Can someone please explain exactly what folding Equity means.I hear the term used a lot when referring to AK.
Its like this...noob, (jk)This is a simple example...When you have a hand like AK and you miss the flop, say the flop is**2-J-7**You have no pair. You can sometimes make a continuation bet on this flop, and get a hand like 99-88-66, or A7 to fold. You are betting the worst hand, but getting a better hand to fold. That is fold equity. When you can bet a lesser hand and get someone to fold a better one. Of course if you put your opponent on a small or mid pair this is a perfet time to consider fold equity.

Corporation isn't really right.It's much much more abstract than that.He's just talking about bluffing.Pot equity refers to your share of the pot, IE, if we have AA vs KK in a $100 pot, our equity is 82%. This means that, in the long run, we will win $82 each time we play this pot.Fold equity is just an increase in your pot equity based on the chance that you can make your opponent fold the best hand, as in his AK vs small pair case.- Zach

Corporation isn't really right.It's much much more abstract than that.He's just talking about bluffing.Pot equity refers to your share of the pot, IE, if we have AA vs KK in a $100 pot, our equity is 82%. This means that, in the long run, we will win $82 each time we play this pot.Fold equity is just an increase in your pot equity based on the chance that you can make your opponent fold the best hand, as in his AK vs small pair case.- Zach
I know that it is, I was bringing it to simple terms with a simple example. Fold equity was the question, and I was just trying to make it as simple as possible, that's all. Go read my post in general, (not this general, the general general) I made a shoutout to you! "I set a record" Go read it!. Its funny because it even refers to this post, somehow.
I know that it is, I was bringing it to simple terms with a simple example. Fold equity was the question, and I was just trying to make it as simple as possible, that's all. Go read my post in general, (not this general, the general general) I made a shoutout to you! "I set a record" Go read it!. Its funny because it even refers to this post, somehow.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
LOL, You know the "general" forum at the way bottom. It isn't general poker, just GENERAL, in general? Go to that one and read, I made a thread.
Off Topic General, that's what I meant to say, lol. Go check it out. And everyone else here that wants some enjoyment.
LOL, You know the "general" forum at the way bottom. It isn't general poker, just GENERAL, in general? Go to that one and read, I made a thread.Off Topic General, that's what I meant to say, lol. Go check it out. And everyone else here that wants some enjoyment.
what? I'm lost.

Folding equity Added equity in the fact that your opp will fold to your bet, and you will the pot. Used alot in tournaments. Hoyt Corkins is a good example. He can push all in alot because he has folding equity. This is why its so important to be aggressive, because when your opponent folds, you win whats in the pot 100% of the time.

Folding equity Added equity in the fact that your opp will fold to your bet, and you will the pot. Used alot in tournaments. Hoyt Corkins is a good example. He can push all in alot because he has folding equity. This is why its so important to be aggressive, because when your opponent folds, you win whats in the pot 100% of the time.
Partially right!Fold equity is when you have enough chips/ money to make the other players fold.