Have You Guys Seen The I.o.u.s.a. Movie?

You americans are in for a rough ride it would seem... Good luck!
you misunderstood the meat of the video in my opinion. the point was that american spending is out of control (from a perspective of 6+months ago), and that eventually a crisis would occur.well the crisis did occur, and now i get the sense that we're working on it (as individuals and as a country).the video does not speak to the shape of our current state, only the cause of it. in a roller coaster, the front seat and the back seat are the two wildest rides. just because those sitting in the middle can't see the track doesn't mean they aren't attached to it.

The world economy is completely driven by the U.S. If we are in for a rough ride, you are in for a rough ride. Think about it. Russia would fuck you up bad if there was no longer a U.S. military presence in Europe. You will be forced to watch your mothers/sisters/girlfriends/wives being violently raped and murdered. You will tortured after they are killed. I'm thinking some type of electrical shocks mixed with your toes and fingers being cut off with pliers.

The world economy is completely driven by the U.S. If we are in for a rough ride, you are in for a rough ride. Think about it. Russia would fuck you up bad if there was no longer a U.S. military presence in Europe. You will be forced to watch your mothers/sisters/girlfriends/wives being violently raped and murdered. You will tortured after they are killed. I'm thinking some type of electrical shocks mixed with your toes and fingers being cut off with pliers.
Besides the fact we buy everyone elses crap and our countries have a bunch more crap made in other countries that employees people of those countries.

I've watched this documentary and everybody should watch it and take it seriously.The unfunded liabilities, the coming fiscal crisis of governments and the severe lack of savings in the US are very very real.The issues that it addresses are not really related to the current economic troubles but point to a much more serious longterm structural problem.Basically you can joke all you want but unless there is a miracle the standard of living of Americans is going to be very very very hard to maintain in the future.

The day I care wat a bunch of swedes think about the U.S. is the day I deserve a ruff ride.
Americans are so cute when they are clueless.
you misunderstood the meat of the video in my opinion. the point was that american spending is out of control (from a perspective of 6+months ago), and that eventually a crisis would occur.well the crisis did occur, and now i get the sense that we're working on it (as individuals and as a country).the video does not speak to the shape of our current state, only the cause of it.
Maybe I did misunderstand it but I thought it was about the present and the future. I didn't get the impression that everything is under control...
Calm down guy. I'm sorry if I came across as condesending (I guess I must have...). I have no interest in seeing you go down, even if my mother wouldn't be raped as a result... My good luck wish was genuine.The reason I posted was that the movie was pretty shocking I thought, and in the movie they make it clear that most americans have no idea of how bad their economy really is. A few statements were: "this is the single biggest threat to our nation save for a terrorist with access to nuclear weapons", and: "we pretty much have to do what China tells us because they own so much of our debt."I can't imagine many americans feeling good about things like this and I'm sorry if I upset you, but if you don't know about it it's hard to do something about it.I'll be very pleased if you do. Again, good luck!
do you find that men respond well to condescension and demeaning?
If they want to show that I'm wrong and do a little work to prove me wrong then mission accomplished.
Maybe I did misunderstand it but I thought it was about the present and the future. I didn't get the impression that everything is under control...
it's about the past.it explains the present.but the future, as it relates to an individual, would probably be better taught in a home economics class.
If they want to show that I'm wrong and do a little work to prove me wrong then mission accomplished.
ah. makes sense.
Think about it. Russia would fuck you up bad if there was no longer a U.S. military presence in Europe. You will be forced to watch your mothers/sisters/girlfriends/wives being violently raped and murdered. You will tortured after they are killed. I'm thinking some type of electrical shocks mixed with your toes and fingers being cut off with pliers.
This is just about the most retarded thing I've ever read on FCP, and possibly top 10 of all time, anywhere.
you misunderstood the meat of the video in my opinion. the point was that american spending is out of control (from a perspective of 6+months ago), and that eventually a crisis would occur.well the crisis did occur, and now i get the sense that we're working on it (as individuals and as a country).the video does not speak to the shape of our current state, only the cause of it. in a roller coaster, the front seat and the back seat are the two wildest rides. just because those sitting in the middle can't see the track doesn't mean they aren't attached to it.
the crisis the documentary speaks of hasn't happened yet. the dollar collapse is the main concern, something we can still put off by shipping trillions out the door. when people stop accepting dollars and correctly see that our government is unreliable and useless, then the crisis will occur.
This is just about the most retarded thing I've ever read on FCP, and possibly top 10 of all time, anywhere.
oh yeah? well how retarded is it going to be when I'm raping you and pulling things off of you with pliers? HOW RETARDED WILL IT BE THEN JAMES?
I've watched this documentary and everybody should watch it and take it seriously.The unfunded liabilities, the coming fiscal crisis of governments and the severe lack of savings in the US are very very real.The issues that it addresses are not really related to the current economic troubles but point to a much more serious longterm structural problem.Basically you can joke all you want but unless there is a miracle the standard of living of Americans is going to be very very very hard to maintain in the future.
Meh, we'll probly be ok. :club:

look, if you don't want me to see the movie, fine. but spelling it so only the smart people get it is freakin' rude. I CAN SEE YOU SPELLING IT!! you might as well just tell me to go to hell, man, because that's what this spelling bs is.get bent.

the crisis the documentary speaks of hasn't happened yet.
ah yes. my girlfriend makes fun of me for forgetting that i don't live in the future. i think sept. 16, 2008 will probably be the day that history remembers. and, i would like to point out that "hasn't happened yet," is subjective.also, Q is a funny man.
ah yes. my girlfriend makes fun of me for forgetting that i don't live in the future. i think sept. 16, 2008 will probably be the day that history remembers. and, i would like to point out that "hasn't happened yet," is subjective.also, Q is a funny man.
I suppose it's all a matter of perspective.