January Goals

I know we already have a 2007 goals thread, but we need a new monthly goals thread too. Also, if we're going to put our goals in before the month starts, we should probably do it before New Year's Eve when everyone's going to be out drinking. And of course it's fun to be the thread starter.Anyway, my January goals:1. Put in 15,000 hands 2-tabling LHE online.I only put in about 10,000 hands this month and I kinda feel like a layabout, but when I put in 20,000 in November, I got sloppy and almost lost my bankroll. I think 15,000's a happy medium. I know to a lot of people it seems like I'm not even really a professional poker player if I play this little, but the fact of the matter is that for me personally, I think this numbe of hands is more effective for me.2. Rebuild my bankroll to $27,000Yeah, it's a little on the ambitious side, but I went from $900 to $12,000 in December so the January step should be easier. Plus, I'll feel a lot better about my whole November meltdown once I regain the entirety of the money that I lost. $15,000's a pretty reasonable monetary goal too if I'm putting in the majority of my hands at 20/40. I have been hammering those games for the most part.3. Keep my live play losses under $1,000This has turned into a huge leak for me. I'm in the habit of not taking it seriously, and I regularly make terrible peels playing PLO and stuff. I even did a couple $300 Shanghais the other day. If I'm going to play live, I need to treat it like real poker, even if I'm playing a little smaller and the hands come out interminably slow. This $1,000 figure applies to local play only as if I go to Vegas, it's different and interesting enough that I expect to play well there anyway.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made like $2k in December. Will be more like $2.5k if I count the rakeback I earned.I am seriously thinking about switching to 6-max, I think I have all the tools necessary. I'd like to pull $3k in January and hit around $700 in rakeback.

I made like $2k in December. Will be more like $2.5k if I count the rakeback I earned.I am seriously thinking about switching to 6-max, I think I have all the tools necessary. I'd like to pull $3k in January and hit around $700 in rakeback.
You will make a ton more RB at 6-max, fwiw.

Dec goals/results$6,000 ... actual, $5,10020k hands ... actual, 29k handsGot raped over the past week. But still came close to my expectations.January is my first "full" month since June. Im setting the bar low because i willbe playing lower than i anticipated due to previously mentioned rape.And the dollar amount is lower because AP changed their bonus structure.50k hands, and $12,000.Which translates to about 1.5BB/100 at 3/6 and 5/10, even mix.This will require about 30 hours a week of play.

After bleeding money for about the first half of December, I managed to make a nice little rally in about a week and a half, then barely played over the last 5-6 days because of Christmas and such. I ended up winning like $250 or so including rakeback in December. In January I'd like to play at least 5k hands, a mix of 1/2 6-max and 2/4 FR LHE. I'd like to qualify for FullTilt's Silver Freeroll (I qualified for Bronze this month and could have made silver if I hadn't essentially taken a week off for a Christmas trip). If I can pull off the above, I ought to pull in something like $150-$200 in rakeback and maybe $300-$400 in winnings.

At the beginning of December, I wasn't sure whether I could beat my November results, but I ended up blowing them out of the water...running well in cash combined with the hot MTT run I figured I'd need. I did actually play one uneventful session of 5/10 NL. Overall, second best month I've ever had.In January, I don't anticipate having to cash out any money, so I'd like to keep rolling along. I feel like my MTT game is as good as it's ever been, so I'm going to cautiously predict at least a couple big cashes. I haven't really played much cash lately, but I'm looking forward to branching out into some other games. If I hit a rough stretch, I'm prepared to get back into 2/3 NLHE...but I'd certainly like to start getting into 3/6 and 5/10. If I really feel like stressing/challenging myself, I'll jump back on the SHLHE wagon.On a forum related note, I want to get back into the habit of posting hands...not necessarily for my benefit, but for the benefit of discussion.

I had a $4000 month in december even though I've only been playing since 10 days ago. Anyways in january I won't get much time to play so anywhere around $1000 would be nice. My goal for December was to make $1200, but I've been playing a ton in the holidays so I've far exceded that amount.Gl in January and 2007 everyone! :club:

2. Rebuild my bankroll to $27,000Yeah, it's a little on the ambitious side, but I went from $900 to $12,000 in December so the January step should be easier. Plus, I'll feel a lot better about my whole November meltdown once I regain the entirety of the money that I lost. $15,000's a pretty reasonable monetary goal too if I'm putting in the majority of my hands at 20/40. I have been hammering those games for the most part.
Might have to recalibrate my monetary goal, as I briefly got back to $27,000 in December. Am now at $26,000 as I quit for the morning.

Dec was prob my best month ever to date. I've been working in 1 200NL table with my normal 100NL games and been doing ok. If I can keep my hot steak running into Jan that'd be real nice. Jan Goals: 1. Earn $1,400 in bonus money plus cash results2. Continue to try and play in a $200 NL game when I'm playing my $100 games3. Improve tourney gameGL this next year fellas.

I just want to have a winning month.
Done. And I think it is largely because of Actuary, Zach the couple others posting in Micro Strat. It really got me thinking again. I went from about $150 to $660.13 in December.-----------------------------------For January, I want to play at least 10k hands and get my roll up to $1200. I would like to keep taking the occasional shot at 2/4.I have to stop bleeding money away in tournaments.
Might have to recalibrate my monetary goal, as I briefly got back to $27,000 in December. Am now at $26,000 as I quit for the morning.
Wow, very nice! Any Explanation?Edit: You posted it in Dec. goals. Very nice job.

Didn't exactly meet my December goals, but basically I wanted to get in about 20K hands in the week I had off, and did play about that. Ran around 1bb/100 with efficient bonus-whoring, so made about as much money as I was hoping too.Secretly, I wanted to make a few hundred live, since i played a few 10/20 sessions. ran terribly and lost about $1000, and only broke about even in other games thanks to NL losses, but got some of it back with a tourney win.Overall, did about what I wanted.January I have almost no goals. Just put in some hours when I get the chance. I'm starting a full-time job, and have a lot of studying to do, so poker-wise, I just want to get in some hands when I'm otherwise non-busy, and not waste the time.

Results:Absolute:----- $2476 (+269)Bodog: ----- $1288 (-78)Pokerstars:--- $388 (-111)Another frustrating month at Bodog (50NL). I'm making too many bad river calls, it needs to stop.I can't win a pot at Pokerstars 1/2 HORSE or Stud8. Drop 40BB more and I'm moving down to .50/1.00, which seems inevitable at this point.I just want to have 1 freaking winning month at Stars. And clear my $150 bonus before I go broke :club: .

I'll take that as a no. Some 3/6 player on AP by that name says he's an FCPer but won't tell me his FCP name.
No, I'm Draco Malfoy and mostly play LO8,Stud8, and PLO. I play 1/2 LHE once in a blue moon, when I'm in the mood to battle nits for $7 pots. :club:

December: Was a swingy month...turned 50 into 200 then back down to 20 and gonna end up at 200 again with about 50 bucks in rakeback so it was a decent month...It had so much potential for a huge month but cards didnt cooperateedit: Forgot about JanuaryWell I start workin in the real world as of January 8 so I am not sure how much poker I will be able to get in. Hopin to get about 5000 hands in at various games and that would be a good month

New #2 goal: Earn $20,000 in the month of January. FTR, I am f*cked up as can be right now so I'm not capable of a lot of coherent thought, but I did decide earlier last night that that would be a good number for January.

I wanted to hit 8k, but I took out 3k and such and now my bankroll is about 4.2-3. So technically I made my goal?My goal is to make at least 10,000 this month. Although I'm actually shooting for 10-15k profit. Going to put in lots and lots of hours.

Alrighty, I've officially finished the stake deal, 2 days earlier than I expected, meaning that I have a $1000 starting BR.Back to 2/4 for now, and then back to 3/6 when I get to 1500.The main goal is to get from $1000 to $13,500 (minimum) by April 30th. Unfortunately, I won't get to put in as many hands as I'd like to, due to school, but I think I could make $2000-$3000 in January, inluding rakeback, etc to get off to a good start.Gl all.

My goal is basically just to quit donking it up. I make the right plays almost all the time, and can go on huge runs when I just play the game straight-up, but I have still never been able to supress my natural tendencies to throw out completely stupid bluffs every 50 hands or so. So my goal isn't any specific winnings goal, but rather to go through the whole month without throwing away more than $100 on bluffs. Also, my goal is to learn to play small-ball strategy so that I can get away from my traditional over-aggressive old strategy.December Goals:-Build any sort of bankroll from my $50 buy-inResults:-Would have been up to $500 if it weren't for donking it, but had to settle for only being up to $155 after throwing away over $300 on stupid bluffs, and another $50 by calling bets even when I knew that I was beat.