Luck Is Fickle, Fate Is Defiant

Ahhh I finally found my way in here, I'm a fan Daniel but not a fanatic :club: Yep I'm a poker player, unknown but enjoy the game and I consider you a gentleman with a good attitude and character, good for the game and as a general role model for young men that cross your path. Gotta do a little butt smoochin folks .. Daniels earned it. What got me off my butt to finally post was your blog, of which I am a frequent reader. Comments on Ackmenawhackjob the president of Iran. While I disagree with your "opinion" I certianly don't want you to clam up on talking or debating politics. After all how is a person challenged if that person don't speak up and enter the fray? I learn much as I debate political issues, the same as spending time in a ring game or tournament learning poker.Now on to the issues, I just feel the need to express "my" opinion. Thank you for this forum in which I can do so.

He eloquently explained one of the key reasons that Bush and his administration look to opress other nations. If you were the ONLY country in the world with nuclear energy, you could basically run the world. Then, you could also force your beliefs on those in other countries.
"Could" is key to your premise, however America is not forcing our beliefs on anyone, anymore than Canada is. Contrary to some popular opinion America is NOT imperialist.
A VERY extreme example: the U.S. is the only country with nuclear energy. All other sources of energy have since been exhausted giving the U.S. even more power. "Sagawersia" needs energy to survive. The U.S. administration agrees to give Sagawersia energy, but only if they renounce their Muslim beliefs and instead agree to be ruled by Christian law.
Yes I understand this is an example I'd like to point out for clarity's sake. Iran don't "need" nuclear energy and America don't care if they remain "Muslim", but we do have an intrest that the current extremist regime don't get nukes. If the people of Persia had a responsible government friendly to the concepts of liberty and human rights, we would care less if they developed thieir nuclear technology. The current regime as you have acknowledged should have NONE.
I personally believe (just an opinion) that Bush hates Muslims. Then again, I don't think he cares much about black people either.
An "opinion" not backed up by much evidence. His administration has many "blacks" in high positions. If you have any evidence of Bush hating blacks I'd like to see it. As far as Muslims go he has gone to great lengths to not offend the Islamic religon as a whole but to identify specific sects and individuals within it that distort Islam for evil ends. I don't see evidene of his "hatred" for muslims either.
Again, it's no secret that I think Bush has done a terrible job. Many people outside of the U.S. believe that HE and his administration are as dangerous as Ahmadinejad. Lots of people have died since 9/11 due to Bush's decision to go to war with Iraq. Lots of the wrong people have died.
Aye many do share that opinion.... for the most part our enemys. There are exceptions ... you for example :D I am sure are not an enemy to western civilization. Let me say this in short, perhaps I may expand further in some future post but for now the short of it is this;Lots of people have died since even before the Iranian revolution which is fuled by the same evil distorted form of Islam practiced by our enemies today. I am 47 years of age and can remember MANY terrorist attacks against the U.S. and the western world that many of our younger generation can't remember or were never taught about. 9/11 is a culmination of events that have been happening for over 40 years, which is pan-arabic/pan-islamic in scope. It is estimated conservatively that only 1% of Muslims support these terrorist activities, there are 1 BILLION Muslims that's 100 MILLION who support this distorted version of Islam. 1/3 the population of the U.S. Think .... Everyone supported the Afghanistan regime change. .... Think .... if we're going to make it known that America/Western society is serious that State Supported terrorisom will be dealt with seriously. Do we go into Iran next? They were afterall the number 1 state sponsor of terrorisom in the world. Not practical, many nations could concieveably allie together and WW3 would ensue. Think ... chess ... think poker ... What are they thinking we're thinking they're thinking, we're thinking they're thinking???Step 1. Afghanistan, Step 2 Iraq ...... Iraq was perfect as the next step, take out Hussien, so he can't be shooting at our backs. Iraq is centrally situated geographicly so we can strike into ANY or all hot spots if necessary, Syria, Saudi Arabia or Iran are within the grasp of WESTERN military might in a MAJOR way. It is now our job to convince the GOOD MUSLIMS to take control and silence the cult of hatred in thier midst which is poisoning thier culture and religon. IT ALL CAN STOP IN IRAQ **IF** what we're doing there succeeds. We are identifying and defining our enemies, for years they have scurried out of the rocks only to scatter throughout the region after a terrorist attack. Now they are coming to us, being identified, defined and squashed. We MUST stand the course and encourage liberty and the respect for human rights to flourish there, help the good muslims gain the confidence to silence the heathens within thier culture.Unfortuneately we may have to go into Iran, fortuneately we're in a GREAT position to do it if necessary. I really hope it isn't necessary, more support from the rest of the world and less mealy bad mouthing for POLITICAL leftist posturing would help, but I'm not holding my breath. There are depths to the geopolitical manuvering that are not readily visible on the surface of what we see. Our news isn't exactly helping matters but it's free, like your opinion they opine often via emotion rather than reason. No offense meant by that Daniel I'm sure you're good at reason ... but I think you may be another victim of not so good information.
Bin Laden, the dude responsible, wasn't killed by the U.S., but plenty of innocent civilians are dead. Also, thousands of innocent young Americans who were brave enough to fight a war for their country are dead. That's really sad and I think it was totally avoidable.
Thank you for your respect for our dead. The U.S. can spit and chew gum at the same time. The hunt for Bin Laden is still on and will continue. None of this has been in vain, the effort could be measured by how many lives have been/will be saved by their courageous actions. If WW3 is avoided by this action, if the middle eastern region of the world gains a respect for liberty and human rights and joins the 21st century it could very well be thanks to them that hundreds of thousands perhaps even millions will LIVE!
I don't expect everyone to agree with me on all of this, but that's ok. It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. I realize it may not be a popular opinion amongst many, but I've never been one to shy away from speaking my mind.
Opine away Daniel, I hope that there is enough in civilized discourse for all of us to learn something from each other. We may disagree politically on some stuff agree on other stuff, such is the spice of life. I tend not to give much weight to "popular opinion" mobs being such quixotic entities easily swayed by emotion and expediance. I am still a fan, I hope to play across the table from you someday.I will close with a qoute attributed to Budda.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. —Buddha