I remember a thread about season six, but that was more for just the trailer.Anyways, i thought whay better time to start the thread then on Kiefer Sutherland's birthday-which is today.Here's a background of my 24 experience:I never heard of the show until i went on a vacation with a family friend. He showed me season three and I watched it on vacation instead of going to the beech. After i got home, i bought season 1 and 2 and watched them both within a week of eachother before the start of season 4. Every week at my house, we have a 24 party where about 15 of mine an my sisters fiends come over to watch. But here's the cool part----if anybody can remember in season 4 Debbie (Behrooz's girlfriends) phone ring and it showed a real number, not a 555 number. We called it and talked to Joseph Hodges-he is the man who builds the different sets. Anyways, we were not the only ones who knew about this phone-but my sister called over 20 times a day. She talked to Joseph so much that he programed her number on the phone so when she calls it says "Jen C"-her name is Jen and she is from Cleveland. She and me talked to many people, such as writers and some of the actors. Jen called the phone after one of the award shows (the emmy's i think) and she talked to Carlos Bernad. Once Jen called and talked to John Cassar-the main director. He directs the first and last episodes of each season and a couple in between but he is the main man. Nobody called more than my sister because on the 24 forums, John wrote a letter thanking the 24 fans for their support and he said "thanks to our number 1 fan Jen C"-you know your the biggest fan when the director tells you. Not only this but Jen and I were on the Jimmy Kimmel show because of this phone. Kim Raver (Audrey) had the phone when my sister called and Kim told her she would be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. On the show, Jimmy was talking about the phone and they held it to the microphone while Jen and I called so our voices were on national tv from the jimmy kimmel show.The phone's popularity died down from the fans, but not from us. My sister called and talked to John Cassar and she told im were going to LA to visit our family (which was true) and she asked if we could stop by the set-and somehow John said yes. We had a behind the scenes tour of the whole 24 set from CTU (I sat in Chloes chair) to Logan's retreat (we were in the outside place with the narrow pool) to seeing random objects such as being in a helicopter, a fighter jet, and the plane from season 5 that jack landed on the freeway. We also saw the whole wardrobe and the makeup rooms and the props. The props were awesome, we say and touched some of the nerve gas cannisters, some knives (including Jack's), Jack's sunglasses some guns and bullets, some cell phones, and my favorite, the picture with Jack, Kim, and Terry. If you saw the first two seasons, you know this picture and i thought it was awesome that we saw it. Our tour was led by John and Josep-this is something nobody has ever gotten. 24 only does behind the scenes tours for charities with random tour guides, but ours was with the main man. We met Kim Raver and.....KIEFER. We saw him filming a scene (and we found out that Logan was bad becuase in the scene Jack said to Audrey "Logan will pay for President Palmer's death" and this was taped before the fans knew Logan was bad so this was a surprise) and we then met and took pics with Kiefer afterward. Pics to come later.Anyways, i love 24 and i thought the thread should start today with Kiefer's birthday.Anyone got the DVD's? I bought season five on itunes but i also bought the DVDs for the bonus features and they were pretty good. Also has anyone seen the prequel which was on youtube but also on the DVD's?I thought it was great.Here is a link to a countdown to season 6 http://www.noellachoi.com/24countdown/ and the main website iswww.fox.com/24/.So...I can't wait and it's only 26 days away :club::D:D

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was cool...I'm on a cruise right now (but internet is kind of cheap so i thought i would share this with you) and earlier today we stopped at Nassau, Bahamas and i saw a man with a 24 hat and it said "day 06" on the back. I have seen very few people ever wear a 24 (tv show) hat (actually i have never seen anybody but me and a couple friends. This man was kind of old so i thought he had something to do with the show and that is why he was wearing the hat.I went up to him and it turns out that he is Evan Katz's dad. Katz is a writer and you see his name on the bottom of the screen when the show starts. I know this sounds made up but why would i make something up about meeting a writers dad?So the dad said that he saw the first six episodes and that when i see them i will not be able to stay in my seat.

I thought this was cool...I'm on a cruise right now (but internet is kind of cheap so i thought i would share this with you) and earlier today we stopped at Nassau, Bahamas and i saw a man with a 24 hat and it said "day 06" on the back. I have seen very few people ever wear a 24 (tv show) hat (actually i have never seen anybody but me and a couple friends. This man was kind of old so i thought he had something to do with the show and that is why he was wearing the hat.I went up to him and it turns out that he is Evan Katz's dad. Katz is a writer and you see his name on the bottom of the screen when the show starts. I know this sounds made up but why would i make something up about meeting a writers dad?So the dad said that he saw the first six episodes and that when i see them i will not be able to stay in my seat.
you're an odd duck
24 hasnt been good since season 2. Please stop jerking off to it and Kiefer Sutherland.
you think 24 hasn't been good since season 2 and you think i'm an odd duck?whatever, everyone has their own opinions but why do you not like it?is it the actors, the story lines, or what?
you think 24 hasn't been good since season 2 and you think i'm an odd duck?whatever, everyone has their own opinions but why do you not like it?is it the actors, the story lines, or what?
I will give my opinion. I didn't start watching 24 till this year. Wife and I rented the 1st season to see what the retarded buzz was about. Not bad. Well bad but bad enough to be entertaining because it is so bad. We loved Nina. Hated Terry, even jumped up and down with joy at the end of Season 1. Then we rented season 2. It was better than 1. I actually liked that season a lot. Season 3 was stupid and a pain to get through. maybe because we watched 3 seasons in like 2 months the cheese factor got too much to enjoy it. I am sure if I had a week between episodes and a few months between seasons I would be able to tolerate a little more. Season 4 was okay. Some really good eps and some really stupid eps. Again, 4 seasons in 3 months. Too much bad to handle.Then we planned on starting to watch season 5 when Fox began to rerun them after the season ended. Well they showed like the first 6 hours and then stopped and started jumping around. So for the last week and a half we have been watching Season 5 so that we can finally be caught up. I will say Season 5 is the best since 2, which is still IMO the only really decent season. But again, why the hell does it seem that at some point in every season teh writers just decided to pull some crap out of their ass. It is clear they don't have a beginning,middle, or end prior to taping. They clearly make some of it up as they go along thus leaving plot holes so large that Jack could get swallowed up by them. I hate weak writing. I really do. It is an entertaining show but I would never get as excited about it as you. I think people are commenting on your obsession with the show and it's fictional characters rather than the show itself.
It is clear they don't have a beginning,middle, or end prior to taping. They clearly make some of it up as they go along thus leaving plot holes so large that Jack could get swallowed up by them. I hate weak writing. I really do.
this part is true-they don't know what is going to happen at the end but i think they pull it together so well anyways that the writers are fantastic. I think you not liking it probably does have to do with watching it in such a short span. You should try season 6, 4 episodes in the first two days (sunday the 14th) and if you don't like it don't watch, but give it a try
this part is true-they don't know what is going to happen at the end but i think they pull it together so well anyways that the writers are fantastic. I think you not liking it probably does have to do with watching it in such a short span. You should try season 6, 4 episodes in the first two days (sunday the 14th) and if you don't like it don't watch, but give it a try
Oh I will watch it. They are great melodrama's. I am glad I watched all the seasons I just don't think it is "great". :club:
Oh I will watch it. They are great melodrama's. I am glad I watched all the seasons I just don't think it is "great". :club:
i think you will like it. I saw three seasons within two weeks and i liked it but part of the thrill of the new seasons is having to wait a week before you can see it again so if you watch this season during when it airs, it will be more thrilling

OMG!!!!!!!At the best buy in Cleveland every season was on sale for 20 dollars. I have all of them but they are in bad shape (except for five becuase i just got it) so i rebought them all. If they are on sale wherever you live you should get them as gifts. I also got a couple of sets for my friends.

24 hasnt been good since season 2. Please stop jerking off to it and Kiefer Sutherland.
I couldnt disagree more. I think Season 4 was the best season by far. Obviously others will have differing opinions.The more important point is why would you click on a 24 thread to just come in a be a piece of crap? This is a thread for jerking off to the greatness of 24 and Jack Bauer. If you dont want to see it then go away.
I couldnt disagree more. I think Season 4 was the best season by far. Obviously others will have differing opinions.The more important point is why would you click on a 24 thread to just come in a be a piece of crap? This is a thread for jerking off to the greatness of 24 and Jack Bauer. If you dont want to see it then go away.
I was going to say the same thing. Its fine if you don't like 24 but why would you click on it just to say how bad it is? I don't click on threads just to bad mouth what it is about.

Yeah, the haters can go fukk themselves.Don't like the show? Don't watch.What i don't get are the people who keep watching the show but supposedly thnk it's stupid. I have a couple of friends that are like this. Their complaint is that it's not "realistic".uhh...no **** sherlock. having a black president should've been the first hint.too often people forget that Jack Bauer is a comic book hero without super powers.also, the writers and actors on the show are fantastic. they write as the season progresses so that nobody ever knows if their character is dead or alive from week to week. the director, writers, actors and production team are always pressed for time and the show comes out pretty damn well....i know, i'm just ranting...

also, the writers and actors on the show are fantastic. they write as the season progresses so that nobody ever knows if their character is dead or alive from week to week. the director, writers, actors and production team are always pressed for time and the show comes out pretty damn well....i know, i'm just ranting...
True-this is a great reason that makes the show awesome. I have read that in season 1, Sarah Clarke (actress that played Nina Meyers) didn't know she was bad until the nineteenth episode. Its all so good that the cast is also in the dark for a long time as well