The Kessel Run (Into Toronto)

Kessel's Return  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Does Phil Kessel Get Booed or Cheered On Saturday?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if this is true, makes me wonder what Phil did last year to deserve this kind of action from Shanahan. Maybe there's more to the story. Or are we supposed to think Shanahan is just doing this because

Im very proud of appearing in possibly the worst major motion picture ever made. It was in theatres exactly one day. It's awful. I have a copy. Also, for Phil's new house, I got him as a housewarming

Booed but should be cheered.   Shocked Phil hasn't contacted me about a ticket for the game, since we are such good friends after hanging out once. Lol

Conversation yesterday:

Him: How many tickets you need for the game?

Me: Two.

Him: Who's coming?

Me: I dunno, maybe my buddy Zach that you met. He's a big pens fan.

Him: Tickets are $400 each.

Me: I'm coming alone.

• Like 1

I'm torn.

I think he should be cheered for his overall work , but booed for his last 6 month effort. Perceived or not.

I'm guessing it would have been badly booed, if they didnt see how bad this team is doing record wise now and realize, with or without him, the team is brutal and was in need of the current rebuild.

I'll say mixture of both.

Conversation yesterday:

Lol well assuming this is a true story, I do appreciate the thought.

Well he scores in two straight games before yesterday! And he's still on pace for more than 30 lol

Did you watch last night? I think he and malkin are starting to figure it out.

Did you watch last night? I think he and malkin are starting to figure it out.

I watched quite a bit of that game. A few very nice plays between them, they seem to be meshing.

I liked Erreys commentary after a particularly crazy shift...."If you dont see that Malkin+Kessel have something going on right now....well, well......you're just not watching!"

He struggled to come up with an analogy, then just gave up.

I watched quite a bit of that game. A few very nice plays between them, they seem to be meshing.

I liked Erreys commentary after a particularly crazy shift...."If you dont see that Malkin+Kessel have something going on right now....well, well......you're just not watching!"

He struggled to come up with an analogy, then just gave up.

I thought before the season started that Malkin and phil would be a better fit than crosby and phil. Crosby is a north south player, and so is phil. Malkin is east west. He creates space with the way he moves that gives Phil lots of areas to jump into. (That may have been the worse grammatical sentence I've typed in a long time).

Conversation yesterday:

Is it true that visiting players always have to pay for tickets for family/friends when they come to Toronto? When my buddy's cousin played in the NHL, we always paid for our tickets to watch him in Toronto (I never have an issue paying for my own tickets) but when he plays in Buffalo we got as many as we wanted.

Is it true that visiting players always have to pay for tickets for family/friends when they come to Toronto? When my buddy's cousin played in the NHL, we always paid for our tickets to watch him in Toronto (I never have an issue paying for my own tickets) but when he plays in Buffalo we got as many as we wanted.

yes. Every ticket is paid for. No freebies.

yes. Every ticket is paid for. No freebies.

Except the Leafs players get 2 tickets? I remember I had Garbovski's tickets for a Minny game about 3-4 years ago.

I had another CBA question that you can probably answer, Chris.

Do players get per diems on the road?

If so, I assume this must be standardized so that no one team can offer more, so I'm curious how much it is.

Except the Leafs players get 2 tickets? I remember I had Garbovski's tickets for a Minny game about 3-4 years ago.

They get season tickets (2) but they have to pay for them.

I had another CBA question that you can probably answer, Chris.

Do players get per diems on the road?

If so, I assume this must be standardized so that no one team can offer more, so I'm curious how much it is.

Yes, $250 per day. Paid in vanilla VISA cards.