back before insentivized nerds had a year or two to develop the game. DN is the Stringer Bell of poker. He isn't tough enough or slimy enough to hang on the streets, and he isn't smart enough or obsessive enough to beat the best straight-up. But for one golden moment, he could have been the perfect combo. Lucky for him, he is clean enough and has enough cred and charisma to milk what's left of the spokesmodel money.

Streamline the layout. Way to many subforums for the little traffic that is here. Example, have just a sports sub instead of one for every sport so the football guys mingle with the hockey guys ect. Add things like youtube clip embedding. start a forum war with more popular forums to get some attention lol.edit: oh and some sort of presence in social media

Looks like all we need is to have rcgs go batshit crazy again to get the forum up and running
l_first-place-blue-ribbon.jpg
Streamline the layout. Way to many subforums for the little traffic that is here. Example, have just a sports sub instead of one for every sport so the football guys mingle with the hockey guys ect. Add things like youtube clip embedding. start a forum war with more popular forums to get some attention lol.edit: oh and some sort of presence in social media
are you insane? those hockey guys are uppity as hell. i avoid them and their superiority at all cost

Personally, I don't think getting Daniel back here will bring the site back to "greatness". Actually, I came along here in 2010 and really enjoyed hanging out here and playing the Neg-Os with everyone, chatting, learning a ton, etc. Daniel never really posted then and only played a few Neg-Os in early 2011, which did increase the size of the game, but not much in traffic here. The one thing I liked about this site vs other forums (2p2 for example) is that it is a smaller site, and you could get to know people here and hang out as a group, unlike the monster 2p2 sites where there is so many people you can't really mingle too well. I know some of you long timers here complained about it not being super busy like the 06'-08' days, but kinda felt like "Cheers" to me back in 10'-11'. (for you young-uns, youtube Cheers). Problem is that since us US players cannot get a "good" online game so easily anymore, and cannot multitable low-mid stakes at will, the game just is not that fun anymore. When you got used to opening up and playing anything at anytime, then having to play at places like Cake where you have to wait hours for a 6-max $5 SNG to fill up, it makes it not worth it. Personally, I was on a 6 month "vacation" when black friday hit, so when I got home in September I could not wait to get back to the tables, but there was not alot of poker options. I played some on Cake and a few others, but it just wasn't the same. Also, I have had a bunch of life stuff to catch up on, so I have not had the time to invest like I did before. Honestly, I just stop by here from time to time and don't even bother to log in. Just lurk for a min or two then go on.I was not playing online at the time when the first blackout happened, but poker seemed to have rebounded from that, and may rebound again. But, all good things come to an end, or crash down and rebuild but never get back to their former glory. (You Canadians remember the satellite tv DTV/DN/BEV days?? :club: )Anyway, whenever I think about poker, I still think of this place. Probably always will too. Thanks for the short fun time. Hopefully there will be more fun to have in 2012!!

The poker boom was an interesting time. You had teenagers who saw literal conmen as basically the intellectual equivalent to sports stars. And I don't just mean to that like they were just bad people. Like, the majority of them were cheaters and hustlers and straight-up robbers, and the older, dumber ones were murderers and even the odd child molester. And the speed at which they were obsoleted by the influx of smart people and the shift to a format that made it tougher to cheat...it really makes you wonder if there were any winning players before 2003 who weren't cheating or angling in one way or another.It's funny to think about, but there might have been a time back then, when DN was getting hustled for milli-millions in the big game, where he really, honestly was the "best" player in the world (minus Ivey), back before insentivized nerds had a year or two to develop the game. DN is the Stringer Bell of poker. He isn't tough enough or slimy enough to hang on the streets, and he isn't smart enough or obsessive enough to beat the best straight-up. But for one golden moment, he could have been the perfect combo. Lucky for him, he is clean enough and has enough cred and charisma to milk what's left of the spokesmodel money.
This post is absolute ****ing gin. Poker always was a magnet for the worst kind of scumbags. It was funny, when Joan Rivers made that abstract comment about knowing 'poker players' from all her years in Vegas, and what sort of dirtbags they were. The most amusing part of the whole "poker boom" show was watching these completely naive Cul-De-Sac kids wander out of the subdivision into that world, then wring hands and gnash teeth when they got their asses scalped. Online poker was one of the biggest grifts since day one. Billions of unaccounted-for dollars pouring into totally unregulated, offshore concerns run by intensely shady, private entities. The funniest thing wasn't just that it happened... or that it continues to happen yet these naive ****ers still refuse to see it. It's the bullshit narratives people built up around online poker to convince themselves that just this one time, human nature no longer applied, because, after all! We were dealing with poker players! If you can't trust someone like Doyle Brunson....

very good post..RoseNeed to face the fact that FCP will never be the same as it was.There is a big combination things for this:- the death of online poker in the US.- the downfall of televised poker(volume of shows etc)- Daniel's lack of participation.....This isnt his fault at all, lets face it there is not as much to participate.- People leaving poker all together, mainly due to first point.We can still appreciate FCP for what its...Its a huge part of my life still, as the hockey forum is a great place to hang out..I have made a ton of real life friends that will be around for a lifetime.Im not sure how the other online forums are(2 +2) but I would be willing to bet that participation is down there as well..FCP isnt dead...GO FCP