Dn's Updated Blog - Response To Discussion

An a side note, remind me to never discuss politics in my blog again. After reading through the forums, I was shocked at how impossible it seems to have a civil discussion about that sort of thing. People either totally HATE you or they agree with you. It's so black and white, there is no middle ground in this country. It's more divided than it's ever been. You are either blue, or you are red. If you are neither, like me, you just don't belong it seems.In some of the posts I read people go as far as to say, "I used to admire you, but now I despise you." Is that normal? You went from admiring someone to despising them because they don't share the same political views as you do? Wow, I just don't know how to even respond to something like that?I should say that I should have made it a lot more clear in my first blog that I didn't support the Iranian leader and agree that he is obviously a nutcase. I should have said that, but I felt like it was so obvious that it didn't need to be said. Apparently I was wrong, so no, I don't support the dude, and agree that he is a nutcase. I also don't support the current president of America. I just don't think he has done a good job.If you happen to disagree with my views, I promise, I won't hate you :-)
I DO NOT HATE YOU DUDE! I highly doubt many of the other posters hate you either.
In some of the posts I read people go as far as to say, "I used to admire you, but now I despise you." Is that normal? You went from admiring someone to despising them because they don't share the same political views as you do? Wow, I just don't know how to even respond to something like that?
I'm guessing this is in reference to me. Making loud, extreme political statements w/o ANY back up makes for a loss of respect. Phucking deal with it.Oh yeah...and Daniel...never discuss politics in your blog again.

You are confusing indignation with hate Daniel.We still love you...we would just like to see your Aces cracked by 32o as a measure of revenge for your blog entry.(I am getting a little tired of watching that HSP Gus Hansen hand on an endless loop though)

I DO NOT HATE YOU DUDE! I highly doubt many of the other posters hate you either. I'm guessing this is in reference to me. Making loud, extreme political statements w/o ANY back up makes for a loss of respect. Phucking deal with it.Oh yeah...and Daniel...never discuss politics in your blog again.
It wasn't you actually. Several other posters. One in particular actually wrote, "I used to admire you, but now I DESPISE you."

So thats all we have to do to get an indirect mention in the blog. I see what you mean about being able to debate things without it getting out of hand.... it's tough to maintain a level of civility in an online discussion (because it's not a face to face discussion), but at the same time it's nice to see my generation passionate about the current events/issues of today. I don't think you should stop discussing politics or the hot issues of the day, that doesn't seem like it's your style. Hate it or love it, you say what's on your mind and that's a respectable quality. Here's to some more heated and passionate discussions/arguments.

It wasn't you actually. Several other posters. One in particular actually wrote, "I used to admire you, but now I DESPISE you."
..and people who say this are as extreme in their thinking as the terrorists are in their hatred of the US.Let me preface this by saying several things. One, my stepbrother was one of the first marines inside saddam's palaces. Two, I lost a very good friend in 9/11. Based on this, one could surmise I am in support of this war, this administration, and believe full force in what we as a country are doing. I supported my stepbrother 150%. I certainly support our efforts to wipe out terrorism, and will continue to do so, because frankly, many countries tend to operate on a dont ask dont tell policy. Many sell arms to the known terrorist harboring countries and then scream mea culpa when they are caught. Then again, our own country will turn a blind eye when it benefits our economy. I refuse to align my self with either extreme. I vote based on issues; drives my husband nuts, Ill admit. He's an engineer, forgive him, but he sees black and white. Fortunately, my two little girls are like me :club: Their IS no right or wrong answer, and quite frankly for people to not respect other's opinions is childish and not worthy of air. What's even worse is that people's opinions of someone who they have never MET can hinge so lightly on the slightest statement uttered. One minute, you are idolized, the next? Trashed left and right. If admiration is based on what YOU want to hear, then you won't understand a thing I've said, and chances are, Im not missing much, and neither is DN In this country, nothing pisses me off more than the sense of entitlement that many of us have come to see as second nature. It's truly sickening. People admire DN for his poker playing. last time I checked, he wasn't running for office, but he apparently felt comfortable enough in his own forum to post his opinion. It's a shame that others couldn't be comfortable enough to say we agree to disagree and move on, but instead, felt the necessity to rag him.

From Daniels Blog

I personally believe (just an opinion) that Bush hates Muslims. Then again, I don't think he cares much about black people either.
Daniel I dont think anybody who posts here often hates you, but statements like the one above would be criticized regardless of who said them (on the forum or anywhere). I'm no big fan of the war in Iraq, but I have seen no actual evidence that the above statement is true. I can only guess that your linking Iraq to he-hates-Muslims and Katrina to he-doesnt-care-about-Black-people. While I think the administration did a horrible job in both instances, that is not attributed to disliking Muslims or Blacks.Also from the blog
After reading through the forums, I was shocked at how impossible it seems to have a civil discussion about that sort of thing. People either totally HATE you or they agree with you. It's so black and white, there is no middle ground in this country. It's more divided than it's ever been. You are either blue, or you are red. If you are neither, like me, you just don't belong it seems.
Actually the country is much more unified than you think. Dont let the extremists on the TV fool you. The vast majority of the public is right down the middle while titling slightly left or right. And BTW, the first statement that I quoted isnt exactly what I would call "civil discussion." Its something a left extremist would say.
FYP
I never said that.So FYP Balloon Guy.I am actually offended, because I don't take politics that serious and I would never say that I despise anyone over politics...except maybe...Al Gore.Clear the air Balloon guy. An apology and a nice Romeo y Julieta would be nice.
I never said that.So FYP Balloon Guy.I am actually offended, because I don't take politics that serious and I would never say that I despise anyone over politics...except maybe...Al Gore.Clear the air Balloon guy. An apology and a nice Romeo y Julieta would be nice.
For the record, the only reason I picked Alf was because his was the most NOT this guy so I knew DN would never think it was. His responses where funny, and clearly level headed. No offense was meant toward Alf, his family, his maid, gardner, plumber, lawyer...strike that Or any people that work near him, have worked near him, know anyone that has worked or slept near him, and the two people in Florida that don't fit in this six degrees of seperation due to immigration issues.Romeo Julieta, not good enough for you...try La Gloria Cubana Series R #6PM where to send it.