September Goals

Time for a new month, even though I'm sad to see August go, I look forward to September. I'm turning 30 on Friday which I know puts me in the "over the hill" club with Rdog around here, but I hope that brings a little luck with it. I started playing hu August 1st at $50nl with a roll of 2k, as of today I'm at just over 3700 edit - $4k late night rally ftw - so I'm obv VERY happy with almost doubling through over the month. Starting for September I'll be playing 100nl pretty much exclusively, maybe mixing in some plo here and there for a break. Here we come September!!

August goals: Play when I can but don't put pressure on myself. Learn HU no limit holdem. Get better every session. Review my hands and play styles. Pay attention to the advice of those better than myself. Profit. I hope to get in 10-15k hands, but as I've said I'm not going to be upset if I fall short of that. I'm only single tabling at this point. Focus on getting good, then add another table.
Learn HU: CheckGet better every session: Still working on itReview: CheckPay attention to advice: CheckProfit: Check -- 15k hands at >10ptbb/10015k hands: CheckAdded table: CheckVery happy with how the month went - just went through PT3 and realized I only had 4 losing days all month. Lets keep that up for Sept.Graph:fullmonthvm1.jpgSeptember goals: 20k hands at $100nl. Profit. Continue learning, reviewing, improving. The numbers can take care of themselves.late night edit -- made it to 4k before month end!! ships!
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice Brent, awesome results.I'm still interested in trying HU when the BR allows - Been wondering, how many hours play did it take to rack up 15K hands HU?I'll post up my stuff later after i've finished playing

I played the first 5k hands or so just single tabling, so that slowed things down. The last 10k didn't take long at all once I added in a second table. PT3 shows that I put in 67.75 hours at the table for a profit of $24.53/hr this past month.

End of the month for me. Made goldstar, went to AC twice, and played a bunch of PLO on stars. Finished the month up $8k, which is my biggest month, but I def. feel like I made some monster errors along the way that could've added up to make this month way better. I ended up making 10k from pokerstars plo, but losing 1k live and 1k on FTP, and I prob left a few thousand on stars playing opponents better than me while tilted. Goals for September: Keep grinding the low stakes PLO games, which seems like a better way for me to be playing, given I'm not too happy with the swings I have to deal with at 200PLO and above. I definitely wanna hit platinum star and I'd like to have a relatively calm month, so I think putting in enough hands to hit 500VPPs a day should be a decent goal for me.edit: also, I think it'd be awesome if I could get my sharkscope graph positive

Made $209 in august in limited play (less than 4k hands), almost all at 1/2 LHE. Managed to keep silver star on PS by 3 points. Barely played due to 2 weeks of vacation and having a friend move in with me.Goals for September are play 500 hands a day and let the results take care of themselves. I hope to move up to 2/4 and make goldstar, but I'll play within my roll and just try to get my hands in. This will be my first 10k hand month.

Well, I spent most of the month moving my money around, only played about 7k 6max hands and lost 8 buyins. Finally got my $ on FTilt but they froze my account and I had to send them ID and shit, and now they're obv taking forever to reactivate it. So for now Im just donking around on Stars with what I have left, gonna try and run it up to a decent amount while waiting on the awesome support @ FT. I did manage to qualify for 3 WCOOP events so I hope I can do well in those. Sept goals:-30k hands-$700 profit from 25NL/50NL 6max-$500 profit from SNGs on stars-Own in my 3 WCOOP events

I <3 August - I continued to fair well in 10nl leading to me taking a shot @25nl alot earlier than I expected, it's gone really well (tho I had a sick downswing not long after I started it where if i'd dropped another BI I would've moved back down). Managed to comeback and im really happy with how it's gone. I'm actually rolled for a shot @ 50nl but have decided to stay and put in another week or 2 maybe and resharpen up, feel like i've become complacent and not as focused.August Goals:- 9K or so hands, i'm not a big stickler for this target, more important to feel i'm playing well and improve[x] did alot more than expected. 17k- +3bb/100[x][x2] Mucho chuffed at the rate i've got, some is probably good running tho I don't have a PEV graph- Learn more, hopefully rail/get railed[x] Been and had a few rails, think i still have more to learn by a longway- Maybe sign up for Deuces Cracked[x] Did the week free and it's freaking awesome, far *far* better than PVT and much better that CR for cash- Eliminate more leaks[?]- Watch some more PokerVT, try and stomach the maths section[ ] Fail, it's boring. I've downloaded the DC stuff n gonna try that- +75$ w/o rakeback[x] Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee. See GraphCombined 10nl + 25NL, prolly ahead about 10$ more as I had a quick invincible session @ flipsaugust.jpgStatsaugstats.jpgSeptember Goals:-10K hands-Maybe try 50NL-5bb/100-Profit-Watch more DC vids, maths 6max and start HU

Great results Rob, you put me to shame. FWIW, I would look to be a tad more cautious about thinking of taking a shot at $50NL. Trying to get out of $10NL as fast as possible is definitely the right move as the rake is killer and you're obviously a winner, but I think it would definitely work out better for you if you played another month at $25NL and had a big cushion before moving up. 11k hands isn't that much, and getting another 14k under your belt would put you in a really good spot for an assault up the ladder into the real limits.My results for August were terrible, up $300 and something at the end of it all, but I was up almost double that about 5 days ago before I lost 10 buy-ins in less than 1K hands at $25NL so it's obviously disapointing to be back at square two. I got in 10k hands at the limit and won at 3BB/100 hands which is ****ing abysmal. I also spewed off $60 at 1/2 HULHE thinking I can actualy play the game, and spewed of another $30 or so in tourney entries into tourneys I really couldn't be bothered playing in. Even more disapointing that i've been only slightly more than break even over the past two months in which I had no school and plenty of time to play. At the start of last summer I was hoping I could make a real effort, get in a ton of hands and improve loads, but it seemed as always all i've done is sat on my ass all day and acheived jack shit. Oh well.Goals for September-10K hands$125 profitNO TOURNEYSNO 1/2NO PLAYING WHEN NOT FOCUSEDReview hands watch videos etcI wish I could get more hands in, but i'm starting school again and I'm 100% commited to getting the best grades this year so poker is sadly going to have to take a backseat if I get a lot of homework or fall behind in maths.GL everybody

Explain how that is abysmal. Seriously.
It's not PTBB, and it puts my lifetime $25NL winrate at somewhere around .5/100 over 35k odd hands that I can remember. I know I know it's better than losing, but I just hate not winning what I think I should be winning, and what I aim to win in the future.Plus i'm a whiny bitch and just lost ten buy ins in the last 3 days.Onwards an upwards!

Deposited $240 on PS yesterday had $35 so BR online at start of yesterday was $275 cashed for $60 in the 30K and won 24BB at $1 LHE. so i am around $350 going into Aug.Goals:1. Play 8-10K hands for the month at $1 LHE around 7K hands at $1LHE but about 20K Hnads total for month2. play 30-50 MTTs anywhere from $15-micro limits. Check3. build BR to $500 Nope had my 1st 2000> players MTT FT. got 3rd for around $450 was up to around 1K cashed 1/2 out for live. Now down to around $1254. Look in to investing in PT3 and a Laptop or a better 2nd monitor for desktop. No PT3 I bought a laptop (love it) then my desktop i use for work crashed so i just spent 2gs on a new Computer. i am excited to get it, it has intel core 2 quad prossesor, 2-640gb hard drives 3-22" monitors.I also acheived silver star.Sept goals.1. 10K+ hands2. 30-50 MTTS again3. BR $125 into $200+4. maintain silver star5. play 5 of the 210FPP satts where 6 of 20 make the $11T to play mtts with.

Ok, August results:NLHE0808NLHE.jpgPLO0808PLO.pngIncluding all RB+bonuses that's about +$1800 for the month.September goals:1) >10k hands2) More tables more often (higher MT ratio)That's all really. I just want to increase volume. If I make more money then great, but that's not important. I just want to be putting in the actual hours.

was supposed to do 50k hands for $25kactually played 50k hands for $22kmostly my fault because i was so reluctant to play above 10/20, and 90% of my hands were at 3/6 and 5/10.ive got the same goals for september. 50k hands, $25k.hopefully a lot more 10/20 and 15/30 (if not 30/60)

AUGUST

JulyJuly2008.pngAugust Goals1) Lose less in non-showdown pots Success2) Lose a lot less in non-showdown pots Failure3) $200 profit, without rakeback Failure, but it was a silly goal4) 10,000 hands Success5) Continue discussing hands on AIM/ MSN/ Skype & Mikogo, but do so for more spots and in more detail. Success6) Purchase another CardRunners day pass without sleeping for half of it, and try and get a DeucesCracked week pass Success7) Seriously consider a subscription to CardRunners or DeucesCracked Success(not implemented yet)8) Continue implementing learnings into play, and ensuring they stay there Moderate9) Don't get fancy in plays and remember the need to keep it basic. Failure since I did it, albeit for a short period10) Go nuts at Leeds Festival and Amsterdam Success
Okay, so in August I finally moved to $25 full time. I got off to a nice start there, and then I started spewing like a total idiot. For some reason, I totally left behind all my discipline at $10nl and reverted to my old ways. I think this came from me trying to loosen up, but it's just not me forté at the moment. I think I'll just gradually work on this one with guidance from others. I got lucky to hit a nice upswing to regain spewed losses (it's notable on the graph). I then spewed in one pot today, but I'd like to think that I've recognised this now, and so will be on top of it at all times.2) As with all my other months posted with goals, I once again lost way too much in non-showdown pots. Since this problem won't go away, I'm going to strongly ask around; read; watch - whatever I need to do to fix this massive leak. I also intend on getting a few perspectives on this so I can see what works for me. I mean, everyone's game's different so not all fixes will work well for me, but the more I try, the better chance I have of finding a plug.4) I knew I didn't have the time to play as many hands as I would have liked. I had only gotten in 7,500 by 25th August, but then I had a free week so tried to compensate for the lack of playing, which I'm satisfied with. 9) I honestly think this is the biggest flaw in micro-stake players. If you just keep it simple and basic, you will win money. It's a simple fact. If you try to outplay your opponents in every other hand, you are going to lose money. A few people I've spoken with have made reference to this fact after falling victim to it themselves. This is linked to goal 5) which I really think is going well. Rob's very successful month is a nice inspiration (although his "downswing" occured upon my return when I think about it. Hm...) Anyways, my fellow Manc. and I were fortunate to move up at the same time, so that's a nice bonus.August-1.pngSeptemberOkay new month and all that. Last month of my summer as I go back to university on 20th September and from there I'll be able to play substanitally less. I intend on putting in a mass before then, but there's one notable fact that was my overall plan for $25. I am now playing $25, which is the level I think I belong at financially. That being said, I intend on staying at $25 for an undetermined amount of time. King and Bull seemed to whiz through $25 and are now playing comfortably rolled for $50, and Rob (Giggidy) is prepared for it (although I have recommended he stay at $25 for longer). These aspirations to move up are great, and hopefully one day I will, but it wil probably be if I'm way over-rolled for it. That means that I'm not playing to primarily build my bankroll anymore, I'm instead playing to make money for cashing out. This is just how I like it :)Okay, so that's my September goal: make some money to cash out and use until I get my student loan . In order to improve the success of this goal, though, a few factors should be adhered to:1) Fix that stupid, frickin' leak of mine that is non-sd pots. I mean, come on! It's ridiculous now!!2) Don't be a spewtard monkey. Don't float people with no hand; don't raise 97o UTG; don't do things without reason!3) Think through and assign ranges to hands as they occur, not from HHs. We get time to think things through, so why shouldn't we?3) Own souls at $25.4) Expand my game through some DC videos (this requires Rob's help)5) Speak to a wider range of players to expand learnings.6) Make more posts regarding hands and general strategy on here.7) Tempt death during Fresher's week at least twice.Good luck to every one else!

-20k hands at 25PLO/50PLO depending on the bankroll-watch more vids on CR about PLO and post more PLO hands-don't skip class to play XBOX360-be profitable in tournaments

Shippppppppp what is by far my best month ever!august-1.jpg+~$2700 in bonus/rakeback/rakeback race/credit exchange----------------------------------------------------------------------~$10.5k profitAlso made Diamond Elite VIP level, which should translate into roughly $600/month extra profit for each of the next 3 months.Ended up playing mostly 100NL & 200NL, with some strict 400NL table selection (which I have realized I should not be playing, so no 400NL hands in September at all!). Overall, very happy with my play, except for this past 8k hands or so where I was mega-tabling to attain the VIP status, and I am not good at that. Ran a bit under EV during that last stretch too, but I was a giant POW and just had to pay to see how Villain 3 outed me, etc. Nonetheless, no more playing on that may tables for a good long while.September goals:- 50k hands at 100NL and 200NL- Table select very well- Not one single hand at 400NL- make sure to spend enough time watching videos/reading, as I stopped doing that towards the end of this monthAgain, no monetary goals, just keep getting better (altho another 5 figure month would be pretty cool. :club:)

August goals1) Make a profit playing 200-300 $22 sngs. ROI of 18-20 would be great. So far down 4.5 buyins after 30. For sure getting the worst of it, so I should still be profitable at that level.Fail, down about $100, although I have around 15-17 ROI after my last 90. I think I'm adjusting to the $22 level. September should be better.2) Take a shot in the $75K tourney on AP.Fail. I was going to tonight, but some stuff came up. If September goes well, I'll take a shot at the end of the month.3) Concentrate in playing $50 nl cash.Success. Playing decent, making my 6-7bb per 100.4) play 5-10 $3 rebuy tournaments Final table at least 1.Final tabled two, taking 2nd and 3rd. Still have yet to win a tournament. Also have only cashed probably once in the last 15 tournaments I've played in, kinda annoying.5) Total profit - $1,000 Success - profit - $1020.September goalsGoing back to school and MAY need to liquidate my bankroll to pay for a car:( But assuming I can work something less expensive out:1) 200 $22 sngs2) 1000-3000 hands of $50 nl3) 5-10 rebuy/deep stack tournaments4) If playing well, take a shot at $75K tournament5) Profit - $500-$1000 (depending on demands of school)

August ResultsCross posted from challenge threadThis game is dumb, and I'm dumb. Just finished one of the most pointless sessions ever. 5.something K hands. Played one guy for absolutely ages, and pretty much broke even because we paid like 3 buyins in rake. **** that was dumb.This month suckedI really really wanted to end even for the month, but instead just destroyed my bb/100. Also 9k VPP which is frustrating. August can SMD. Bring on Sept.

levelname		   | hands_played |   won	| vpip  |  pfr  | bb_100 --------------------+--------------+----------+-------+-------+-------- NLHE($1) - 6 max	|		 2429 |	 -2.5 | 23.51 | 20.79 |   -0.1 NLHE($0.50) - 2 max |		 3333 |   457.25 | 36.45 | 33.75 |  27.44 NLHE($2) - 6 max	|		 8501 |  -442.45 | 23.22 | 20.22 |   -2.6 NLHE($1) - 2 max	|		14144 |   1685.5 | 40.96 | 38.28 |  11.92 NLHE($2) - 2 max	|		 2047 | -2497.95 | 41.87 |  38.2 | -61.01 Total			   |		30454 |  -800.15 | 34.19 | 31.34 |

August08.pngSeptember Goals - 100% 100nl HU - Make a freakin' awesome Science Revue

This month is going to be a set up for grinding.Goals:Start working full time and think about getting a 2nd part time job.Buy PT3/HUDGet a subscription to either Card Runners or Deuces CrackedPay off 500 in debtPlay any hands at all in anythinggg.Any profit I'll be happy with this month.
I did start working full time and I make a decent wage for my area. Probably won't be getting a 2nd job.I'm having problems with my HEM and if I don't get that working soon I'm just going to get PT2, which supports Absolute.I've downloaded over 40 videos and watched about 30.I made an arrangement to start paying my debt in October. That'll allow me to build up some money/roll before I start paying out.I had 1.64 in my stars account and tried to run that up to 100 and cash out. I had 80 when I got coolered for most of it with QQ < 85 AIPF. Now I have roughly 20 on stars and I'll probably try to go deep in a donkament and cash out/or bust.I got staked in a couple live 20r tournaments and cashed a few times. Not up more than 100 though.Goals:Deposit 750 on Absolute by Sept 10.at least 4 table 25nl 6maxStart going to the gym again. It's been a couple months since I've regularly worked out.20k handsMake 25nl my bitch and be able to play 50nl by October 1st.

Cross posted from Challenge thread

So goals for August:1. Dont tilt :D Play 50 nl and if I drop 3 BIs drop back down to 25nl and rebuild.3. Play as many GOOD hrs as possible, with no trips this month and an easier work schedule hopefully I will get in at least 30k hands, if not thats ok4. If things go well hopefully be rolled with 30BIs for 100nlUpward graphs for everyone in August :ts:D
August was a fairly good month for me, besides the 14k break even stretch, but im pretty satisfied with how it went. Moved to 50nl and did fairly well, just didnt get in the volume that I would like. I also took a shoot at 100nl following a fish that played so so bad but i ended up dropping 2 BIs there. Augustgraph.jpgAuguststats.jpgResults:+960 from NLH+145 from fpp sats+150 or so from 1/2 O8Bship the +1K month bring Br to $2600September Goals:1. Log as many hands as possible, something around 40k. But if Im not in the right mind set DONT PLAY :4h reach Platinum star, almost got there this month, I know I can make it this month3. start incorporating one 100nl table in with my 50nl tables till Im fully rolled to move up.4. Make good decisions, dont have results based thinking5. Open a DC account 6. Get as much out of my coaching session/s as possible7. Dont Tilt.Let us all make September our Bitch :club:

July:

Well, that was, err fun. julytotallc1.jpgI definately learnt a lot though, so the month hasn't been a complete waste. Roll = around $44 So the plan is to grind SNG's until I can get back to properly playing $10NL and moving to FTPGoals for August:
  • Play 15k hands Cash Fail, about 4k
  • Around 3BB/100 Err, no
  • Work on video recording idea/railing/aim and all that Fail
  • Run goot at sng's one timeSuccess

I'm really tired so I'm not going to go into specifics. But basically spent a long long time this month with SNG's, just generally mucking around and slowly grinding a profit. Finally unlazified myself and went off to FTP to play some $10NL and won some then lost some and I think I'm done about 5 BI's and really need to work on geting my game back into cash mode.
  • Play 40k hands Cash
  • No BB rate, just play as well as possible