Music fans

I'm a huge music fan, I play guitar (bass, electric, and acoustic) and the drums. My favorite bands are Sublime and Counting Crows. Any other Crows fans out there? Walkaways is my fav.I think there is a direct corralation with your style of play and what type of music you listen to...call me crazy. What types of music do yall like, and who plays it the best?I also love country, George Straight is the man.

Well WRTO During my tenure posting with Card Player, I started a thread Similar to this, What type of music do people listen to while they play. Personally I listen to everything, I mean everything! From top 20, to Jonny Lang, Jack Johnson, Dave, Mayer, Linkin Park, Hot Action Cop, Taking Back Sunday, Something Corporate, Some Rap... Nelly and a few others, And I love country. What do I listen to while playing poker though, Honestly, some people might laugh and fall out of there chair, but Techno.... I am not even lying, it leaves me even-keel and I don't get rushed by the music, I don't own an iPod yet, but can't wait until a little bit after christmas when I am buying one because it will be easier than carrying my CD Case around :)So lets get that going, because it is a direct correlation like you said, especially listening to fast music while you play (ussually play more pots) compared to slower or more steady music (you can be more relaxed not as excited).

Like JWeb, I listen to everything too, from classical to classic rock to alternative, heavy metal and mood music [like pure moods and celtic etc]. I love Christmas music too :D Right now I'm listening to a collection of Xmas tunes, but generally I like to listen to various artists while playing. I usually go for something rock based or classical. If I am in the rock mood my latest medley has been Breaking Benjamin, Crossfade, Jimmi Eat World and the new Greenday album. When I listen to Classical I generally just grab a whole list from my Classical directory and put it on random.I don't have any preference either way, it just depends on what kinda mood I am in.

And the men who hold high placesMust be the ones to startTo mould a new realityCloser to the heartThe blacksmith and the artistReflect it in their artForge their creativityCloser to the heartPhilosophers and ploughmenEach must know his partTo sow a new mentalityCloser to the heartYou can be the captainI will draw the chartSailing into destinyCloser to the heart

Anything original? I'm over in Scotland, anything I should look out for on the rock and roll side of things, No counting crows rubbish though, red hot chilli peppers-ish mabee?Here's a couple of excelent british exports heading your way. Trust me check them out.FRANZ FERDINAND!!! (seriously, the best (Scottish) band EVER, guirar riffs are so original and cool)Darkness (awsome live)The Killers (yes, there american but so were the white stripes and we found them too)U2 (the new album rocks, back to almost there best [No joshua tree tho])AndOn the easy listening front Jamie Cullums pretty good

LED ZEPPELIN BEST ROCK AND ROLL GROUP OF ALL ETERNITYI would sacrifice a royal flush to have gotten to see them perform live in their heyday. A lot of their songs happen to be long/winding epics (Stairway/Kashmir/Dazed and Confused/Since I've Been Loving You) etc. just like a NL tournament is a long, winding epic with ups and downs.I'm not a HUGE Aerosmith fan, I do like a lot of their songs, but for some reason, when I'm down in a tourney and I double-up I always have the song "I'm Back in the saddle again" in my head. lol. That's exactly how I feel.. back in the saddle.. back in control with room to work with.

What do I listen to while playing poker though, Honestly, some people might laugh and fall out of there chair, but Techno.... I am not even lying, it leaves me even-keel and I don't get rushed by the music
so true. I was actually just talking about this with some of my friends in school... Our teacher asked us if we wanted any music for exams to help us concentrate. All of my friends (and me) HATE techno music, but if you are trying to concentrate, theres nothing better than it. Something about techno just forces you to concentrate

Red_Foot_solider said-FRANZ FERDINAND!!! (seriously, the best (Scottish) band EVER, guirar riffs are so original and cool)Darkness (awsome live)The Killers (yes, there american but so were the white stripes and we found them too)I reply- UH ........ The Faint especially "Dance Macabre". what band do you think the killers want to be? yes, THE FAINT! i think most new bands want to be The Faint lately.other odd sugggestion in no timely fashion.lollita storm: u wanna get ur azzz kicked by some girls?Limbo Maniacs: old but funnier that the chilli peppersThe Refused: man band poltics have destrotyed some good musicodd ps: anyone know the london hip hopster DMX CREW thats funny stuff..i could go on but thats enough for now......btw..im in the states and Scottish too

Well, I listen to really everything except Emo/Indie music (The Strokes, Mars Volta... etc. in fact I'm very against that whole emo/indie genre) and I'm not a big fan of Country music. I do like most rock music, and I love classical. Kind of odd yeah, but my play lists consist of Korn, Bach, Beethoven, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, The Prodigy, Elvis, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Godsmack, Greenday, Guns & Roses, Jay Z, KMFDM, Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Obie Trice, Out Kast, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snoop Dogg, Sublime, Mozart and there are a plethora of MANY others. So to narrow it down I listen to Rock, Rap Classical, Alt. Rock, Metal, some R&B, Oldies, Classic Rock (Jimmy Hendrix is the man), Techno, Electric, Industrial. I listen to a lot...

First off, Wrot...you are the nuts sir if you love George Strait as much as I do. He also is the nuts. Give me Marina Del Ray and Fool Hearted Memory and I can play some serious poker. I also like a lot of Texas country that you have to live in Texas to know like Robert Earl Keens, Jerry Jeff Walker and Johhny Rodriguez. As for the Nashville scene, Alan Jackson, Alabama and Randy Travis, its all good. But definitly, King Goerge is the man...I mean 50 #1 hits on the Country charts, thats like making 50 Royal Flushes in your poker career. As for rock.....I like classic stuff like Metallica, Led, Def and the greatest rock band ever, AC/DC. :twisted: "You got to have an ace in the hole"-Gerorge Strait

Ok guys, I know you probably won't agree, but my lastest favorite artist is Melissa Auf Der Maur. Check out http://www.aufdermaur.com/video.html to see her videos. She use to play bass for Hole and the Smashing Pumpkins. I bought her CD and brought it to work. Can you believe someone swiped it? :x Anyway, I mainly listen to Alternative rock, my favorite being from the late 80s and early 90s. I love Nirvana, STP, Concrete Blonde, REM and Collective Soul. As far as newer stuff, there isn't much that has really grabbed me but I will say that I really like Flickerstick. I saw them about 4 years ago on VH1's Bands on the Run. I would love to see them get some good exposure. They are really good. I love to listen to my own radio station at Launch Cast at Yahoo. If you want to check it out, it is under spoonf. It's usually on loud when playing online. :D

I am the nuts, youngblood. 8)Live by the music, die by the music"You gotta know when to hold'em (when to hold'em), you gotta know when to fold'em (when to fold'em)."-Kenny Rogers"Got to have an ace in the whole, little secret that nobody knows...don't put it all on the line for just one roll. You got to have an ace in the whole."-Mr. George Straight.Too funny, man. Didn't think there'd be any other country fans out there. To each his own. I here they came out with another cd by George Straight. Suppose to have all 50 of the greates hits. oughtta get it, buddy, unless you already have it.As for rock n roll, I still have to have a little country in it. Grateful dead, Counting Crows, Led Zepplin (They know when to rock...and when to roll...like noone else). And for those of you that have never heard'em before, listen to some goddamn sublime. It appeals to everyone. Seriously! Anyone diggs these guys, all you have to do is listen once. It's got it all...rap, rock, country, techno, reagge (however in the hell thats spelt)...it's got it all. Do yourself a favor and listen to some SUBLIME.

"Know when to walk away, know when to run.""You never count your money, while sittin at the table, they'll be time enough for that son, when the dealing is done." -Kenny Rodgers

I like Counting Crows, my favorite song being "Perfect Blue Buildings. Can't stand rock and roll for the most part. I do like Radiohead's "Creep"... very good song. Mostly I'm a fan of classical piano music and jazz though.While playing poker I have a fairly short playlist of songsClaude Debussy - ReverieClaude Debussy - La MerClaude Debussy - Claire de LuneBeethoven - Moonlight Sonata(Full Length)Beethoven - Fur EliseBrahms - Violin Concerto in D MajorMiles Davis - Blue in GreenMiles Davis Autumn LeavesNorah Jones - Day is DoneNorah Jones - Peace

• 9 months later...

I love a lot of different music but a couple jump out right now...1) Rufus Wainwright - I wish I was smart enough to explain his music. Sometimes his voice sounds very good. Other times it sounds so bad it's equally as good. I believe he's from Canada and both his parents are in the opera or something. Anyway it's kinda weird but truly awesome IMHO.2) James - About the same as Wainwright except his voice usually sounds good good not bad good. Make sense? Their most popular song ever was Laid which was a decent song but not near their best.

I love most kinds of music. Metal mainly. I play the electric guitar but I still suck at it. And I don't like Country but I can dig some Techno.
why are you so stupid? stop bringing up old ass topics when there have been more recent ones made on the exact same issues.
I love most kinds of music.  Metal mainly.  I play the electric guitar but I still suck at it.  And I don't like Country but I can dig some Techno.
why are you so stupid? stop bringing up old ass topics when there have been more recent ones made on the exat same issues.
LOL! I like "old ass" topics as well as the new ones. If I don't like a topic, I don't respond. Try it Don!
I love most kinds of music.  Metal mainly.  I play the electric guitar but I still suck at it.  And I don't like Country but I can dig some Techno.
why are you so stupid? stop bringing up old ass topics when there have been more recent ones made on the exat same issues.
LOL! I like "old ass" topics as well as the new ones. If I don't like a topic, I don't respond. Try it Don!
try my foot in your face, you wet loaf of bread.
Threatening me with physical violence over the internet? Have you ever had your IQ tested? It must be in the Down Syndrome range.
Threatening me with physical violence over the internet? Have you ever had your IQ tested? It must be in the Down Syndrome range.
have you ever had your face tested? by my foot? ahahaha. say somethin.
have you ever had your face tested? by my foot? ahahaha. say somethin.
somethin