2010 Goals Thread

To be bumped at a later datePost your goals (can be poker or non-poker related).Poker-Be rolled to play $20-30 tourneys without depositing all the time. Work my way up to that limit instead of praying on a big score.-WIN a tourney with 500+ players.-Play in UBOC, FTOPs, SCOOP, and WCOOP events this year.-By next September, be a frequent player in the Sundays. Qualify if needed.Non-Poker-Get down to 180 pounds or my BMI down to a healthy number.-Advance in my job.-Get out of the house more in general.That is all for now. More to come later probably. Good luck all in the end of 2009, and into 2010.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poker - 100 to 10,000 over the summer via $40 sit n gosNon Poker - Graduate, give my car a successful $50 pain job, read more fictional books

PokerBe better than lurbz. Not looking good.In all seriousness I'll make some as it gets closer...it's tough making solid goals for MTTs but I'll give it a shot.

PokerBe better than lurbz. Not looking good.In all seriousness I'll make some as it gets closer...it's tough making solid goals for MTTs but I'll give it a shot.
meh not getting into pissing match but there's games where i have a monster edge on you, just as late stage MTTs you prob have monster edge on me, w/eanyway, goals:POKER:Supernova 2010$1250 staking roll by end of year$24k profit by end of year (overall) <--- This is post-backer-split. Cash and MTTs are 100% my cut tho, SNGs are the only thing I'm backed for (for now)Begin 25NL/50NL 6-9-12 tabling in addition to 18/45/180 man SNGsEDIT: Be backed for $36/180s and $27/$60 45s by SeptemberWork on NLHE MTT lategame skills, make 10 FTs with limited volumeWin the $22 HU 3k or 5k probably monthly2nd EDIT: Sharkscope Leaderboard in at minimum one category.3rd EDIT: NO CHATBANS ALL YEARNON POKER:Get school back in order as I bombed this semester30 pushups + 100 crunches a dayTake till end of February to get old GF back or get over itBulk up to 155/160 lbsI may add more later but that's the start.

poker:make $15k presplit (although i'm not huge on setting profit numbers for goals)only playing when i'm focused and not tirednot tiltingbreaking less than 5 mouses per monthplay a few sunday millions and some other bigger tourneys that i'm not used toolife goals:get better grades (although this is inversely related to poker volume, sigh)get in shapeplay bball 3 times a weekget a good job for the summer

poker:make $15k presplit (although i'm not huge on setting profit numbers for goals)only playing when i'm focused and not tirednot tiltingbreaking less than 5 mouses per monthplay a few sunday millions and some other bigger tourneys that i'm not used toolife goals:get better grades (although this is inversely related to poker volume, sigh)get in shapeplay bball 3 times a weekget a good job for the summer
imo start this at 8 and remove one every 3 months

Sooooooo...2010 is around the corner and I'm prepared for a HUGE year, both poker-wise, as well as life.Poker-Goals:- Read at least once a week about a different strategy concept- Profit 100k- FT a major- Play about 3 wsop events- Play more live- Get back into cash games (HU in particular)- Be able to play hsmtts regularlyLife- Goals:- Get an internship- Get a degree- Start working out- Pick a place to live once I graduate (I really want to move out to the west coast or something, and am 100% going to do it when I graduate)- Be happy with myself when I'm down- Always to know that things will always get better

Get to averaging 40k hands a month (likely my hardest goal as I have massive motivation issues)Play 5/10 NL regularly and take shots as high as 25/50200k profitGo running a few times a week with gfGet a 3.5 last semester and graduate (probably my easiest goal)

Wanna know how I know your gay....
ya ya i know im an idiotit was a really good friend of mine tho and i didn't want shit to be awkward from then on

POKER - Grow my poker bar league business to 8 weekly events (2 events per 4 nights) averaging at least 25 people per event. Generate $24K revenue in 2010.NON POKER - not sure yet

I don't want to get as detailed on goals this year because so much changes from the beginning of the year to the end.But I want to put in better volume. And make half a million.

Sooooooo...2010 is around the corner and I'm prepared for a HUGE year, both poker-wise, as well as life.Poker-Goals:- Read at least once a week about a different strategy concept- Profit 100k- FT a major- Play about 3 wsop events- Play more live- Get back into cash games (HU in particular)- Be able to play hsmtts regularlyLife- Goals:- Get an internship- Get a degree- Start working out- Pick a place to live once I graduate (I really want to move out to the west coast or something, and am 100% going to do it when I graduate)- Be happy with myself when I'm down- Always to know that things will always get better
You, me and k2o8 move in together one time.

Poker-Play less Holdem and concentrate on mix games. I have -ROI in holdem but +ROI in Horse and 8 Game. - Try and qualify for another TV poker event. - Play in the Horse, SCOOP and WCOOP events next year.Non-Poker- There are many things I would like to do but I can't see anything comparing to the birth of my twins sometime in Spring/Summer 2010.