So, Sarah Palin's book is about to be released, and since I haven't read it this seems like a good time to start discussing it. My first question is, does she realize the title of this book is the negative term the McCain campaign used to describe her insubordination? I guess she is now proud that she blew the campaign for him? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33895112/ns/today-today_books/Palin also writes harshly of CBS anchor Katie Couric, whom she describes as "badgering" and biased. Palin's series of interviews with Couric were widely regarded as disastrous, leaving the impression of an ill-informed candidate who was unsuited for the job.Yeah, it was Couric's fault she came off like a buffoon. Palin takes another dig at Couric while asserting her expertise on energy matters. She writes that she was shocked Couric had asked her which newspapers and magazines she read; given what she called Couric's lack of knowledge about energy issues, Palin wondered whether she should have asked the news anchor what she read.This is just spectacular. "I'm not stupid, you're stupid!".

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Sarah Palin's book is about to be released, and since I haven't read it this seems like a good time to start discussing it. My first question is, does she realize the title of this book is the negative term the McCain campaign used to describe her insubordination? I guess she is now proud that she blew the campaign for him? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33895112/ns/today-today_books/Palin also writes harshly of CBS anchor Katie Couric, whom she describes as "badgering" and biased. Palin's series of interviews with Couric were widely regarded as disastrous, leaving the impression of an ill-informed candidate who was unsuited for the job.Yeah, it was Couric's fault she came off like a buffoon. Palin takes another dig at Couric while asserting her expertise on energy matters. She writes that she was shocked Couric had asked her which newspapers and magazines she read; given what she called Couric's lack of knowledge about energy issues, Palin wondered whether she should have asked the news anchor what she read.This is just spectacular. "I'm not stupid, you're stupid!".
Badgering--verb---to ask a person running for Vice President what they read.whatever, this book was written in like two months, right?those who like her will love it, those who hate her will hate it. And she gets richer. So she wins.
The revival of the know-nothing party? They were way better than those silly Whigs.
Elitist, East Coast, Big City, Liberal There I said it.Real Americans know all they need to know.
Elitist, East Coast, Big City, Liberal There I said it.Real Americans know all they need to know.
yes we know that we don't need government to live a happy and healthy life...

Amazing how someone who is supposedly such an ignorant lightweight, garners so much interest and almost daily critcism from media, bloggers, and the polical intelligencia.If she is such a meaninglesss lightweight, why the constant haranging.?The fact is , the looney left and the elitist right are terrified of her ability to connect with the majority of mainstream voters.

Amazing how someone who is supposedly such an ignorant lightweight, garners so much interest and almost daily critcism from media, bloggers, and the polical intelligencia.If she is such a meaninglesss lightweight, why the constant haranging.?The fact is , the looney left and the elitist right are terrified of her ability to connect with the majority of mainstream voters.
Her ability to connect with mainstream voters? I'd argue that her and perhaps your view of what the majority of mainstream voters is, is off base. During the last election a big part of her shtick was pointing out "real americans" but to her those mostly seemed to consist of white, christain rural folks. I'm not saying that she is an ignorant lightweight but my god dumb useless people have been all over the daily news, blogs, media etc. (see Paris Hilton et el) Getting attention doesn't mean people are terrified of her ability or in awe of her political prowess. I don't have a problem with her or people in her situation trying to get the most value out of their fifteen minutes. I do however laugh at how hypocritical it is to blast the "media" for all the unwanted attention but then to turn around at every chance to try and stay in the spotlight. It's right up there with retarded celebrities who piss and moan about the constant attention but then spend every other night hitting the Hollywood clubs.
Her ability to connect with mainstream voters? I'd argue that her and perhaps your view of what the majority of mainstream voters is, is off base. During the last election a big part of her shtick was pointing out "real americans" but to her those mostly seemed to consist of white, christain rural folks.
about 80% of the USA is Whiteabout 76% of the USA is ChristianAbout 51 million live in "rural" areaPretty large potential voting blockMcCain/Palin got 58 of 124 million votes
about 80% of the USA is Whiteabout 76% of the USA is ChristianAbout 51 million live in "rural" areaPretty large potential voting blockMcCain/Palin got 58 of 124 million votes
Without researching the validity of your statistics saying her ability to "connect with the majority of mainstream voters" and citing losing an election as an example seems counter productive. I've said in the past that if she intends to run in 2012 she needed to get out of Alaska and find ways to connect with a wider audience. Getting her book out and pimping out on Oprah is certainly a big first step.
Her ability to connect with mainstream voters? I'd argue that her and perhaps your view of what the majority of mainstream voters is, is off base. During the last election a big part of her shtick was pointing out "real americans" but to her those mostly seemed to consist of white, christain rural folks. I'm not saying that she is an ignorant lightweight but my god dumb useless people have been all over the daily news, blogs, media etc. (see Paris Hilton et el) Getting attention doesn't mean people are terrified of her ability or in awe of her political prowess. I don't have a problem with her or people in her situation trying to get the most value out of their fifteen minutes. I do however laugh at how hypocritical it is to blast the "media" for all the unwanted attention but then to turn around at every chance to try and stay in the spotlight. It's right up there with retarded celebrities who piss and moan about the constant attention but then spend every other night hitting the Hollywood clubs.
If she was just a paris hilton or lindsay lohan trainwreck, she wouldnt be the feature topic on almost all of msnbc primetime shows. She has sold more books than every msnbc host combined, and it aint even out yet. Finally, I am not a huge Palin fan, but Im also not going to bash her because late night comics consistenly make fun of her either. I doubt any of the posters who knock her here has any first hand knowledge of what she is really like.Seeing edited soundbites is alame basis for opinion.
If she was just a paris hilton or lindsay lohan trainwreck, she wouldnt be the feature topic on almost all of msnbc primetime shows. She has sold more books than every msnbc host combined, and it aint even out yet. Finally, I am not a huge Palin fan, but Im also not going to bash her because late night comics consistenly make fun of her either. I doubt any of the posters who knock her here has any first hand knowledge of what she is really like.Seeing edited soundbites is alame basis for opinion.
Edited soundbytes is a lame basis for an opinion but yet and I'm assuming you have no first hand knowledge of Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan but you feel comfortable labeling them as "trainwrecks" based on the same media.The Anna Nicole Smith's, Britney Spear's, Hilton, Lohan's etc garnered far to much attention from everyone from cnn to fox news in my opinion but again that attention doesn't prove (nor does any book sales) political prowess or a deep seeded fear of theirs or Palin's ability
Amazing how someone who is supposedly such an ignorant lightweight, garners so much interest and almost daily critcism from media, bloggers, and the polical intelligencia.
Yeah, I hear TMZ is doing a big story on Noam Chomsky tomorrow.
I doubt any of the posters who knock her here has any first hand knowledge of what she is really like.Seeing edited soundbites is alame basis for opinion.
But we've "seen edited soundbytes" from hundreds of people, and hers are uncommonly dumb. I bet sound bytes from almost any poster in this forum are going to sound better than Palin's.
Well, that's not going to be good for business.
coooosTAnza...
I'm beginning to realize my mistake.
But we've "seen edited soundbytes" from hundreds of people, and hers are uncommonly dumb. I bet sound bytes from almost any poster in this forum are going to sound better than Palin's.
You haven't seen the edited soundbites from Obama that make him look dumb? There's a reason he's called the teleprompter president. The fact is, every tiny slip of Palin is turned into an indictment of the Republican party, while Biden's and Obama's slips are mostly ignored.I'm not a supporter of Palin's, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the media can create whatever image they want. If they repeatedly showed her 10 finest moments, she'd look like a genius, if they showed her 10 worst moments (as they do), she'd look like an idiot. But the same could be said of Obama and Biden.I think they like to villanize Palin because of her calculated girl-next-door schtick. In that way, it's partly her own fault -- don't try to play a role that you can't play perfectly.
good thing you put almost
You haven't seen the edited soundbites from Obama that make him look dumb? There's a reason he's called the teleprompter president. The fact is, every tiny slip of Palin is turned into an indictment of the Republican party, while Biden's and Obama's slips are mostly ignored.I'm not a supporter of Palin's, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the media can create whatever image they want. If they repeatedly showed her 10 finest moments, she'd look like a genius, if they showed her 10 worst moments (as they do), she'd look like an idiot. But the same could be said of Obama and Biden.I think they like to villanize Palin because of her calculated girl-next-door schtick. In that way, it's partly her own fault -- don't try to play a role that you can't play perfectly.
Imagine if Sarah Palin had said the following things:
"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified"Let me introduce to you the next President -- the next Vice President of the United States of America, Joe Biden."--slipping up while introducing Joe Biden at their first joint campaign rally, Springfield, Illinois, Aug. 23, 2008"Just this past week, we passed out of the out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
Imagine if Sarah Palin had said the following things:
But those things were said by a man who cares...That makes his mistakes our mistakes, his gaffs our gaffs.It's like he reached out and sad: "Look, I'm a educated man who honestly has never done anything yet written a book about how well I've done them, only met my father once or twice for very brief moments, yet wrote a book about all the myriads of things he taught me, and when I look at the reality of who and what I am, I must conclude that I deserve to be rewarded with civilization's highest awards, the greatest country's leadership position, and full and complete azz-kissing status from the entire media apparatus"