Hey y'allI took up cribbage a few months ago and am just now beginning to study board / positional strategy. I'm having trouble understanding the concept though. I know that, ideally, you want to reach positional holes before your opponent, but I'm still not sure how to use this to my advantage in determining when to play on or off.Anyone here know something about board strategy?

Hey y'allI took up cribbage a few months ago and am just now beginning to study board / positional strategy. I'm having trouble understanding the concept though. I know that, ideally, you want to reach positional holes before your opponent, but I'm still not sure how to use this to my advantage in determining when to play on or off.Anyone here know something about board strategy?
Cribbage is not about board strategy, in my humble opinion. You want to maximize your points at all times. Whomever pegs last is the winner, you don''t want to throw away points to promote a "position"Now if you want to talk about discard strategy, then by all means ask away.
Cribbage is not about board strategy, in my humble opinion. You want to maximize your points at all times. Whomever pegs last is the winner, you don''t want to throw away points to promote a "position"Now if you want to talk about discard strategy, then by all means ask away.
Discard strategy's fairly basic, but I must say that the experts disagree with your analysis. Most, like Colvert and Chambers, argue that your pegging and discarding should depend always on board positioning. This means that it is disadvantageous to play aggressively in some circumstances - for example, should you be at 114*-108, you would do all that you could do to prevent pone from pegging - avoiding 15s, pairs, runs, and assorted traps - because you likely have enough to go out with your hand, the crib, and last card. End game is where board strategy's most obvious and recognizable. However, this strategy should exist at all stages in the game, and it is there where I need help. What I want is someone who knows this strategy to help clarify it for me and break it down at a practical level. I've got the beginning and end down, 1st and 4th street - it's 2nd and 3rd where I'm confused.
Discard strategy's fairly basic, but I must say that the experts disagree with your analysis. Most, like Colvert and Chambers, argue that your pegging and discarding should depend always on board positioning. This means that it is disadvantageous to play aggressively in some circumstances - for example, should you be at 114*-108, you would do all that you could do to prevent pone from pegging - avoiding 15s, pairs, runs, and assorted traps - because you likely have enough to go out with your hand, the crib, and last card. End game is where board strategy's most obvious and recognizable. However, this strategy should exist at all stages in the game, and it is there where I need help. What I want is someone who knows this strategy to help clarify it for me and break it down at a practical level. I've got the beginning and end down, 1st and 4th street - it's 2nd and 3rd where I'm confused.
This is hilarious. By far the funniest exchange of the day for me.