9 Man $1.20

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t5310)SB (t3000)Hero (t5190)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kdiamond.gif, Kclub.gif. Button calls t100, 1 fold, Hero raises to t300, Button calls t200.Flop: (t650) Qclub.gif, Jclub.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets t550, Button raises to t5010, Hero ?.button had played very loose for most of the sng, but had tightened up quite about around bubble time. This was the second hand after the bubble broke. The previous hand I had AA, and doubled playing the hand in a similar fashion.

Does Villain push with a Q? I don't think so...I suspect a flush or straight draw or maybe even a J. Hero has the Kc, and 2 of the straight outs...I'd say we call.Folding is OK too.And, raise more pre-flop...400 or 500.

No one in their right mind shoves with a Q here. You beat anything but a Q. You call and win this 9 out of 10 times, and the tenth makes a great bad beat story.

No one in their right mind shoves with a Q here. You beat anything but a Q. You call and win this 9 out of 10 times, and the tenth makes a great bad beat story.
This is a $1.20, so you can't judge play by what people "in their right mind" would do. Most $1.20 players aren't in their right mind.That said, a raise of this size with a Q would be completely idiotic, even for the biggest donk. However, he could easily be holding AA. Players at $1.20 love to limp with AA, especially this late in a tourney. His giant raise may be an attempt to make you think he's bluffing. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see AA here. Nevertheless, there are plenty of other hands that a typical $1.20 player would make this kind of move with, such as a J, a straight draw, a flush draw, even an underpair. Folding here because you fear a Q or AA is playing scared, in my opinion.

1. I'd call. You probably have the best hand and if you win this, SNG over. If not, at least you cashed.2. Do not raise more than 3xBB. Getting everyone to fold is not as valuable as getting a guy to call with AJ and shove the QQJ flop. And, if an A hits and you think he has it, just fold. No need to play KK scared.

2. Do not raise more than 3xBB. Getting everyone to fold is not as valuable as getting a guy to call with AJ and shove the QQJ flop. And, if an A hits and you think he has it, just fold. No need to play KK scared.
Did you notice there was a limper? You need to bet 3 x BB + 1 BB for each limper. You still offer attractive odds (2.1:1) to the limper. That is not playing scared, it is betting for value.

Sorry guys, I did not see there was a limper. I hate these converted hand histories, I find them difficult to read.I agree with everyone else - once there is a limper, you need to raise more.Edit: Apparently everyone else finds them difficult to read as well. This is a heads up pot as the SB had already folded when it was OP's turn to act preflop. That said, a raise to 400 isn't bad because you probably are going to get called by the button and you should get more money in the pot.

OP is the BB in this hand and the SB folded. So we are heads-up. I still bet 400 for value, but 300 isn't horrible to bring the button along. We are not risking any other players in the hand with the weak PF bet, and I want more than the blinds and a limp bet out of this hand.Horrific flop, but I agree betting a Q this way would be idiotic. That said, I've seen it done so often at this buyin that it's a possibility. Meh, you're in the money. Call.

I am bored at work, so I just did an ICM calculation.Hero would have to be good here >54.5% of the time to justify a call, which I think he is, so a call is right here.

This is a $1.20, so you can't judge play by what people "in their right mind" would do. Most $1.20 players aren't in their right mind.That said, a raise of this size with a Q would be completely idiotic, even for the biggest donk. However, he could easily be holding AA. Players at $1.20 love to limp with AA, especially this late in a tourney. His giant raise may be an attempt to make you think he's bluffing. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see AA here. Nevertheless, there are plenty of other hands that a typical $1.20 player would make this kind of move with, such as a J, a straight draw, a flush draw, even an underpair. Folding here because you fear a Q or AA is playing scared, in my opinion.
Interesting point about the AA.. I'm sorry but donks love to slowplay a hand as big as trips, the shove is only a Q if it's a cagey FCPer in a $4.40, not a donk in a $1.20.We beat a lot here. But any solid player isn't going to toss his money in the middle with 2 cards as likely to hit someone QQJ on the board. So meh.. I go broke here, and I don't think it's the right play. I really do hate calling all-in as opposed to raising all-in, but I just do not think we're beat here.