Best Online Site for Limit?

Just wondering what site people like for playing limit games. As has been discussed earlier, I think Empire and Party have a fubar algorithm to juice pots. Which sites have good selection, numbers, legitimacy, etc.?

Well Party Poker has the most "fish" thats no question, But right now I prefer Ultimate Bet, I love the site, lay-out, design and its legit. I will be spending my time on Poker Mountain once it done w/ the beta phases.

Party sites are definitely the best places. Stay away from pokerstars. Bodog has some loose games as well.I can't recommend UB at all. Yes, software is great but so what, suckers is what you want, not super software. If you're offended by a certain colour then it's possible to edit all the graphics on most sites anyway (yee girly girl u).. Ok, if you play high enough limits, say 30/60 you've got to go to these places anyway (ub, stars). If you can handle it and only play 1 table at a time (of course you can play at a different site simultaneously) play at pacific. Beware of playing below 3/6 there though, you'll get gray hairs against the hordes of fishys there.

about party poker, do you know anything about the .25/.50 limit games there? I am looking to make a 250 deposit and play that game at a site, but i am leaning towards UB right now, mostly for the ultimate points and the fact that its my main game (ie, first one I downloaded - I did play Full Tilt for a period and did very well in the 5-20 sitngos, making ITM 2 out of 3) but besides that I havent tried new sites.Also, does anyone use the poker tracker software (maybe in conjunction with Hold'em Inspector?) I just downloaded the software and may end up buying it, as I try to go about playing online poker for money in a serious manner :D-d

I use pokertracker although the only real purpose i'm using it for right now is to track how much I'm paying in rake.Wow you sure do know how to pick the wrong sites ! :)Fulltiltpoker was full of crazy tight and good players trying to grind off the 100% 600 match bonus. UB isn't exactly known for soft games either.Party doesn't have .25/.50 fixed im afraid. .5/1 fixed is as low as it goes.With a $300 bankroll you should manage that though (with the 20% deposit bonus you've got just that)If you're a complete beginner I suggest just joining pokerschoolonline and playing the play money tables there until you're a comfortable player(people play as serious as they can on psonline play money tables). Then start at .5/1.www.bodog.com has very loose fixed action. Your first step should be to learn conservative play and when to lay hands down. This is best learnt playing plenty of loose players. After that you can expand on your skills.Playing the maniacs you'll learn self control as well which is important.The prima poker network has also got pretty decent .25/.5 games. Don't get too obsessed about sites point systems. If you're looking for an extra buck just do some bonuswhoring (this is good for starter bankrolls of average players). If you're a beginner however you should try to get some time in without bonuswhoring.check www.bonuswhores.com out for info on that. It's usually 20% on a deposit, play a bit til you release your bonus and move on. However, as I mentioned when you start off stick to one place and one limit. Then when you feel that you're comfortable moving up get some bonus bankroll building in.

thanks for the rundown. I'm an above-average hold'em player in limit and online, but I think I'm better suited to a limit game - i can work through the variables much better than no-limit. That makes sense about full tilt by the way, i had forgotten about that big 100% bonus, I played very well there too, hmm. The UB games I have played do seem to be fairly good, but I havent put much money/time into them yet. When I make my deposit I dont want to have to move it around, so thanks for your opinion. So I guess I'll have to check out party - but you said the games are very solid there, right? I'm down to just grind it out, wait for the premium hands and play correctly ... a lot of Sklansky stuff in my play. Thanks again for the reply-d

If you're going textbook style partypoker is definitely the place you want to be. The games are loose and are known to have some of the worst players online. You'll be beating the fixed games if you stick to the standard game plan. Beware of the bad beats though, they will come more frequently at party, just don't get discouraged. One thing which can be fun is to spot how badly everyone plays. Realizing more and more mistakes of others is a way of realizing your own improvements. Even if NL isn't your thing there are still some relatively cheap NL tables there. There's .25/.5 NL maximum buyin $25, 6 max and full table. These are good to learn No limit on, competition is soft.Be sure to take advantage of Matt Hilgers free book offer when you signup on partypoker!http://www.internettexasholdem.com/poker-b...s-hold-em-book/You'll get a solid internet limit holdem free book which I recommend reading (autographed!) + your deposit bonus.

I have to also recommend Party/Empire. The games are very loose (especially on the weekends) even up to 5-10. Many players will call a pot down with any pair or any draw.

For loose/weak, I like Party up to $5-$10, but the $10-$20 table is really tight, but then the $15-$30 table is loose again. If you have the bankroll, Party $15-$30 is excellent. Lots of overly agressive players, who will cap heads up on draws.Ultimate bet is great short handed. I love $3-$6 limit 6 seated @ Ultimate Bet. For no limit, Poker Room has some big money tables with very high avg pot sizes, but I for small NL games, you can make consistent money @ Party poker $25 max buy in NL tables. You won't break the bank either.