#21701 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

Unenjoyable Annoying Retard

• Members
  • 37,627 posts
  • Interests:sports, music, movies, photography
  • Favorite Poker Game:Hi/Lo Chicago

Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:50 PM

Success in the KHL doesn't always translate into NHL success so considering him the best forward is a little premature imo. Vegas has some pretty good forwards.

As for Theodore, it's mostly a numbers game and IIRC his contract allows him to be sent to the minors without having to clear waivers. Vegas is most likely showcasing the dmen they're shopping.
Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#21702 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:09 PM

meh, I said arguably and I would still argue that he is probably their best center.

#21703 Dubey

Dubey

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 10,825 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:12 PM

also, it's not like Vegas has come out and said it was a merit based demotion. They just signed the guy to a fairly expensive contract. It stinks of disorganization and bad management to me, though Arp is probably right, this will be forgotten in the long run and it probably doesn't really matter.

#21704 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,709 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:44 PM

Also itís onky two games. They may still lose 60 games.
Iím a huge fan though.
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#21705 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,627 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

View Postserge, on 10 October 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I maybe wrong but I donít think previous expansion drafts had quality players like Neal and Fleury?

https://en.m.wikiped...Expansion_Draft

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous.

#21706 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,076 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:35 PM

Geoff Sanderson might be a good comparable for Neal.
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#21707 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,812 posts
  • Interests:Poker, Hockey, Hockey pools

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostZach6668, on 10 October 2017 - 08:35 PM, said:

Geoff Sanderson might be a good comparable for Neal.

bingo! agree completely.

#21708 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,627 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

How long before the Hurricanes relocate?

#21709 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,812 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

I dont really know how much of these relocations are about attendance, or about ownership.
Attendance was down last night (which is why im guessing you asked) but thats pretty common for Carolina before the NFL season ends.

Plus, attendance would be a lot higher if this team was good, ie in the playoffs. Not enough of the fans trust the product, yet. Its been 10yrs since they sniffed a playoff game.
My bet? They make the playoffs, every game is a sellout, and next year attendance is up significantly if the playoffs dont leave a bad taste in their mouth. (ie swept away in 1st round)

#21710 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,627 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:34 AM

I think King Henry is nearing the end. What do you think, John?

#21711 digitalmonkey

digitalmonkey

• Members
  • 37,627 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 11 October 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

I dont really know how much of these relocations are about attendance, or about ownership.
Attendance was down last night (which is why im guessing you asked) but thats pretty common for Carolina before the NFL season ends.

Plus, attendance would be a lot higher if this team was good, ie in the playoffs. Not enough of the fans trust the product, yet. Its been 10yrs since they sniffed a playoff game.
My bet? They make the playoffs, every game is a sellout, and next year attendance is up significantly if the playoffs dont leave a bad taste in their mouth. (ie swept away in 1st round)
Ya I saw the attendance was 7000+. Apparently Houston wants a team.

#21712 MapleLeafpoker

MapleLeafpoker

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 17,812 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Postdigitalmonkey, on 12 October 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

Ya I saw the attendance was 7000+. Apparently Houston wants a team.

Houston, really? I didn't know that one at all, wouldn't Seattle and Quebec come first?
Or is the NHL saving Sea+Que for $$$$ expansion fees I wonder.

#21713 serge

serge

Leafs nation Grand Poobah

• Members
  • 48,709 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

View PostMapleLeafpoker, on 12 October 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Houston, really? I didn't know that one at all, wouldn't Seattle and Quebec come first?
Or is the NHL saving Sea+Que for $$$$ expansion fees I wonder.

Bingo. Bettman salivates over expansion fees
Owner of the Mustangs, 2014-2015 AHL Eastern Division Champs

Lets make America Great Again. Trump 2016

#21714 GWCGWC

GWCGWC

Poker Forum God

• Members
  • 14,656 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:56 PM

I wasn’t aware of the rules change regarding unlimited offsides coaches challenges. It makes sense but I had no idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users