So I watched the premiere and it was better than expected, but honestly my expectations weren't that high. There's a Hamlet plot line with the protagonist, his mom, and the leader of the club. Katey Sagal's character seems like she very well may turn out to be the power behind the throne. I'm not completely decided on this yet but I'm gonna give it a few more episodes. They do have some talent in there though:Katey SagalRon PerlmanMitch Pileggi Mark Boone Junior As well as some supporting characters played by people I recognize from bit parts in movies like Saving Private Ryan and Braveheart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most ridiculous opening sequence ever

not really, nope.     hey bigd, your favorite character made an appearance tonight.   i'll stand by my conviction he deserves an emmy.

honestly fx, a 1.75 hour premiere that is 50 minutes commercials? GTFO.

Yeah I'm replying to myself. Why? Because fuck Gallo's thread, that's why.Suppositions, deductions and predictions:

So the atf agent is the guy the doc had the restraining order against. he took the pic of jax banging the blonde to drive a wedge. he's off the reservation and the atf has no idea he's in charming stalking his ex. the atf agent will push to hard on doc, jax will learn that the atf has no idea he's the agent is in town and he'll never be heard from again.

Here's what I think of it, actually.. the show could have fit in a large spectrum, of really good, to really crappy. So far, it really has been snuggly in between, It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be. I just get the feeling, that I would like this show a hell of alot more, if it had come out 10 years ago. Now, in the post-Sopranos world, it just seems likes one of a series of knock offs, and it feels like they are getting more and more desperate for gimmick premises to base anti-hero shows on.

It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be.
So far I am watching it.. but if it doesn't get slightly more interesting I may just forget about it. It really could have been much better than it is.Now tell me this.. I'm a little confused about what the whole Sam Cro thing is?PS.. Charlie Hunnam is AMAZINGLY HOT!
Yeah I'm replying to myself. Why? Because fuck Gallo's thread, that's why.
looooooooool
Here's what I think of it, actually.. the show could have fit in a large spectrum, of really good, to really crappy. So far, it really has been snuggly in between, It's not anywhere near as cool as it could be, but it was much better than it probably should be. I just get the feeling, that I would like this show a hell of alot more, if it had come out 10 years ago. Now, in the post-Sopranos world, it just seems likes one of a series of knock offs, and it feels like they are getting more and more desperate for gimmick premises to base anti-hero shows on.
I agree totally with this. The show can be better, it's not bad, but it's not great either. I think I probably would've liked the show much better if they started it when the gang was first formed and the changes it went through to now. I mean, I'd like to see how it went from maybe just a group of guys who liked to ride bikes to a gang that runs guns.
looooooooool mean, I'd like to see how it went from maybe just a group of guys who liked to ride bikes to a gang that runs guns.
I don't think they could do this since it would negate the Hamlet-esque storyline.

I don't think I can ever watch a show that promotes Hell's Angels, which is basically what this is. Not to give too much detail, but they had contracts on my Dad at least twice, and it may have been three times. I was pretty young, so I cannot remember.

I don't think I can ever watch a show that promotes Hell's Angels, which is basically what this is. Not to give too much detail, but they had contracts on my Dad at least twice, and it may have been three times. I was pretty young, so I cannot remember.
Actually, the main character (Jax) is reading his dad's journal which basically says the outlaw gangs got it wrong by becoming too criminally oriented instead of being "responsible anarchists."
Actually, the main character (Jax) is reading his dad's journal which basically says the outlaw gangs got it wrong by becoming too criminally oriented instead of being "responsible anarchists."
What happened to Jax's dad? Did whats his name kill him and only the viewers know?
Well, you better tell your pops tostop-snitching.jpgAlso, if you watched the Sopranos, but not this, you're just plainly a hypocrite. Unless you watched the Sopranos instead of this because the Sopranos are much, much better.. then you just have good taste.

I KNEW you were going to jump on that, and it half the reason I even bothered posting it.Actually I never watched the Sopranos, except a couple episode and could not get into it. I also don't have HBO.My father has had 3 contracts (I remembered) 2 from the HA's and one from the Gotti family. That one was quashed quickly by the FBI because they hired two Cubans (or Columbians, it was a Hispanic C country) and they were picked up immediately arriving into town because they stuck out like sore thumbs.

I KNEW you were going to jump on that, and it half the reason I even bothered posting it.Actually I never watched the Sopranos, except a couple episode and could not get into it. I also don't have HBO.My father has had 3 contracts (I remembered) 2 from the HA's and one from the Gotti family. That one was quashed quickly by the FBI because they hired two Cubans (or Columbians, it was a Hispanic C country) and they were picked up immediately arriving into town because they stuck out like sore thumbs.
Well, as long as you're consistent about your organized crime entertainment consumption. Thank god you don't listen to gangster rap.
Well, as long as you're consistent about your organized crime entertainment consumption. Thank god you don't listen to gangster rap.
LOL. Yeah my dad was not really happy about my NWA and Ice-T albums in H.S.I never really played Fuck the Police in ear shot of him. :club:
What happened to Jax's dad? Did whats his name kill him and only the viewers know?
Well if they borrow from Hamlet, which they seem to be fairly heavily, then yes. Most likely with at least tacit approval from moms.
Well if they borrow from Hamlet, which they seem to be fairly heavily, then yes. Most likely with at least tacit approval from moms.
Thats what I figured. I just wasnt sure if they'd told the audience yet.