This will go viral on all the left wing blogs
It's been an interesting day, watching the hate and classlessness from the angry left. Lots and lots of people wishing ill upon him and his family.
It's been an interesting day, watching the hate and classlessness from the angry left. Lots and lots of people wishing ill upon him and his family.
Two wrongs don't make a right but his reaction to Ted Kennedy's passing was full of hate and classless.Breitbart was an interesting character. I think he was mostly a self promoter of the first order and was willing to do whatever it took to further his own agenda.
Two wrongs don't make a right but his reaction to Ted Kennedy's passing was full of hate and classless.Breitbart was an interesting character. I think he was mostly a self promoter of the first order and was willing to do whatever it took to further his own agenda.
Yeah, I mostly ignored him, because personalities don't interest me that much. I think you sum him up: a promoter. I've seen him speak and he seemed very genuine and really funny, but he definitely had an agenda. (Curiously, his agenda was less about left vs right than it was about media vs truth -- although certainly he leaned right). The people who knew him all said he was a very sweet, interesting person and a really great dad.I don't know what he wrote about Ted Kennedy, but I doubt if it was as uninformed and hateful as much of what I read today has been. I think it is fair to criticize someone's politics on their death; to make personal attacks based on public persona is just juvenile.Fair: The sphere of political reporting will be better off without him.Classless: The guy was a jerk and an ******* who deserved to die.Guess which I saw more of today.

He was pretty much as bad or worse in talking about Kennedy right after he died than those slagging him today.http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-orlando...-of-ten-kennedy

Breitbart took to his twitter account to spew disgusting thoughts about the former senator. Breitbart called Kennedy a "villiain," a "prick," "a big ass mothe*******," and a "duplicitous bastard." Breitbart even called Kennedy a "special pile of human excrement."Continue reading on Examiner.com Andrew Breitbart's ironic end: The disrespect of Ted Kennedy - Orlando liberal | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-orlando...y#ixzz1nv7yGgKu
I think his agenda didn't include the truth at all. His agenda was about self promotion and what the truth was didn't matter to him since he lied so much. I remember watching interviews with him after the Sherrod situation and it didn't take a FBI tells expert to know he was full of shit and lying through his teeth and that he didn't care.

he was willing to openly lie and distort to pander to weak people who only look to have their views confirmed. maybe he was personally a nice guy, I don't know, but he made a career out of clouding political discourse, so I have trouble feeling anything but disdain. and no, I do not feel sympathy for his family. the shitty response you're seeing out there is a symptom of how he made his living, and they should have come to understand that not long after he became a prominent figure.

I think this obit from David Frum is pretty fair and balanced one.http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012...-1969-2012.html

This indifference to detail suffused all of Breitbart’s work, and may indeed be his most important and lasting legacy. Breitbart sometimes got stories right (Anthony Weiner). More often he got them wrong (Sherrod). He did not much care either way. Just as all is fair in a shooting war, so manipulation and deception are legitimate tools in a culture war. Breitbart used those tools without qualm or regret, and he inspired a cohort of young conservative journalists to do likewise. In time, Andrew Breitbart might have aged into greater self-control and a higher concept of public service. Premature death deprived him of the chance at redemption often sought and sometimes found by people who have done wrong in their lives and work. And this is where it becomes difficult to honor the Roman injunction to speak no ill of the dead. It’s difficult for me to assess Breitbart’s impact upon American media and American politics as anything other than poisonous. When one of the leading media figures of the day achieves his success by his giddy disdain for truth and fairness—when one of our leading political figures offers to his admirers a politics inflamed by rage and devoid of ideas—how to withhold a profoundly negative judgment on his life and career? Especially when that career was so representative of his times? We live in a time of political and media demagoguery unparalleled since the 19th century. Many of our most important public figures have gained their influence and power by inciting and exploiting the ugliest of passions—by manipulating fears and prejudices—by serving up falsehoods as reported truth. In time these figures will one by one die. What are we to say of this cohort, this group, this generation? That their mothers loved them? That their families are bereaved? That their fans admired them and their employees treated generously by them? Public figures are inescapably judged by their public actions. When those public actions are poisonous, the obituary cannot be pleasant reading
I think this obit from David Frum is pretty fair and balanced one.
It's not balanced, but he isn't someone who engenders 'balanced' a opinion. Defining your existence with hyper-partisan hysteria is a very deliberate decision with very specific consequences. It means that during life, some people will applaud you for 'speaking the truth' but you're going to leave a legacy of a lot of people who dislike you and are glad to see you gone.If you want to be loved, be a musician or a non-profit veterinarian. Being loved wasn't the business he was in. It's no different than when Michael Moore finally has his heart attack.
I don't know what he wrote about Ted Kennedy, but I doubt if it was as uninformed and hateful as much of what I read today has been. I think it is fair to criticize someone's politics on their death; to make personal attacks based on public persona is just juvenile.
He was pretty much as bad or worse in talking about Kennedy right after he died than those slagging him today.http://www.examiner.com/liberal-in-orlando...-of-ten-kennedyI think his agenda didn't include the truth at all. His agenda was about self promotion and what the truth was didn't matter to him since he lied so much. I remember watching interviews with him after the Sherrod situation and it didn't take a FBI tells expert to know he was full of shit and lying through his teeth and that he didn't care.
Care to re-assess?Only time I ever saw Breitbart was on an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher and he was just excruciating. Yelling over the other guests, trying to be funny but failing. I can't even remember if his content was awful or ridiculous because I was too busy hoping he would just go away.So this is all probably my fault.
Care to re-assess?Only time I ever saw Breitbart was on an episode of Real Time with Bill Maher and he was just excruciating. Yelling over the other guests, trying to be funny but failing. I can't even remember if his content was awful or ridiculous because I was too busy hoping he would just go away.So this is all probably my fault.
Well, like I said, I don't care about him much because he is more of a "personality" than a news person. Certainly he put the left on notice that they were being watched, and that won't change with his death. And also, he obviously let his emotions cloud his judgement at times. And yes, based on his comments on Kennedy, I'd conclude that he probably deserved the same treatment in death. The limited times I had seen him he seemed very entertaining and clever, so I'm surprised he'd do poorly on Maher.....
Well, like I said, I don't care about him much because he is more of a "personality" than a news person. Certainly he put the left on notice that they were being watched, and that won't change with his death. And also, he obviously let his emotions cloud his judgement at times. And yes, based on his comments on Kennedy, I'd conclude that he probably deserved the same treatment in death. The limited times I had seen him he seemed very entertaining and clever, so I'm surprised he'd do poorly on Maher.....
Part of it, of course, is that Maher's show is not easy for a really strident conservative. It alos was not only his fault; there was a very forgettable liberal journalist on that week who was just as bad and they ruined the show by bickering and trying to one-up each other with snide comments. But, yeah, he was really, really bad.