• Please log in to reply
263343 replies to this topic

#263341 SuitedAces21

SuitedAces21

once and future king

• Members
  • 24,957 posts

Posted Today, 03:52 PM

i'm happy to hear that, because i'll certainly be exactly where i am today in five years.
Spoiler

#263342 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,225 posts

Posted Today, 04:49 PM

I applied to a shop in KC tonight. It was a particularly frustrating day at the office, and my first time filling out an app in multiple years. The listing was written for my resume. In the cover letter, for the software referenced in the job listing, I walked through the specific data reports I would use to automate the most difficult sounding task in the job responsibilities list. It was satisfying.

Basically, I'm going to have to work with the douche that tried to position himself above me and the COO. For reasons I don't understand, the COO decided to keep him involved as a contributor. I did my best to stone face the situation, and didn't voice any disapproval, but was fooling no one. Felt like the beginning of the end of my ability to be honest and open with my boss.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

#263343 Essay21

Essay21

forum legend

• Members
  • 9,520 posts

Posted Today, 05:39 PM

Hopefully you get a little leverage through an offer.

#263344 InternetExplorer

InternetExplorer

password1

• Members
  • 7,225 posts

Posted Today, 05:46 PM

I probably wouldn’t take the job unless the salary range on Glassdoor is like $30k light. I would love to work for our custodian, but I gotta think there’s a policy against hiring away talent from client firms like mine.
QUOTE (Spademan @ Thursday, April 5th, 2012, 2:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only way to speak "loudly" on the internet is to TYPE IN CAPS. AND I RARELY TYPE IN CAPS.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users