Florida Marlins 2010 Thread

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
I haven't been paying attention to Marlins baseball; why is he being targeted?
no actual reason other than he is a star (not this year but generally). A Marlins scrub took out Buster Posey. Hanley wasn't involved.
no actual reason other than he is a star (not this year but generally). A Marlins scrub took out Buster Posey. Hanley wasn't involved.
you take out our best player, potentially ruining his career. i hope we hit every marlin, just not hanley.

this just adds to my hatred for the marlins. you guys are one of the dirtiest, most bush league teams in baseball. didnt you guys plunk nijar morgan 20 times last year? and i dont even want to think about 1997 and 2003.

it was a horrible, horrible play, but it was clean. about 200 rabid giants fans on my facebook saying clemens should be suspended and fined... (god our fanbase is dumb) he didn't mean to wreck posey like that.
you take out our best player, potentially ruining his career. i hope we hit every marlin, just not hanley.
this just adds to my hatred for the marlins. you guys are one of the dirtiest, most bush league teams in baseball. didnt you guys plunk nijar morgan 20 times last year? and i dont even want to think about 1997 and 2003.
I'm so confused.
ok.

As long as stupid shit like takeout slides and collisions at home plate are allowed by MLB, you can't blame the players for doing it.The fact that some people think the Giants should pitch at hanley, or anyone else in retaliation (?) is completely ridiculous.

p.s. the real star of the Marlins isn't Hanley anyway, it is LOGAN.
YES! That's 2 of us on board with this theory. Next year, we can both say "I knew Logan Morrison was a superstar before everybody else caught on", and we'll have this thread to prove it. (Also, countless threads on the FCBL forums for me :club:)
There is a Florida Marlins thread?
It's almost as surprising as finding out people still care about the NHL.

I drafted Gaby Sanchez in my keeper league this year. I don't think LoMo keeps this up. Unfortunately, I don't think Gaby will either. But I also have Hanley, and he can't keep this up either. What's Hanley's deal? He's strictly a ground ball hitter now, he used to be an even split.

I don't think LoMo keeps this up.
[homer alert]I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on LoMo. Outside of 2 weeks last year when he was first called up, he has been consistantly performing at an elite level for close to 400 abs now. his On base percentage has been floating around .400, and all the doubles and triples he was belting last year are turning into HRs this year.In fact, from the time of his callup last year, only 4 players in the league scored more runs than Morrison, and that was batting in the 7 hole in a less than Stellar Marlins lineup. Now that he is hitting in the 3 hole, if hanley ever picks his game up, he will start producing runs at a very elite level. I would be willing to write off his ~250 abs last year as a hot streak, but given his consistent performance this year while in the lineup, for over 100 abs now, I am less inclined to do so. the only 'mirage' that we might be seeing from him this year, is the home run numbers, as he is hitting at a ~35 HR pace, and I don't see him as more than a 20 HR guy, but I could be wrong about that too.[/homer]

well, he had over 1600 minor league at bats with a .383 obp. a very Similar OBP in about 400 Major league at bats. a good draft pedigree, and was always considered a top prospect by pretty much everybody until he got his callup, and has performed above expectations since getting his foot in the door. He has consistently performed at a high level thorugh his entire career. I don't think we need 3+ more seasons of major league play to draw some conclusions about him.

you stat nerds make me sick, with your numbers and your percentages and your evidence.but i'd still like to see more MLB AB's before i trust a guy. but those numbers look promising.but seriously, Mikey Stanton? Awesome power right. Gonna hit 50 yacktowns at least once.