Interesting River Spot?

So I didn't play this hand; but my buddy disagreed with me so I decided to post here and see what you religious 08 players think. I think it's an interesting spot if nothing else. I flipped the hands so the villain is the hero and my buddy is the villain.Poker Stars $0.50/$1.00 Limit Omaha Hi/Lo - 8 playersPre Flop: (1.5 SB) Hero is UTG+2 with 5c Js Ac 5dJule 33 calls, miguiliji calls, HERO calls, 1 fold, villain raises, 2 folds, betgo calls, Jule 33 calls, miguiliji calls, HERO callsFlop: (10.5 SB) Ah As 6c (5 players)betgo checks, Jule 33 checks, HERO checks, rodneyraider checks, villain bets, betgo folds, Jule 33 calls, miguiliji folds, HERO callsTurn: (6.75 BB) 6h (3 players)Jule 33 checks, HERO checks, villain bets, Jule 33 folds, HERO callsRiver: (8.75 BB) 6d (2 players)HERO checks, villain bets, HERO callsFinal Pot: 10.75 BBI haven't put a lot of thought into his actions pre, post, and on turn; but I'm mostly interested in the theory of the hand and the decision on the river.If anybody responds I'll chime in with what I thought and he thought.

Terrible river card, but I think it's a must call sort of spot. He might have been pushing a 23xx sort of hand, maybe the XX being a pair and he's trying to get you off the aceI probably play it the same way as you

looks fine to me,.. i mean thinking card removal there arent a ton of things left out there, we have to call every time imo. If he had 6, well that really sucks for you but you just can;t play the hand any other way imo, your probably calling to chop most of the time, oh well

just dont even bother playing this garbage hand pf
our position isn't great, but we have very good odds

Based on the villain's line, can we ever REALLY be beat here? He obv doesn't have AA, with his most likely holdings being A2xx, especially given a raise into three limps. I haven't thought about 08 in a loooong time, but the math has to be right where he doesn't have A2xx with xx > 55 that much. He also fired on the first two streets, it's hard to believe he has like KK23 and doesnt check the turn behind.That said, isn't this like the definition of a spot where it's super super close for the hero to call, but still probably profitable? That is to say I think the hero can fold here and be happy about it, but it's still not the right play? idk it's new years, i'm clearly not thinking straight

• 3 weeks later...