set of deuces (lhe)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: econ_tim is SB with [2s], [2c]. 2 folds, econ_tim completes, BB checks.Flop: (6 SB) [6h], [8d], [2d] (6 players)econ_tim bets, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.Turn: (5.50 BB) [9d] (5 players)econ_tim bets, CO folds, econ_tim calls, UTG+2 calls.River: (11.50 BB) [3c] (3 players)econ_tim checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks.Final Pot: 11.50 BBDid I miss bets on turn and river?MP2 seemed passive.

7T and 57 have you beat..or a bigger set.I'd probably 3 bet the turn and lead on the river.Unless you have a strong read otherwise.- Jordan
I'm more worried about the diamonds, but maybe I should still 3-bet turn.

oh, now I see that.Again, I think it comes to your read. I've slowed down here before with a set and been wrong and right, but I usually keep pushing cause often times enough at low limits they have something completely different.- Jordan

i slow down after being raised on that turn. you said mp2 is passive which makes this a pretty easy decision i think. plus u still have utg+2 to worry about.

Well I'm having a tough time with this one. The guy couldve made a straight with 57 (I think T7 is unlikely) and couldve made a flush, but some guy with 98 makes a makes a raise here too. 97 (or an idiot with T9) might make raise here but I doubt it.I think the key is you said this guys seemed passive. If thats the case, then he probably has something more than 2 pair. Given your read and the acttion up to that point, I think you have to give hime credit for something. Of course you cringe when you see him check the river. Meaning he probably has a hand worse than you.

I don't like leading on the flop from the sb, I think you could better protect it by check raising. With 5 players I would suspect that at least the cutoff would bet with position. Protecting the hand is important vs building the pot IMHO since there are flush and straight draws.the raiser might have just hit the 9, or caught a straight or flush draw so I without reads it's a tough call, slowing down is fine, but you still have plenty of outs with the boat possibilites. Reraising might have also knocked out the UTG calling station.I think the river check is fine as well

I like the flop bet. In the games I've been playing lately, I see many flops checked around. You've got to try and get some money in the pot. Never mind the risk of giving 5 other players a free card. I'm not worrying about protecting my hand here. This is 1/2 at party and there are five other players in the hand. Chances are you can't protect it. I bet out for value and to prevent giving a free card.

I don't like leading on the flop from the sb, I think you could better protect it by check raising.
I think you have to lead this flop. The last thing you want to do is give a free card. We dont really need to protect a set, but the one thing we dont want to do is let someone get a free diamond and then have someone who has the Ace of diamonds draw to the river and hit his runner-runner flush. And you also give someone with T7 a free chance to hit their straight. By leading the flop we get more value and protect our hand from wierd draws.

Preflop and flop are fine.Definitely 3-bet this turn and lead the river. Even if you're behind right now (which you're likely not) you have 10 outs to fill up.