Scheduled Fcp Upgrade And Downtimes April 30 - May 5th

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's our assumption, the script will be running for a couple days to go through all the posts.

One thing that I don't like about the new IP Board skins is that they no longer have a separator between Pinned and regular topics. I think the board looks much better with a separator and it's easie

i'm scared.
As long as Gov and the data migrating company, and the forum software company and our webhosting company do everything perfectly things will be great.

The copying of the data from the old server to the new server seems to have gone very well and Gov just has a little bit more testing to do.Wed morning at 10:30 we won't allow any new forum accounts to be created.At 11 AM the forum on the old server will be turned off and no new posts will be allowed to be made. At this time the data migration company will move over and integrate any new data from the last 48 hours or so so everything that is on the old server will be on the new server.Once Gov has done a bit of testing he will change the DNS for fullcontactpoker.com to point to the new server and no longer the old server. For those of you who don't know each server has a different IP Address and currently when you link to fullcontactpoker.com it points to the old server's IP Address. Tomorrow Gov will have fullcontactpoker.com point to the new server's IP Address. This process will take from 4-48 hours depending on how fast the new IP Address has been propogated to the DNS server that your ISP uses. Once you see an open forum Wednesday night or Thursday you will be on the new server, if you see a closed forum that means that you are still pointing to the old server.You shouldn't see any changes as it should be a mirror of the old server.On Friday the forum will be shut down and the new forum software will be installed on the new server. The process of installing and adjusting the new forum software should be completed either on Friday evening or by mid day on Saturday.Gov will be tweeting updates to https://twitter.com/#!/pokerfcp during this process.

so you're saying, worst case scenario, I might not be able to post from tomorrow until saturday? and just what the hell else am I going to do with my time, huh bob? you just want me to write these witty one liners down and read them to myself?! god damn it bob, god damn it.

this might work out for me. i have a paper to write by sunday so if the forum can go offline tomorrow when i start and come back on the very moment i'm done that would really be a big help.

so you're saying, worst case scenario, I might not be able to post from tomorrow until saturday? and just what the hell else am I going to do with my time, huh bob? you just want me to write these witty one liners down and read them to myself?! god damn it bob, god damn it.
You can always send Tweets to Gov, I'm sure he'll appreciate your wit.

Can't get here via Comcast yet but I can on my phone.

Can't get here via Comcast yet but I can on my phone.
Probably because the DNS wasn't yet updated for Comcast.

Post Upgrade NoticeWe've upgraded the FCP Forum from version 2.x to the newest version of Invision Power Board. After doing so, there are a few things you need to be aware of.AvatarsIn the previous version of Invision Power Board, users were able to upload avatars & profile photos. The latest version of the software no longer supports both and uses only 1 image going forward. Unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, many avatars did not carry over to the new board, so if you happen to have lost your avatar you’re going to have to start fresh. Sorry for the mishap (Mine was gone as well).Post FormattingThe new version uses a different way to display bbcode from the database. Right now many posts that have "quoted other users" will look odd temporarily. We are running a script in the background that loops through the database and updates each post one at a time, so they’ll look better soon. The process takes a while though as it has to dig through 3.5 million posts and check one word at a time. I'm expecting it to go all weekend.Please Report Any Bugs HereThe above 2 items are issues I've had to discover, but if you happen to come across any glitches, bugs or problems please post them here so I can fix them asap.Look & FeelThe new version has a different layout and I’ve worked much of the day creating a new skin for the board. I kept it similar to the past but cleaner looking around the edges. If you have any ideas in mind feel free to post suggestions.SecurityAdmins have a lot more control over spam going forward. We have options to use 3rd party screening of all sign ups and overall it’s a much more secure board and the reason we had to upgrade.Other FeaturesThere are more features & addons we can enable and may roll out down the road. For now we just want to get use to our new controls.

Is there any way to use the "classic" theme that was previously available? It was the lighter one. I liked it better than both the current default and the previous default.

I came in here to post what LLY already did.I also don't know how to change the number of posts/per pageedit: let's try out this like thingedit2: I tried to like LLY's post and it's said I've already met my positive vote quota for the day. My quota is 0 apparently

I'm posting to make sure my avatar is still here. I see it right over there on the left, but you can never be too sure. I never had it saved anywhere else so I'm crossing my fingers.edit: success!

More importantly, how to I jump to where I last left off in a thread. In the old version, there was a small orange-ish button that I could press. Is there a similar button here, am I being stupid and simply not seeing it?

More importantly, how to I jump to where I last left off in a thread. In the old version, there was a small orange-ish button that I could press. Is there a similar button here, am I being stupid and simply not seeing it?
There's a little star or circle next to a thread's heading that shoud take you to your last unread post.
There's a little star or circle next to a thread's heading that shoud take you to your last unread post.
Ah, I see it now. I think my confusion was that the transfer forgot where I was in some (all?) threads, but that's to be expected.Cool beans.

I, for one, like the new skin and much prefer this version of ipb. Nice work, guys.Can you please allow us to stay signed in from multiple computers now?I was on the mobile skin earlier and I don't seem to be able to post on it (I get a disallowed message). The Full Version skin link also didn't work.I haven't tried yet, but on some (all?) other ipb mobile skins, you can't zoom into pictures. I hope we don't have that limitation.Can we get some quota for Liking Posts? I don't know how to say happy birthday or congrats without just clicking Like on someone else's sentiment to that effect...