Greenstein Talking Smack About Negreanu!

• Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

#121 mk

mk

nord-américain racaille

• Members
  • 9,873 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:34 AM

42 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users) 19 Members: mk, crimethink_, dEv~, Timdog1010, strategy, elnino, serge, RhinestoneCowboy, joball33, schwarz269, Madrox, dms26, mosley, WKTSWAY, Balloon guy, finztotheleft, DanielNegreanu, zeken, DmsTips we can't stop laughing.

#122 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

Someone at my forums pointed this thread out to me so I thought I would chime in. The idea that I'm "selective" about reporting my poker results is both totally false and insulting.All of my results are posted on my website for all to see. These are the same figures that will go to the IRS. There is no way in the world I would tell the IRS that I won MORE than I actually did. Now THAT, would be really stupid.As for me playing $4000-$8000 sporadically, when I do play cash game poker it's almost exclusively in that game. I don't play as often as I'd like, but I have done well since late 2003 on a limited schedule. This past week I put in a ton of hours and feel overworked frankly. It is tough getting used to that again and I felt my play slipping considerably. So instead of playing, I decided to take some time off and play more golf.
Posted Image

#123 KDawgCometh

KDawgCometh

old skool

• Members
  • 15,174 posts
  • Interests:poker(duh), soccer, football, rugby, music, and film

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 3:28 PM, said:

Hi Daniel - you do know that everything I ever post is 99% ironic right? Please please please dont ban me please please
its called Ironical, and I am out to ban any fan of the smiths actually, no I'm really not, i just want to see what uproar happens with that statement
Wine Notes for those that care about such pretentious things

#124 jowest

jowest

Poker Forum Groupie

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

View PostInertGrudge, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 12:28 PM, said:

22 Members: InertGrudge, ajs510, Balloon guy, RhinestoneCowboy, turd ferguson, Jerry_Lundegaard, KDawgCometh, finztotheleft, mosley, DanielNegreanu, jowest, WKTSWAY, strategy, zeken, DmsTips, DonkSlayer, wpm54201, burton167canada, CBass1724, jdavidfix, Viking145, psujohn :club:
shhhhhh shshshhhh shhhhh quick! be quiet. He is coming this way.. Look cool. I got this. Let me do the talking.Hey Daniel! Great to see you! Great job on that protege promo!Keep up the good work.
if you are anywhere near Portland Oregon click here: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=64932

#125 Timdog1010

Timdog1010

It's my ass!

• Members
  • 2,559 posts
  • Interests:varied

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:36 AM

View PostKDawgCometh, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 11:35 AM, said:

its called Ironical, and I am out to ban any fan of the smiths actually, no I'm really not, i just want to see what uproar happens with that statement
good riddance, I say...
QUOTE(ajs510 @ Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 11:37 AM) View Post

Would some fine handcrafted pottery help cheer you up?

#126 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 3:35 PM, said:

I'm insulted
Would some fine handcrafted pottery help cheer you up?

#127 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts
  • Interests:flesh peddling

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

Carrottop walking into a Wendy's: Oh my god it's Wendy and she is p-issed!!!

#128 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:38 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM, said:

Someone at my forums pointed this thread out to me so I thought I would chime in. The idea that I'm "selective" about reporting my poker results is both totally false and insulting.
HA! See bitches? It WAS offensive.So Daniel...should I expect an autographed jersey? No, I'm just kidding. A quick phone call would be a fine thank you.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#129 turd ferguson

turd ferguson

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,322 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

View Postspeedz99, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM, said:

HA! See bitches? It WAS offensive.So Daniel...should I expect an autographed jersey? No, I'm just kidding. A rub and tug would be a fine thank you.
FYPP.S. I really wish he would have read the whole thing. I wonder how much he likes your avatar.

#130 LadyGrey

LadyGrey

I've never even seen this part of Pussytown before!

• Members
  • 5,912 posts
  • Interests:Napping.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:41 AM

View Postturd ferguson, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 8:40 PM, said:

FYP
I was gonna fyp it to "a quickie would be fine" but I prefer yours.
We are all so complicated, and then we die. We are a subject one day, with our vanities, our loves, our worries, and then one day, abruptly, we become nothing but an object, an absolutely disgusting pile of shit. We pass very quickly from one stage to the next. It's very bizarre. It will happen to all of us, and fairly soon too. We become an object you can handle like a stone, but a stone that was someone.
— Christian Boltanski

Religion. It's given people hope in a world torn apart by religion.
— Jon Stewart

#131 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:42 AM

So is Daniel mad at Speedz or that b-itch BArry????

#132 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,267 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

View PostLadyGrey, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 2:41 PM, said:

I was gonna fyp it to "a quickie would be fine" but I prefer yours.
wow. this was in the running with Tantalar for greatest thread ever, but I think LadyGrey and Rhinestone's avatars, combined with Hobbes' lightning-quick response to the Tritz joke cemented it.yes, i agree.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#133 DanielNegreanu

DanielNegreanu

Poker Forum Veteran

• Root Admin
  • 8,305 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 10:03 AM, said:

i wasn't going to respond since speedz' comments were obviously so tongue-in-cheek that Ronnie Mex probably has half a stiffy, but i disagree with two points in this post.firstly, it does look to me like a malicious "passive-aggressive" attack on DN. we know these guys have a history, and what Barry is doing is accusing DN of an outright lie. "selective" is one of those words your parents use so they don't have to say "lie" even though they think so.also, DN's results do matter. maybe you haven't noticed, but DN has his own website, poker site, video game, numerous media appearances, and tons of endorsements. these are muchly based on excellent poker play, demonstrated by poker results. to suggest that he is lying about how well he does at poker is a damaging suggestion.
There is no question about it, Barry's comment was malicious. His comment implies that I am not telling the whole truth about my wins and losses. What else could he mean? His comment is a subtle way of saying that he doesn't believe that I'm winning as much as I say that I'm winning in the big game. It really doesn't bother me at all, frankly, but I wanted to make it clear that my results are 100% accurate. I wonder if Barry would be willing to share his accurate results with the public as well? I HAVE to pay taxes on these winnings. By posting my results, I have to pay taxes on what I posted that I won. Do you think I'd lie and say that I won a million dollars so that I could then fork over $300,000 to Uncle Sam?
Posted Image

#134 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:46 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 11:44 AM, said:

I HAVE to pay taxes on these winnings. By posting my results, I have to pay taxes on what I posted that I won. Do you think I'd lie and say that I won a million dollars so that I could then fork over $300,000 to Uncle Sam?
agreed there. the only numbers bg seems to want to divulge is his tournament winnings. why? he send them all to charity. they're all tax write-offs. the only statement i've seen about his cash game winnings is that he thinks he's the winningest in the last decade.so why is he not divulging those numbers? hmmm, i wonder... :club:

#135 turd ferguson

turd ferguson

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 9,322 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

View PostDanielNegreanu, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 12:44 PM, said:

There is no question about it, Barry's comment was malicious. His comment implies that I am not telling the whole truth about my wins and losses. What else could he mean? His comment is a subtle way of saying that he doesn't believe that I'm winning as much as I say that I'm winning in the big game. It really doesn't bother me at all, frankly, but I wanted to make it clear that my results are 100% accurate. I wonder if Barry would be willing to share his accurate results with the public as well? I HAVE to pay taxes on these winnings. By posting my results, I have to pay taxes on what I posted that I won. Do you think I'd lie and say that I won a million dollars so that I could then fork over $300,000 to Uncle Sam?
So that's a no go on the pottery then?

#136 ajs510

ajs510

Resident Evil

• Members
  • 24,991 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

View Postturd ferguson, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 3:48 PM, said:

So that's a no go on the pottery then?
Seriously, I know a guy.

#137 keith crime

keith crime

Ron Mexico's ghostwriter

• Members
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:49 AM

If Barry wins the WSOP and gets cash, a bracelet and pottery - does the pottery also go to charity?

#138 gilmour316

gilmour316

Poker Forum Newbie

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

Oh man. What a laugh. Great thread!!! Some nice flashbacks to elementary school, especially that pont where the teacher walks back into the room and all of a sudden the chatter just dies off......... . Great stuff guys!!Have to say though speedz, it's hard not to be setting off the gaydar sporting icons like that in your posts. There's being a fan, and then there's what you're doing.

#139 HangukMiguk

HangukMiguk

I'm so scannable.

• Members
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

View Postkeith crime, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 11:49 AM, said:

If Barry wins the WSOP and gets cash, a bracelet and pottery - does the pottery also go to charity?
no, it stays and holds the leftover blood for chocula's late night snack.

#140 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:51 AM

View Postgilmour316, on Friday, June 2nd, 2006, 12:50 PM, said:

Have to say though speedz, it's hard not to be setting off the gaydar sporting icons like that in your posts.
What can I say...I am a Daniel Negreanu fan. I also enjoy hearts and telling people I love them. I don't see what's so gay about that.Homophobe.
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users