fold 10, 10 in 3 way??

Its 3 way ... i had 10, 10.. on the button.., I raise 2x the BB. small blind pushes all-in... WTF...,, took me a while, i thought about it.. but after reading tips, strategies and stories on this forum everyday.. i folded.,, I had a good read on the player.. it was a live game, and i had the feeling he had 2 over cards.. What would u do>?? did i make the right move?P.S.,, it was pretty even in chips

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its 3 way ... i had 10, 10.. on the button.., I raise 2x the BB. small blind pushes all-in... WTF...,, took me a while, i thought about it.. but after reading tips, strategies and stories on this forum everyday.. i folded.,, I had a good read on the player.. it was a live game, and i had the feeling he had 2 over cards.. What would u do>?? did i make the right move?P.S.,, it was pretty even in chips
If you think that you can outplay him and he had pretty much the same amlount of chips as you I think it's a pretty easy fold. You can find a better spot.
why ddi you only raise 2xBB?
Blinds had just gone up they were 10, 20, and we only started with 100 in chips., I felt it was a decent bet being the first hand played right after the blind increase

Late in a tourney if Im shortstacked, Im all in with 8s or better.In this case, you are doing ok with chips, and its one of those cases where the three step thought process I've heard about (not sure of the source) comes into play.Level 1. What do I have?Level 2. What do I think my opponent has? (this is where you are at it seems)Level 3. What do I think my opponent thinks I have?Level 3 is key. What have you been playing recently that you have raised 2xbb? Axs? KQo? If so, your opopnent may have put you on one of those hands, and be challenging you with AKs or a lower pocket pair.Ultimately, I don't think anyone here can quantitatively say what you should or shouldn't do, since in this case, the read is vital. This hand, if you call the all in, is your tourney life on the line. If you are a good reader, follow your gut. If you have doubt, fold.Dev

what were the blinds? chipcounts? was it a tourney or cash game? any answer someone gives you is useless without this info.
started with 100 in chips., just a home game. blinds just increased to 10, 20
Late in a tourney if Im shortstacked, Im all in with 8s or better.In this case, you are doing ok with chips, and its one of those cases where the three step thought process I've heard about (not sure of the source) comes into play.Level 1. What do I have?Level 2. What do I think my opponent has? (this is where you are at it seems)Level 3. What do I think my opponent thinks I have?Level 3 is key. What have you been playing recently that you have raised 2xbb? Axs? KQo? If so, your opopnent may have put you on one of those hands, and be challenging you with AKs or a lower pocket pair.Ultimately, I don't think anyone here can quantitatively say what you shouls or shouldn't do, since in this case, the read is vital. This hand, if you call the all in, is your tourney life on the line. If you are a good reader, follow your gut. If you have doubt, fold.Dev
its from sklansky, and its only useful if your opponent is thinking, which he may not be.
its from sklansky, and its only useful if your opponent is thinking, which he may not be.
Agreed - if this is a novice player you are against, he isn't thinking this level. If he is just playing his cards, the all in signifies significant strength in my opinion. Fold the 10s.Dev

Ultimately, I don't think anyone here can quantitatively say what you shouls or shouldn't do, since in this case, the read is vital.Not really, it's a pretty easy fold unless the stacks are *very* short.

its an easy call in my opinion. its only a 3 way game and your gonna fold 10's pre flop?? think of the range of hand he could move in with. only the 4 higher pocket pairs dominate you. overcards your a favorite and are gettin laid pot odds. A-x your a big favorite and any lower pocket pair your a huge favorite. no way any good player should lay that down

its an easy call in my opinion. its only a 3 way game and your gonna fold 10's pre flop?? think of the range of hand he could move in with. only the 4 higher pocket pairs dominate you. overcards your a favorite and are gettin laid pot odds. A-x your a big favorite and any lower pocket pair your a huge favorite. no way any good player should lay that downOk.

Ultimately, I don't think anyone here can quantitatively say what you shouls or shouldn't do, since in this case, the read is vital.Not really, it's a pretty easy fold unless the stacks are *very* short.
Smash. Do you think a betting 2x the BB was sufficient?. (call the blind, then raise 2x more).. it was the very 1st hand after the increase. Your thoughts please
Smash. Do you think a betting 2x the BB was sufficient?. (call the blind, then raise 2x more).. it was the very 1st hand after the increase. Your thoughts please
thats not betting 2xbb. thats betting 3xbb. and probably.

Smash. Do you think a betting 2x the BB was sufficient?. (call the blind, then raise 2x more).. it was the very 1st hand after the increase.Your thoughts pleaseI think you should have probably pushed.TT isn't a hand you really want to be in a medium sized pot with heads up looking at overcards on the flop.It is hand you cna feel comfortable pushing with pre-flop three handed.

if you are gonna fold these 10's 3 way, your a complete pushover. what hands would you call with??? only j's or better, q's or better??? youll get pushed around all day in a shorthanded game if your all-in call requirments are that high

if you are gonna fold these 10's 3 way, your a complete pushover. what hands would you call with??? only j's or better, q's or better??? youll get pushed around all day in a shorthanded game if your all-in call requirments are that high
ok. seriously, though, you make no sense. you said "think of the range of hands he could do this with" and then listed a range of hands which he was unlikely to be holding. you are probably looking at a coin flip, and theres a chance you are dominated. with little money invested its an easy fold. unless you are very shortstacked, there will be plenty of better spots to get your money in. I may get pushed around, but you'll be on the rail making calls like that.

if you are gonna fold these 10's 3 way, your a complete pushover. what hands would you call with??? only j's or better, q's or better??? youll get pushed around all day in a shorthanded game if your all-in call requirments are that highHi. Gap theory.Good post.

Blinds had just gone up they were 10, 20, and we only started with 100 in chips., I felt it was a decent bet being the first hand played right after the blind increase
how do blinds go up in a live game?
if you are gonna fold these 10's 3 way, your a complete pushover. what hands would you call with??? only j's or better, q's or better??? youll get pushed around all day in a shorthanded game if your all-in call requirments are that highHi. Gap theory.Good post.
i lay 10-1 odds he doesnt know what that means.
how do blinds go up in a live game?
I meant live as in real life.. sorry.. too many posts involve online poker.My mistake good sir.

ill be on the rail??? you realize that if you sit and wait for j's or better to call an all-in, this guy could go over the top of you every time you bet and youd fold your way to a loss in no time?? in a 3 way tournament, the hand i listed are completely reasonable for him to push with. and yousay you dont want to get involved in a coin flip?? youd be the slight favorite and the pot already has the big blind and the 2xbb you already raised, puls his all-in, so your getting laid a great price on a coinflip. youd be getting the right odds even if you were the one with the overcards

hahaha, yeah, i dont know that means your calling requirements must be higher than your raising requirements. keep laying down the 5th best all-in hand in poker guys when you are getting laid a good price. seriously

ill be on the rail??? you realize that if you sit and wait for j's or better to call an all-in, this guy could go over the top of you every time you bet and youd fold your way to a loss in no time?? in a 3 way tournament, the hand i listed are completely reasonable for him to push with. That has little to do with the hands you've listed to call with.Do you see why?