If you frequent the NFL, NHL, or NBA forums you might have seen the team based fantasy playoff pools I've done in the past. I'm going to do one for baseball this year.it's setup in such a way that anyone can enter. Each player's picks are independent. Here's how it works:Categories:RunsHitsRun Differential (Runs for - runs against)Ks (how many strikeouts did my pitchers get)Scoring:Scores for each competitor are compared at the end of each set of series. Note that scores are standardized to 5 games (divisional series) and 7 games (championship series and world series) by BOCF and WOCF.BOCF - If your team wins the series and plays less than the maximum games for that series, their best observation is carried forward to the remaining games.WOCF - If your team loses the series and plays less than the maximum games for that series, their worst observation is carried forward to the remaining games.e.g. BOCF - Yankees beat the Angels in 3 games. You picked them for Runs. They scored 2, 7, 5 in the first 3 games. games 4 and 5 would each be filled with 7 runs earning you a total of 2 + 7 + 5 + 7 + 7 = 28 runs for the divisional series round.Let's say the Yankees scored the same (2, 7, 5) but lost instead (WOCF). You would have 2 + 7 + 5 + 2 + 2 = 18 runs.Details for each round:Divisional Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. You cannot pick the same team twice. You cannot pick two teams from the same series. You're picking One team from each of the four series. e.g. Runs - Yankees, Hits -Tigers, Run Differential - Diamondbacks, Ks - Phillies (assuming none of them play each other)Championship Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. You may pick the same team twice. You MUST pick two teams from the ALCS and two teams from the NLCS. e.g. Runs - Yankees, Hits - Tigers, Run Differential - Phillies, Ks - PhilliesWorld Series - Pick one team for each of the categories. Pick whatever you want. All one team. Half and half. 3 and 1.Depending on what people want to do, picks can be PMed to me or if we don't care that much we can post them in this thread with spoiler tags and use the honor system. e.g.

you naughty nellie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

We'll go by the honor system. Post your picks by spoiler. No peeking!Runs:Hits:RD:K:NYYTAMDETTEXPHISTLARIMILI believe it's NYY vs DET, TEX vs TAM, PHI vs STL, MIL vs ARIRemember that you're picking once for each category and each pick must come from a different series.

Runs: TEXHits: NYYRD: PHIK: MIL

K's: PhillsRuns: TigersHits: RangersR/D: BrewersI think that's right, but I'm pretty drunkEDIT: No. That is... not right. But I will leave it as a badge of shame
I feel like this is a decoy.

Edit: Wait, that's wrong; did somebody change their answers? I'm looking at you SB.UPDATEDRUNSNYY – mrdannygDET – Tactical BearTEX – runthemover, TherafluMIL – Dread Aidan, SBriandHITSNYY – runthemover, TherafluTEX – mrdannyg, Dread Aidan, Tactical BearDET – SBriand DIFFERENTIALNYY – Dread AidanPHI – runthemover, mrdannyg, TherafluMIL – Tactical BearTEX - SBriandSTRIKE OUTSPHI – SBriand, Dread Aidan, Tactical BearMIL – runthemover, mrdannyg, Theraflu

Matt Moore pitched in 3 games this year and Kelly Shoppach had an OPS of .607.Of course Moore has only allowed 2 hits and no runs through 6 7 and Kelly has hit two home runs. Of course. (At least Moore was really, really good in the minors this year.)Also, what the what?Texas - Bottom of 6th (note: down 8-0 at the time)E Andrus walked. J Hamilton sacrificed to pitcher, E Andrus to second.

There's obviously something wrong with the scoring because mister daniel G is leading right nowmlbr1.jpgedit: SB's missing "team" for K's on the results table is just a copy/paste mistake from my SAS output windowAs always when the round is done I'll do a double check of my data entry

woooooot, i am so friggin smart. I am great. I am a genius.It is very unlikely I lead this after even the first round. Actually kind of pissed - made my picks in 30 seconds. Would've liked to pick more underdogs.

There's obviously something wrong with the scoring because mister daniel G is leading right nowmlbr1.jpgedit: SB's missing "team" for K's on the results table is just a copy/paste mistake from my SAS output windowAs always when the round is done I'll do a double check of my data entry
Your scoring is messed up.It looks like it's the Hits category. For example, you have MDG as 3-0-2 in the Hits category, but he picked Texas and Texas has the fewest hits. And you have SB as 0-5-0 in Hits when his team has the most hits.This is what I have for totals:mrdannyg - 26runthemover - 22Theraflu - 22Tactical Bear - 20SBriand - 18Dread Aidan - 12Edit: Your run differential for PHI is wrong too. They should be -1 for game 2.

Sorry.I indicated Hits as being a negative category and data entry was bad. I'll fix it after tonight's games.edit:mlbr1-1.jpghopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.FYI, I'll be out of town for a little over a week (starting Friday) so updates on here will be minimal.

Sorry.I indicated Hits as being a negative category and data entry was bad. I'll fix it after tonight's games.edit:mlbr1-1.jpghopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.FYI, I'll be out of town for a little over a week (starting Friday) so updates on here will be minimal.
I was disappointed that I made the same picks as you, but as long as we both win, that's fine. I look forward to matching your brilliance in the next round.
mlbr1-1.jpghopefully no mistakes this time. But, as I said, this is all draft. When this round is over, I'll do a final double check on everything.
Texas had 9 hits in game 3, not 6.mrdannyg - 32runthemover - 24Theraflu - 24Dread Aidan - 22Tactical Bear - 14SBriand - 4

Current standings with two games left:runthemover - 30Theraflu - 30mrdannyg - 28Dread Aidan - 19Tactical Bear - 7SBriand - 6Everybody picked either PHI or MIL for K's and MIL currently has a 3 K lead.Run differentials: TEX -3, MIL -3, PHI +3, NYY +11.Runs: DET 17, MIL 20, TEX 24, NYY 28.MIL is really the key team that can change things up for everyone.Remember to get your picks in for the next round before tomorrow's ALCS game.

mlbr1-2.jpgmy data entry is quite horrible recently apparently so we'll see how this goes.Picks are due before each series starts.I'll be out of town so updates might not be possible.Remember each round is independent so it's still anybody's game.edit: Sssssnnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakkkeeej.k Thanks, DA

If either the Brewers or Phillies win, I want one of them for the K's category. If both win, give me PHI. If neither win, I want DET.Run Differential: TEXRuns: TEX, unless I have DET for K's, then see below.Runs, Hits: This is my ranking for the NL teams: PHI, MIL, STL, ARI. I want the highest ranked available team for Hits. If I have DET for K's, take the same team for both Hits and Runs.